United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
I think he will rest Ronaldo, he looked £#%&!ed at the end of the Spurs game
possibly, nani looked quite lively sunday, would be good to see him get a run of games

Unread 04-03-2009, 11:06 AM
BarryX

Quote:
I think he will rest Ronaldo, he looked £#%&!ed at the end of the Spurs game
good point, although one of the many things I love about Ron is his desire to play in every match.

Unread 04-03-2009, 11:09 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
good point, although one of the many things I love about Ron is his desire to play in every match.
again, might make more sense to give players a rest at the weekend.

Unread 04-03-2009, 11:10 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
possibly, nani looked quite lively sunday, would be good to see him get a run of games
Lively without playing well maybe. Still i'd play him against Fulham.

Unread 04-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Lively without playing well maybe. Still i'd play him against Fulham.
thought he posed a threat, he had more sucsess than ronaldo in the first half

Unread 04-03-2009, 11:12 AM
BarryX

Quote:
yup. I'd start with our strongest 11 tonight and hopefully will be in a position to bring some subs on after 55 - 65 minutes.

Unread 04-03-2009, 11:13 AM
jem

Quote:
and thrice

you've turned

(great team, btw, although for some reason you've left out the world player of year ?)
ronaldo could do with a rest, as could old mr giggs.

park and fletcher have no talent. I'm just using the squad.

Unread 04-03-2009, 11:13 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
yup. I'd start with our strongest 11 tonight and hopefully will be in a position to bring some subs on after 55 - 65 minutes.
Definitely for me, away PL games are not the time i'd like to see us resting players, particularly as we've had our struggles winning away. Play the strongest team, use subs well and rest players who might need it on Satdee.

Unread 04-03-2009, 11:16 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
park and fletcher have no talent.
Zoltan has though

Unread 04-03-2009, 11:17 AM
jem

Default zoltan

has a lot more talent than fletch. so has danny murphy.

of course, we should have bought diaby.

Unread 04-03-2009, 11:19 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
He could throw Park in tonight and rest Ronnie for the weekend, makes more sense with Park being refreshed for this game but like said before Ronnie loves to play

Unread 04-03-2009, 11:25 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
has a lot more talent than fletch. so has danny murphy.
:shakehead: my opninion of your knowledge of football drops even further...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
of course, we should have bought diaby.
He's injured more than Saha. Not a bad player though. Not good enough for United, but not bad.

Unread 04-03-2009, 11:26 AM
jem

Default dunk

I believe this is the wrong thread for this conversation, but I find the idea that diaby isn't good enough for united, but park and fletch are, to be slightly preposterous.

Unread 04-03-2009, 11:27 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Definitely. Going into the scouse game 7 points clear with a game in hand would be fantastic and leave them no option but to attack us from the off.

Unread 04-03-2009, 11:27 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
He could throw Park in tonight and rest Ronnie for the weekend, makes more sense with Park being refreshed for this game but like said before Ronnie loves to play
We need Ronnie more tonight than for Fulham, it's a more important game, then again I'd play Park and Ronnie unless Ronnie is actually unable to play through apparant exhaustion.

Unread 04-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Charlestown Rouge

I despair.

We should be able to play a fresh XI tonight and still crap all over Nuhkassel.

I'm off up there NOW.

Unread 04-03-2009, 11:32 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I believe this is the wrong thread for this conversation, but I find the idea that diaby isn't good enough for united, but park and fletch are, to be slightly preposterous.
I agree, why not start a Diaby > Fletcher/Park thread, it'd be a good accompaniment to the big zlat > berbie one.

Unread 04-03-2009, 11:33 AM
jem

Default the priority

should be fulham. and fulham have a good home record, whereas newcastle are shite. as long as we play a stong defence (which we will), rooney and berbatov (neither of whom will be tired if they play on saturday as well as twice next week, but who could miss saturday at a push), it doesn't really matter who plays in midfield - apart from carrick, they're all much of a muchness anyway.

Unread 04-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Stickman

the team thats going to face Inter please.

Unread 04-03-2009, 11:34 AM
jem

Quote:
I agree, why not start a Diaby > Fletcher/Park thread, it'd be a good accompaniment to the big zlat > berbie one.
it won't be much of an argument because everyone will simply agree with me or get a banning for being stupid.
Closed Thread