isnt he 30 now?

whats happened to david villa?
yeah - 30 and still shit!

heskey>villa obviously!!

Unread 24-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
You can't help but like Poyet can you? No airs, no attitude at being asked tough questions like some a bit closer to home, tells it how it is and without the footy-ese..

Nice fella.
Quote:
because you could tell he was trying to clarify an obviously difficult situation with honesty and calm.

Most of the other Johnny Big-%@#$&!s managers would have told the interviewer to mind his own £#%&!ing business and walked away.
thought he just said it was down to the player ie he tried to cover the management's arse

amazing how these things are spun really

Unread 24-08-2008, 09:39 AM
razzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
thought he just said it was down to the player ie he tried to cover the management's arse

amazing how these things are spun really
no, he just said the player wasn't in the right frame of mind

Unread 24-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzle
no, he just said the player wasn't in the right frame of mind
eh?

you mean yes, he just said the player wasn't in the right frame of mind

Unread 24-08-2008, 09:54 AM
razzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
eh?

you mean yes, he just said the player wasn't in the right frame of mind
i thought you were suggesting that he said it was down to the player, as in the player refused to play, as has been reported by marlo

Unread 24-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzle
i thought you were suggesting that he said it was down to the player, as in the player refused to play, as has been reported by marlo
marlo is a notorious bullshitter

Unread 24-08-2008, 11:56 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
We have made a final offer for Berbie today
er... which offer is not your final offer? i mean, you don't make an offer and tell them you'll be back with more next week, do you?

"so, mr. levy, that's 20m over three years, half immediately and the balance in installments at the end of each of the next three seasons. we hope you'll consider this seriously and accept before next wednesday, when we'll be back with a better offer."

Unread 24-08-2008, 12:05 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
er... which offer is not your final offer? i mean, you don't make an offer and tell them you'll be back with more next week, do you?

"so, mr. levy, that's 20m over three years, half immediately and the balance in installments at the end of each of the next three seasons. we hope you'll consider this seriously and accept before next wednesday, when we'll be back with a better offer."
thats a valid point

however I guess in this particular sense it means: we will pay for a signed contract with a total purchase price of 25 million pounds, now, for Mr Bertbatov. If you don't accept it we will never, ever, ever, come back in for him again. Cross my heart and hope to die, stick a needle in my eye, final final offer type of way.

Unread 24-08-2008, 03:44 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
because you could tell he was trying to clarify an obviously difficult situation with honesty and calm.

Most of the other Johnny Big-%@#$&!s managers would have told the interviewer to mind his own £#%&!ing business and walked away.
Hhmm, I dunno. He was growing impatient towards the end as the interviewer kept poking away. But yeah, he's a likeable character. Well done to the interviewer too. He kept probing. So many of these press lot are shit scared of asking the real questions for fear of getting ticked off.

I think the deal will happen this week. It's surely the only way to go now. I think Spurs had hoped that the new season might help the situation sort itself out. Maybe they'd start well, Berbatov would play and the United interest would just fizzle out. But this opens up a whole can of worms. Every Spurs fan wants him out (and why wouldn't they?), the player has turned on the club and it's seeping onto the pitch and has become an edgy affair and damaging distraction.

It benefits everyone for the transfer to go ahead now. Spurs have had every right to fight to keep him and fair play to them (despite Levy's hypocrisy and misquotes), but it's surely going to end one way now.

I think he'll sign early next week and he will, in my opinion, be a £#%&!in revelation for us!

Unread 24-08-2008, 04:06 PM
S/Side.Red

It's probably significant that Zenit yesterday agreed to pay Dinamo Moscow 30m Euros for their Portuguese no.10 Danny. Could set off a Domino effect.

Unread 24-08-2008, 04:07 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It's probably significant that Zenit yesterday agreed to pay Dinamo Moscow 30m Euros for their Portuguese no.10 Danny. Could set off a Domino effect.
well they must be selling Arseface now surely

Unread 24-08-2008, 07:20 PM
geo100100

http://wwww.clubfanzine.com/tottenha...s.php?id=13602

Arshavin wasnt in the squad today

Unread 24-08-2008, 07:20 PM
koppas

£#%&! KFC do you work for the NOTW?

Unread 24-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas