United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-11-2007, 01:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
What an exciting day that was

All the speculation on here and then BANG! Double whammy within the same hour.

I can still see that yellow bar on Sky Sports News right now.
What a day, such exhilaration, I must've read each report ten times in disbelief.

The missus %@#$&!ed me, apparently I wasn't that giddy on the days my kids were born

Unread 15-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
My mate has done a bit of work for his mum, and even she thinks he's a @#%&!.

Unread 15-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Qwertyuiop

Kenyon - 'We are cash rich'

Stupid @#%&!.

Unread 15-11-2007, 01:39 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
What a day, such exhilaration, I must've read each report ten times in disbelief.

The missus %@#$&!ed me, apparently I wasn't that giddy on the days my kids were born

It was strange.

There were pics on here in the day of Gill and Queiroz in Portugal so I thought there might be something in the Nani rumours.

I got in from work, slapped SSN on and there was nothing.
I turned it off and back on again about an hour later. In the bloody time I was away the yellow bar was streaking across. I missed the beginning of the bar and just saw:

'.....deal to join Manchester United'

I thought, 'oh, that'll be Nani'.

When I saw the thing in it's entirity it was actually Anderson. Still reeling from that, it came round a second time with Nani's name added on to it.

I nearly did a double take.

I waited for it come around a third time to see who the third signing would be

Unread 15-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Fountz

Thumbs up + 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Best thing that's happened to United in years is Chelsea poaching Kenyon. Pretty much all our transfers under Gill have been done quickly, quietly and without any fuss. He's a professional and good at his job. Kenyon is just a £#%&!ing sheister and he's continued to prove this at Chelsea. Thanks Roman.
Me and the Magpie !

Unread 15-11-2007, 01:53 PM
rebelcountyred

that is an old story about the goofy one, remember reading that problem arose because kenyon made an offer without consulting with the board, after informing the board of the offer they made him retract it, hence psg being annoyed.

Unread 15-11-2007, 01:53 PM
sharath

Hindsight is always a good thing.

But thinking now, ronaldo ( 18 years ) and rooney ( 18 years ) >>>> Goofy at 24 and his circus.

Regarding the day we signed,

All our opposition forums:

when we signed Anderson --> I hate those manc @#%&!s. They have signed Anderson. At least they won't sign nani. we may have a chance

later , when we signed nani --> I hate those £#%&!ing manc bastards. They have signed nani as well.

Unread 15-11-2007, 02:49 PM
borsuk

Quote:
DiarioSport
hmmm.

*scratches head, rubs chin*

hmmm.

Unread 15-11-2007, 02:58 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
Durante algunas horas, Ronaldinho fue virtualmente jugador del Manchester United. En plenas negociaciones de Sandro Rosell con el PSG, fue el equipo inglés quien hizo la oferta más alta económicamente, curiosamente a manos de Peter Kenyon. Sin embargo este directivo cambió después la oferta, el PSG se enfadó y dio por cerrado el trato del Barça, que era el club que más gustaba a Ronnie. Ahora Kenyon vuelve a cruzarse en la vida del brasileño.

nft.
the best bit about that post is the "nft" bit

imagine reading a spanish paper and seeing that at the end

Unread 15-11-2007, 03:00 PM
bcred

bang on ...my point precisely.at the time i thought he was potentially another Eric.How anybody can argue differently i fail to see.

cuddly pete = @#%&!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
can be argued at the time i was £#%&!ing gutted we didnt sign him ..hes still a brilliant player

Unread 15-11-2007, 03:06 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC

It was strange.

There were pics on here in the day of Gill and Queiroz in Portugal so I thought there might be something in the Nani rumours.

I got in from work, slapped SSN on and there was nothing.
I turned it off and back on again about an hour later. In the bloody time I was away the yellow bar was streaking across. I missed the beginning of the bar and just saw:

'.....deal to join Manchester United'

I thought, 'oh, that'll be Nani'.

When I saw the thing in it's entirity it was actually Anderson. Still reeling from that, it came round a second time with Nani's name added on to it.

I nearly did a double take.

I waited for it come around a third time to see who the third signing would be
Almost exactly the same with me! Remember all the rumours on here. A couple of hours later, I was at home watching SSN, when the yellow bar appeared, with the news Anderson had signed! Couldn't believe it, as we'd hardly been linked with him. Then they added Nani Phoned my cousin to break the news to him, he was giddy as £#%&!

Oh, what a day

Unread 15-11-2007, 03:07 PM
redloner

Anyone know if the story in (Ned) Kelly's book is true?

Allegedly, Vieira was interested in joining us and Ferg was going to Miami to see him in the summer. He decided he would be too conspicuous, so Kenyon went instead. The rest, as they say, is history, a la Ronaldinho...

Unread 15-11-2007, 03:40 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by redloner
Anyone know if the story in (Ned) Kelly's book is true?

Allegedly, Vieira was interested in joining us and Ferg was going to Miami to see him in the summer. He decided he would be too conspicuous, so Kenyon went instead. The rest, as they say, is history, a la Ronaldinho...
Don't know that one, but I seem to remember that the Vieira deal was basically sealed then the Arsenal board blocked it and we signed Veron...

Unread 15-11-2007, 05:27 PM
George Bestial

Kenyon did quite a lot for the fans as i recall.

Fans Forum, Stretford Tier Two banners/singing end. The fooker even sat in there for a couple of matches to see how it was going.

Unread 15-11-2007, 05:33 PM
legendary saf

Things worked out for the better.

Cristiano is only 22 and I think he can reach the heights Ronaldinho Gaucho was at from 2003-2006. And that's before i've even got into Wayne Rooney.

I think we should be very happy with how things have turned out.

Unread 15-11-2007, 05:34 PM
El Calafate

Kenyon £#%&!ed utd up good and proper before he left (on purpose in my view). we had 2 or 3 years of absolute dross because of that. nft.

Unread 15-11-2007, 05:36 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Kenyon £#%&!ed utd up good and proper before he left. we had 2 or 3 years of absolute dross. nft.
It's called transition and it's gone a long way to making Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney the players they are.

I am in no way slating O'Shea but I think he hasn't progressed as much as I hoped he would since his first 2 seasons as a first teamer. Decent squad member though, same goes for Fletch.

Unread 15-11-2007, 05:41 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
It's called transition and it's gone a long way to making Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney the players they are.

I am in no way slating O'Shea but I think he hasn't progressed as much as I hoped he would since his first 2 seasons as a first teamer. Decent squad member though, same goes for Fletch.
after winning the league in 2003, we sold Beckham and Veron, replaced them with Kleberson, Djemba, Bellion, Howard, Forlan, Miller, etc. the next season our midfield pretty much consisted of O'Shea and Fletcher. then we failed to get Robben, Essien (all because of Kenyon) and the had Mikel kidnapped by Chelsea. all in all it was a £#%&!in disaster. Rooney and Ronaldo apart. nft.

Unread 15-11-2007, 05:44 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
after winning the league in 2003, we sold Beckham and Veron, replaced them with Kleberson, Djemba, Bellion, Howard, Forlan, Miller, etc. the next season our midfield pretty much consisted of O'Shea and Fletcher. then we failed to get Robben, Essien (all because of Kenyon) and the had Mikel kidnapped by Chelsea. all in all it was a £#%&!in disaster. Rooney and Ronaldo apart. nft.
Yep it was a pretty shitty transfer market that year save Ronaldo which for me overshadows that negativity and we are in a very fantastic position now so no point dwelling on things in the past.

Unread 15-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bestial
Kenyon did quite a lot for the fans as i recall.

Fans Forum, Stretford Tier Two banners/singing end. The fooker even sat in there for a couple of matches to see how it was going.
Kenyon walked out on us to go to Chelsea taking with him our transfer targets. The man did next to nothing for the fans and is and always will be a @#%&!. Tell him that from me the next time you see him.
Closed Thread