Closed Thread

Unread 04-10-2020, 08:50 PM
puressence

Degea not at fault for any of today

Unread 04-10-2020, 08:51 PM
Cream

Yes.

Do it.

If nothing else he’ll get a retirement package out of it.

Unread 04-10-2020, 08:52 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Degea not at fault for any of today
Needs to be sorting the defence out.

Unread 04-10-2020, 08:54 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Needs to be sorting the defence out.
Henderson does seem to command his area a lot better?

Unread 04-10-2020, 10:12 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Henderson does seem to command his area a lot better?
His area doesn't have Maguire and Shaw in it.

How do you control a couple of windowlickers like that?

Unread 04-10-2020, 11:19 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
ffs scar

I don’t think it’s going to work out for any manager for what it’s worth. Too much rot set in and the board is more to blame for this than any manager. No real direction in terms of style of play (lurching from Moyes to LVG to Mourinho to Ole), clueless signings, never building on any momentum any of our managers might have built, struggling to shift players because they decided to give them nonsense contracts no other club would come close to matching. It’s all come back to bite us on the bum and if will continue to do so while we have absolute belms like Ed Woodward pulling the strings.
In many ways, that is the most unforgiveable thing of all.

Unread 05-10-2020, 04:54 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Best thing about today imo. A few players have been getting away with it. I'd have The Scottish Player/Fred back in. Let's get back to grafting, which got us to 3rd.
This what I'm thinking. The midfield was working at the end of last season with no Matic or Pogba. While happy for Matic to rotate, get in those players who, while limited, put in the effort and are ultimately more effective.

Then we only have the defence and attack to sort out

Unread 05-10-2020, 06:21 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
This what I'm thinking. The midfield was working at the end of last season with no Matic or Pogba. While happy for Matic to rotate, get in those players who, while limited, put in the effort and are ultimately more effective.

Then we only have the defence and attack to sort out
The defence will be better with a hardworking midfield in front of them.

Unread 05-10-2020, 08:43 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony

Fernandes
Rashford
Greenwood
The bit I agree with is that starting Rashford, Greenwood & Martial is never going to work long term. We got away with it against lower order teams in lockdown.

Its not been mentioned particularly as 'one' of the issues, but thats how we would get more control in midfield, and VDB in the team potentially.

Unread 05-10-2020, 08:55 AM
Patty_b

I don't know how we'd do it with the front three we have, but I'd like to see what would happen if we got rid of the wingers and played with three No. 10's instead, with freedom to cover the whole width of the pitch. Bruno, Pogba and VDB all moving to find space and link up with each other and the front man, and trying to get in behind, with wing backs overlapping.

At the moment even with wingers and wingbacks we have very little joy out wide, so let's just overload the final third with creative quality instead. We might actually be able to break down an opposition defence for once.

Unread 05-10-2020, 09:28 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I'd like to see what would happen if we got rid of the wingers
wtaf?

Unread 05-10-2020, 10:56 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
I don't know how we'd do it with the front three we have, but I'd like to see what would happen if we got rid of the wingers and played with three No. 10's instead, with freedom to cover the whole width of the pitch. Bruno, Pogba and VDB all moving to find space and link up with each other and the front man, and trying to get in behind, with wing backs overlapping.

At the moment even with wingers and wingbacks we have very little joy out wide, so let's just overload the final third with creative quality instead. We might actually be able to break down an opposition defence for once.
AWB and Shaw providing the attacking width?

Sounds incredible.

Unread 05-10-2020, 10:59 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
AWB and Shaw providing the attacking width?

Sounds incredible.
No different from how we are now. At least we'd have more players able to break down defences.

Unread 05-10-2020, 11:04 AM
believe

I doubt it would send a very big message sending out a worse team who would most likely get absolutely dicked. Imagine being 3 down at Newcastle and bringing James and Ighalo on. Bruce would explode laughing.

Unread 05-10-2020, 11:30 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I doubt it would send a very big message sending out a worse team who would most likely get absolutely dicked. Imagine being 3 down at Newcastle and bringing James and Ighalo on. Bruce would explode laughing.
"but sir. it's only mata thin."

"oh, go on then."

Unread 05-10-2020, 01:08 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
The bit I agree with is that starting Rashford, Greenwood & Martial is never going to work long term. We got away with it against lower order teams in lockdown.

Its not been mentioned particularly as 'one' of the issues, but thats how we would get more control in midfield, and VDB in the team potentially.
agree with this. bruno should be one of the front three.

midfield three should be two of The Scottish Player, fred, matic and one of pogba/v.d. beek (easy choices at the minute...)

we just need to go back to basics.

Unread 05-10-2020, 01:28 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
No different from how we are now. At least we'd have more players able to break down defences.
You misunderstand. Playing Shaw and AWB is the problem- no matter what the formation.
Closed Thread