United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-03-2008, 11:37 AM
puressence

and for the record big jt is fast becoming a liability at chelsea ..hes lost any pace he had (which wasnt much) injuries catching up with him

Unread 25-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
and for the record big jt is fast becoming a liability at chelsea ..hes lost any pace he had (which wasnt much) injuries catching up with him
Too many injections.

Unread 25-03-2008, 11:40 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Too many injections.
and carrying about 2 stone of extra timber .. watched on sunday in the first half he had 3 yrds on adebayor who then proceede to skin the @#%&!

Unread 25-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899
watch him yesterday when wayne takes on their defenders just before he squares it to Anderson, who baloons it over. Watch carraghers attempt at at a 'tackle'. It's £#%&!ing hilarious.
correct

Unread 25-03-2008, 11:41 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
and carrying about 2 stone of extra timber .. watched on sunday in the first half he had 3 yrds on adebayor who then proceede to skin the @#%&!
He did look a fat slow @#%&! on Sunday.

Unread 25-03-2008, 11:42 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
hopefully capello will have taken note

Unread 25-03-2008, 11:42 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
comedy gold.
nonsense.

Wes Brown is a far superior footballer to Carragher.

Unread 25-03-2008, 11:43 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Too many injections.
aint dat da truth.

hard to believe how few goals we've conceded with that liability at rb. must be all ronnie's tracking back.

i remember some clueless idiot calling him 'the best natural defender i've ever seen' a few years ago. obviously not paying enough attention to sharath.

Unread 25-03-2008, 11:45 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
hopefully capello will have taken note
Don't really care meself but the public and press perception of John "JT" Terry seems incredibly divorced from the player I see these days. He just doesn't look particularly good to me anymore.

Unread 25-03-2008, 11:50 AM
Terry Silver

The difference being that neither our fans nor the media hype Brown to be world-class.

Unread 25-03-2008, 11:51 AM
redhegemony

credit to the coaching staff for working out that Carragher couldn't cope with Rooney and there was a big hole between the two centre backs. £#%&! me even VDS stuck it on his foot from 60 yards.

Unread 25-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Rhodzy

Skrtel looks pretty gash too.

Unread 25-03-2008, 11:57 AM
dunk

Quote:
Quote:
Too many injections.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I've thought he looks finished since he came back from injury. He looks like he is running on ice.

I was speaking to a lad at work who played at a decent level when he was younger, and he reckons it's his back. He said he had a similar problem in his 20's, you feel alright until you have to push your body, but you can just no longer do it, you are constantly compensating, protecting your back, it took him 2 years to get over it.

I remember what John Hartson said last season when Terry had that back problem and he said he was out for over a year with the same problem, how long was Terry out, 2 months?

I get the impression Mourinho has £#%&!ed Terry's career, the amount of times he came back from injury in superhuman time, almost as if he was pressured/ forced into playing. Having never played the game himself (to a decent level) he may well lack the empathy required when it comes to injuries. Just an idea, like.

Unread 25-03-2008, 12:01 PM
King Schlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
comedy gold.

At least try and prove me wrong.

Unread 25-03-2008, 12:04 PM
redhegemony

someone went past JT who did have a bad angle but the look on his face was one of resignation realising he had no chance.

I always thought Makele had protected him and now he is exposed.

Unread 25-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I get the impression Mourinho has £#%&!ed Terry's career, the amount of times he came back from injury in superhuman time, almost as if he was pressured/ forced into playing. Having never played the game himself (to a decent level) he may well lack the empathy required when it comes to injuries. Just an idea, like.
Terry was the one who rushed back, trying to make out he is some kind of hero.

As for his ability, at Christmas I was speaking to a mate of mine whose dad is a coach at Chelsea. I said to him that I didn't rate Terry too highly and that Carvalho is twice the player. He said that that view is shared by the backroom staff at Chelsea, but that Terry was so indulged by Mourinho that he now thinks he has the run of the place.

Wasn't surprised at all the leaked stories following the Carling Cup Final when Grant had planned to leave Terry out, only for Grant to bottle the decision.

Notice that all the negative media coverage about Grant came after that - Lampard and Terry leaking stories to their mates - in spite of the fact that Chelsea were still in Europe and slowly getting back into the title race.

MOTWYW.

Unread 25-03-2008, 12:07 PM
dodger

It also puts his (Carraghers) sulking about his England place into perfect context.

Unread 25-03-2008, 12:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
Terry was the one who rushed back, trying to make out he is some kind of hero.

As for his ability, at Christmas I was speaking to a mate of mine whose dad is a coach at Chelsea. I said to him that I didn't rate Terry too highly and that Carvalho is twice the player. He said that that view is shared by the backroom staff at Chelsea, but that Terry was so indulged by Mourinho that he now thinks he has the run of the place.

Wasn't surprised at all the leaked stories following the Carling Cup Final when Grant had planned to leave Terry out, only for Grant to bottle the decision.

Notice that all the negative media coverage about Grant came after that - Lampard and Terry leaking stories to their mates - in spite of the fact that Chelsea were still in Europe and slowly getting back into the title race.

MOTWYW.
All true, I think Mourinho's indulgence of him and reliance on him is what caused him to come back. I know Fergie would've £#%&!ed him off if he wanted to play in the Cup Final despite being so blatantly unfit, as Terry was for the Carling Cup last year. I find it interesting that both Cech and Terry are suffering so badly with form and fitness since Mourinho's departure, Lampard too, to a lesser extent. Almost as if such problems as injuries were ignored or covered up while Mourinho was there, quick fixes rather than proper healing of the problem. Chelsea seem uninterested in players welfare, as they are easily replaced. The treatment Arjen Robben received for refusing to play whilst injured is rather telling.

Unread 25-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Peter griffin

Remember hearing some expert a few months back that said he had been told by the chelsea medical staff that Terry only had about 2 more years of playing left in him before his body falls to bits, and they were shitting it because Carvalho doesn't seem to want to sign a new contract.

Cech's problem is believe is a back injury that causes his back to completely seize up which is why he flaps at crosses if he has to reach our for them.

Unread 25-03-2008, 12:30 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter griffin
Remember hearing some expert a few months back that said he had been told by the chelsea medical staff that Terry only had about 2 more years of playing left in him before his body falls to bits, and they were shitting it because Carvalho doesn't seem to want to sign a new contract.

Cech's problem is believe is a back injury that causes his back to completely seize up which is why he flaps at crosses if he has to reach our for them.
I've never even met the @#%&!.
Closed Thread