United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Who do you want to replace Rooney?
Lewandowski 31 44.93%
Falcao 17 24.64%
Cavani 2 2.90%
Villa 1 1.45%
Higuain 0 0%
Benzema 1 1.45%
Jovetic 2 2.90%
Damiao 1 1.45%
Neymar 4 5.80%
El Sharaawy 0 0%
Other(please state who) 10 14.49%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 12-05-2013, 08:38 PM
Neo

Cavani is the best number 9 in Europe. Him and RVP up front together would just be ridiculous.

He will cost too much money though, and there are other areas of the squad that need addressing, such as central midfield and the left wing. If Nani leaves then we are £#%&!ed on the right flank, too.

I suppose signing Ronaldo kills two birds with one stone as we solve the wing problems, and we also add a huge goal threat. Sell Rooney, buy Ronaldo, and then add a central midfielder. Got a feeling we'll go for Bale though, which would be an excellent signing, too. Just realised he's scored 25 goals this season, with 20 in the league; very good return, tbf.

Unread 12-05-2013, 08:40 PM
TheKitchenSink

No one, cos he's staying right here

Unread 12-05-2013, 08:43 PM
dunk

Lewandowski.

I would assume that any Rooney replacing business is additional to what was to be done anyway on the wings and in midfield.

I don't ever want to see Hernandez starting regularly for United love the lad, he tries hard, gets goals, but he isn't a long term solution.

Unread 12-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I don't ever want to see Hernandez starting regularly for United love the lad, he tries hard, gets goals, but he isn't a long term solution.

Unread 12-05-2013, 08:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
File with Rossi. Good, but not that good...

Unread 12-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Very harsh. He's improved loads this season with his link-up and hold-up play even though he's had minimal game time.

He would be a 30+ goalscorer in the league for any other club.

Unread 12-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Cream

Lewandowski coz of Kagawa - I'm assuming they play well together.

But really, I'd go with a goalscoring winger, a la Ronaldo, Bale.

Unread 12-05-2013, 08:49 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Very harsh. He's improved loads this season with his link-up and hold-up play even though he's had minimal game time.

He would be a 30+ goalscorer in the league for any other club.
He has, but it's mainly his effort and physicality that have improved. His touch and general play are still very hit and miss.

Unread 12-05-2013, 08:49 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
To be fair we had a Paul Scholes who hadnt played for 4 months out there.
Even when he went off and Ando came on we still didn't look right

Priority number one this summer is to sort out the centre midfield and our attacking / wide midfielders.

I don't want to see us play with two centre forwards on a consistent basis as it makes you too predictable and short in midfield
What top club side in Europe plays with two centre forwards? I can't think of one

Unread 12-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Cream

As it happens, the club will be looking for a new superstar.

After losing Ronaldo there's no way they can afford to ship out our biggest name.

It'll be Bale imo.

Unread 12-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Right, the number 9 shirt awaits a new hero. Seeing the lift RvP gave us this past season when nobody felt a new striker was a priority was very telling. Get this signing right and we will continue to dominate.

striker was essential last summer

it's essential this summer too, regardless of whether the scouse #@&%! is £#%&!ed off

from your list there's a few good candidates. easy to think Moyes might work very well with a player like Lewandowski, so that's probably the best solution. doubt we can get him though

Unread 12-05-2013, 09:06 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

it's essential this summer too, regardless of whether the scouse #@&%! is £#%&!ed off

from your list there's a few good candidates. easy to think Moyes might work very well with a player like Lewandowski, so that's probably the best solution. doubt we can get him though
Its essential to buy a 5th striker if Wazzoh stays?

Lewy is hard working and has the link up play that makes him a dream for the players behind him.

I just cannot see how dortmund could justify handing bayern lewandowski after they were bamboozled by the gotze deal. Possibly losing a cl final, 20 pts behind in the league AND selling gotze+lewandowski to bayern? I'd be so surprised....

Would be great to see another Pole stealing the jobs off English people.

Unread 12-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Cream

Quote:

He likes a big brute too, correct?

I know I do.

Unread 12-05-2013, 09:07 PM
MIFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Cavani is the best number 9 in Europe. Him and RVP up front together would just be ridiculous.

He will cost too much money though, and there are other areas of the squad that need addressing, such as central midfield and the left wing. If Nani leaves then we are £#%&!ed on the right flank, too.

I suppose signing Ronaldo kills two birds with one stone as we solve the wing problems, and we also add a huge goal threat. Sell Rooney, buy Ronaldo, and then add a central midfielder. Got a feeling we'll go for Bale though, which would be an excellent signing, too. Just realised he's scored 25 goals this season, with 20 in the league; very good return, tbf.
Resigning Ronaldo or bale is £#%&!in dream! Defo need top midfielder, bye bye waz,nani, anderson. Utd go on

Unread 12-05-2013, 09:09 PM
Neo

Quote:

You've spent all season saying how we need Goetze, now you're saying a striker is the essential requirement.

Make up your £#%&!ing mind Rainman.

Unread 12-05-2013, 09:17 PM
Whalefish

In a Westwood style, United need to go big for Team Bale and Lewandowski this Summer. Strootman where's your troosers too.

Failing that Crespo.

Unread 12-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Its essential to buy a 5th striker if Wazzoh stays?

Lewy is hard working and has the link up play that makes him a dream for the players behind him.

I just cannot see how dortmund could justify handing bayern lewandowski after they were bamboozled by the gotze deal. Possibly losing a cl final, 20 pts behind in the league AND selling gotze+lewandowski to bayern? I'd be so surprised....

Would be great to see another Pole stealing the jobs off English people.
i reckon so, yeah

as someone said above a new superstar wouldn't be a bad way to put a new stamp on the team even if it's all been arranged before the new manager takes his seat

if Rooney stays then maybe one of the others will leave - or maybe they can just make Rooney hang around for a while, at least until the winter window?

looks like he's gone anyway obviously; he won't be missed as long as he's replaced, no matter what he does elsewhere

Unread 12-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Luffy

I'd be happy with kagawa as the permanent 10. Hernandez will keep his bit part role along with welbeck continuing his Henry like growth out wide before hopefully coming inside and being a beast.

Kagawa is wasted out wide or deeper. He's a proper goal threat and we need to get him showing it.

Unread 12-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Baron

Neymar because everyone but me would £#%&!ing hate him

Unread 12-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Neymar because everyone but me would £#%&!ing hate him
That would be immense.

Like the early Ronaldo years all over again. Strap yourselves in, it's gonna be one helluva ride.

Closed Thread