United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 20-05-2024, 12:55 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post
Should be this. This side we win. Probably won't be...

Onana
AWB - Varane - Martinez - Dalot
Casemiro - Amrabat
Garnacho - Mainoo - Rashford
Bruno
gypsum has nailed it.

also gives us three genuine options off the bench in hojlund, amad and mctom.

Unread 20-05-2024, 01:05 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post
Rashford scores against City and he's fresh.

We've been miles more solid last two games with Bruno away from midfield and having an extra body in there. You want to go back to how we've been setup for 99% of the season?

Ok then...
We've been miles more solid with Rashford out of the team, but you want to put him back in for final?

OK then.

Also, absolutely ignore how better Amad has looked in 180 minutes than that @#%&! has all season.

Unread 20-05-2024, 01:12 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
We've been miles more solid with Rashford out of the team, but you want to put him back in for final?

OK then.

Also, absolutely ignore how better Amad has looked in 180 minutes than that @#%&! has all season.
Rashford is capable of scoring in big games in or out of form as he is.

Depending on Fitness, i'd hope he takes it as a point to prove. He's exceptional on the counter (Or transition as the Microsoft excel ASOS managers like to say)

It's not outrageous he would start, although I agree in that I don't see him starting currently.

Long week ahead, were well capable of producing 14 injuries, 2 crisis and a club statement before the game yet

Unread 20-05-2024, 01:14 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by History View Post

Depending on Fitness, i'd hope he takes it as a point to prove. He's exceptional on the counter (Or transition as the Microsoft excel ASOS managers like to say)

It's not outrageous he would start, although I agree in that I don't see him starting currently.

Long week ahead, were well capable of producing 14 injuries, 2 crisis and a club statement before the game yet

I don't necessarily disagree, i've just lost all patience with him and think it's almost hoping on a miracle that he suddenly turns up for a cup final. The best thing for Rashford and United is that he leaves in the summer, his head is clearly aots

Unread 20-05-2024, 01:23 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Also if we had ANYONE else to take AWB place ....

His positional defending us horrific, even against Brighton he £#%&!s right in close to the centre back allowing the winger acres of space....

But it's ok he can get back and tackle another huge weakness that will be exploited, he doesn't know how to defend space ...
Did lol when he showed that winger inside into the 6 yard box on Sat.

Unread 20-05-2024, 01:25 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch View Post
Did lol when he showed that winger inside into the 6 yard box on Sat.
He does it all the time, got us knocked out of Europe doing it a few seasons back.....

Its not instructed on him, he just believes he will get the tackle in so.leaves his winger free reign over his side......

Like you say, the wingers in the box being shown the line ..... Oooooh noooo GOAL

he's a liability.....

Unread 20-05-2024, 01:27 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
I don't necessarily disagree, i've just lost all patience with him and think it's almost hoping on a miracle that he suddenly turns up for a cup final. The best thing for Rashford and United is that he leaves in the summer, his head is clearly aots
This is the issue. Yes, he's scored against the bigger clubs but do we just ignore the state of his recent form? He's stunk the place out with every performance of late and even when he has scored, he's offered absolutely nothing else. His work rate is abysmal too.

He'll probably get picked but go off "injured" when we're 2 down.

Unread 20-05-2024, 01:41 PM
Patty_b

Rashford should probably start for our best chance to win the game with how we'll have to play. So he probably will start.

But letting him walk back into the starting line-up for the final after this season would be a bit sickening.

Unread 20-05-2024, 01:52 PM
larry

onana
awb varane licha diogo
cass kob
amad bruno nacho
rasmus

Unread 20-05-2024, 02:17 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
I don’t think we’ll get away with any team we put out, in the sense this team isn’t disciplined or consistent enough to follow any plan good enough to beat city. So I’m more inclined to have experience and match winners in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by History View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b View Post
Rashford should probably start for our best chance to win the game with how we'll have to play. So he probably will start.

But letting him walk back into the starting line-up for the final after this season would be a bit sickening.
all true.

it's not quite like fergie leaving berbs out of a cl final.

if we go with the sensible option, we might just lose without embarrassing ourselves. we may need peak rashford.

however, (a) the chances of getting peak rashford don't scream "go on, gamble!"; and (b) the @#%&! does not deserve to be in the team, given his refusal to run hard or pass to rasmus. £#%&! him. I'd rather win or lose it with nacho, rasmus, amad, kobbie, etc. this is not a chance for redemption. you don't get a chance for redemption unless you put in the effort.

Unread 20-05-2024, 02:19 PM
Finport Red

This game is going to require full concentration, 100% effort and 90 plus minutes of competent defending right across the team. Rashford should be nowhere near the pitch.

Unread 20-05-2024, 02:20 PM
believe

I think there’s two options. We either play the ten hag way and get outplayed from the first minute or we play pure chaos ball and use the luck of a final one off game. We’re basically Wigan circa 2014 going in to this.

Unread 20-05-2024, 02:20 PM
no fun

It’s a win / win on Saturday

Win the game….slap in the face for the 115ers

Lose….avoid that daft euro conference

At least that’s what I’m convincing myself

Unread 20-05-2024, 02:22 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun View Post

We avoid the European Vanarama win or lose, we get Europa League if we win.

Unread 20-05-2024, 02:23 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun View Post

It's Europa League isn't it...

Unread 20-05-2024, 02:24 PM
RedNick80

Don’t care but can’t be having Rashford starting.

Unread 20-05-2024, 02:26 PM
poppy

As poor as Rashford generally is, he’s even worse when he’s up against Walker. He’s beaten before he gets on the pitch. Bring him on in the second half to chase shadows for the last twenty. Fitting punishment for the effort he’s put in this season.

Unread 20-05-2024, 02:38 PM
NedKelly

Would genuinely bench Rashford, get him to warm up halfway through then just leave him off anyway.

Unread 20-05-2024, 02:40 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Would genuinely bench Rashford, get him to warm up halfway through then just leave him off anyway.
if we're winning, sure.

if we're losing, subbing a young favourite makes sense. "are they booing me?"

Unread 20-05-2024, 03:32 PM
shenwen

You’ve got to think Brighton was a test for a Varane-Martinez pairing.

Think Rashford will start over Amad. I like the idea of Bruno as a false 9 as we need a solid midfield three and Rasmus doesn’t look fit.