United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 21-02-2015, 02:28 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraUtd
LVG does seem to go overly cautious for away games, will be amazed (and £#%&!ing ecstatic) if Fellaini doesn't start.
I don't like the football we play with that fro thing either but is this not an inherent contradiction? Fro makes us play an uglier, more direct style, less cautious surely, the caution comes with the plan A passing game that isn't coming off with the erratic distribution and lack of movement in the final third.

All the criticism while justified to some extent is becoming a bit shrill and self-contradictory.

Unread 21-02-2015, 02:51 PM
FraUtd

Think the football we play with Fellaini in the the team is £#%&!ing awful, and while it does seem to be the only way we're getting any success at the minute, it makes me want to do anything else but watch us.

Would rather watch us at least to try any type of game out of passing, quick, counter attacking, wing play, anything that is more exciting or at least ambitious.

If LVG just threw his hat at it and got us playing decent attacking football like we should be, we could well get (more than likely get) hammered a few times, but if the players we have knew we were going to be playing that type of football, they're better than they have shown so far and it would get better eventually.

In my opinion

Unread 21-02-2015, 02:54 PM
andyroo

It's fair enough. It's frustrating that our choices at the moment seem to be either sterile domination or being a posh Stoke, when we want to see proper attacking football.

Of course Fellaini in midfield is even worse, worst of both worlds, but we've only got that v Cambridge and Preston, this season anyway...

Unread 21-02-2015, 02:55 PM
Szekely

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraUtd
Think the football we play with Fellaini in the the team is £#%&!ing awful, and while it does seem to be the only way we're getting any success at the minute, it makes me want to do anything else but watch us.

Would rather watch us at least to try any type of game out of passing, quick, counter attacking, wing play, anything that is more exciting or at least ambitious.

If LVG just threw his hat at it and got us playing decent attacking football like we should be, we could well get (more than likely get) hammered a few times, but if the players we have knew we were going to be playing that type of football, they're better than they have shown so far and it would get better eventually.

In my opinion

It depends how we utilise him. If it's simply launching balls up to him at the earliest opportunity, I agree. I thought on Monday though, he held it up and brought others in well.

We played better stuff with him up top in the second half that we did in midfield in the first half.

Unread 21-02-2015, 02:57 PM
armchair

Wouldn't be upset to see rvp and falcao on the bench and rooney playing up front.

Unread 21-02-2015, 03:00 PM
Switching Off

Happy with that

Unread 21-02-2015, 03:01 PM
Szekely

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Wouldn't be upset to see rvp and falcao on the bench and rooney playing up front.

Same.

In fact, there is absolutely no justification for Falcao starting. Whatever the reason, whatever player he was or could be, he's getting worse and worse and offers nothing to us. Wilson stretches defensive or playing Rooney up front would give us more flexibility.

if we persist with Rooney in mid and RVP/Falcao up front, I can't see any change in the lifeless stuff we've been playing. We need to play with more flexibility, freedom and above all, urgency!

Unread 21-02-2015, 03:04 PM
Zorg

Football

3-0 United.

Unread 21-02-2015, 03:04 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Let's see where Fellaini plays

At least Herrera's in but it's a diamond again so he can shoehorn in van Persie who will stroll around as usual

Unread 21-02-2015, 03:13 PM
ScarFace

has the penny finally dropped?

please do well you scouse @#%&!

Unread 21-02-2015, 03:14 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

Would swap Fellaini for Mata. I have no love whatsoever anymore for RVP.

Herrera in the side and Rooney up front is a start though.

Unread 21-02-2015, 03:16 PM
andyroo

Could it be 4-2-3-1?

Dave
Paddy Mac, Gurn, Red Marks, Sheezy
Dalyer, El Borrachín
Fro, Wiggy, Di Maz
Van Perse

Unread 21-02-2015, 03:17 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Could it be 4-2-3-1?

Dave
Dalyer, El Borrachín
Fro, Wiggy, Di Maz
Van Perse
I £#%&!ing hope not. That formation isn't too bad but the selection if that is the case...

Unread 21-02-2015, 03:24 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Could it be 4-2-3-1?

Dave
Dalyer, El Borrachín
Fro, Wiggy, Di Maz
Van Perse
I can't see herrera playing a defensive role . Probably a diamond with fro at the top of it . Rooney and rvp up top .

Unread 21-02-2015, 03:28 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
I can't see herrera playing a defensive role . Probably a diamond with fro at the top of it . Rooney and rvp up top .
Definitely more likely.

Long as it isn't Fellaini in the defensive role

Unread 21-02-2015, 03:29 PM
dunk

Fellaini and RvP up front? or Fellaini in the No.10 and Herrera shunted to the right to mimic the awful 1st half on Monday

Unread 21-02-2015, 03:37 PM
woody78

Not entirely happy with fellaini and rvp starting tbh

Unread 21-02-2015, 03:58 PM
waynes ear's

The kids, proper buzzing to see united

Unread 21-02-2015, 04:01 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
Not entirely happy with fellaini and rvp starting tbh
RvP likes this ground