United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Got TalkSport on in the background.
Bobby Gould has just said that only 4 United players would get in the Spurs side (Rooney, Vidic, Rio & Evra)
haha i love it
paul merson on soccer saturday: "i cant see man united winning"
only phil thompson predicted a united win

other shite
charlie nicholas on berbatov: " hes not even assisting goals"
he was joint top of premier league assists last year and has one this year after playing probably 2 and half games in total

Unread 12-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Aloe Blacc

We should have just made a complete overhaul, after Moscow IMO.

Sold Hargreaves when we had the chance, Scholes was finished after that season completely, the likes of Anderson and Park shoulda been sold to highest bidders. We shouldn't have signed Berbatov either, especially at £30m.

Our backline won us the league last season, that just isn't United.

But what happened has happened and now we're stuck with a slightly above average squad. Fergie crying about value for money....yet theres players like Van Der Vaart avaliable for peanuts or great value for big money players such as Diego for £21m.

We just need to get 3rd place this season, scrape it and then we might see some massive changes in the summer. Some players are past it, some just aren't hungry anymore.

After big successful periods it is normal for this to happen tbh. We just need to do it right and pray we aren't too shit this season. Falling out of a CL place would have massive implications on the club, not just on the pitch.

Sorry if this sounds a bit over dramatic, but it does look a bit hopeless anyway. At least we know how it feels to be one of the outsiders this season.

Unread 12-09-2009, 12:48 PM
jem

Default I hope

we win 4-3 and giggs and kranjcar both get a hattricks. my fantasy league team will soar.

it will be 0-0 an turgid shit, though.

Unread 12-09-2009, 12:58 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we win 4-3 and giggs and kranjcar both get a hattricks. my fantasy league team will soar.

it will be 0-0 an turgid shit, though.
That's not what turgid means. It should be what it means but unfortunately it's not.

Unread 12-09-2009, 12:59 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
haha i love it
paul merson on soccer saturday: "i cant see man united winning"
only phil thompson predicted a united win

When we lost at Burnley the other week Merson 'cheered' when the FT whistle went
He's an ABU cliche' of the highest order.

I know I like a moan, but £#%&!ing hell. It's not so bad that we should be casting envious glances at Tottenham.
I would argue that they have ONE player...maybe 2 that would get within a sniff of our starting 11.

If Modric keeps his form going he might be a player & I think Lennon would get a game at the minute while Nani & Valencia still struggle to nail a starting place.

Other than that, no £#%&!er else in a million years.
Palacios wouldn't get a shirt with Fletcher & Hargreaves around & Defoe is a tidy player but is currently going through a flavour of the month arse kissing purple patch.

Unread 12-09-2009, 01:00 PM
MUFC One Love

United will win by 2 goals today.

Unread 12-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
We should have just made a complete overhaul, after Moscow IMO.

Sold Hargreaves when we had the chance, Scholes was finished after that season completely, the likes of Anderson and Park shoulda been sold to highest bidders. We shouldn't have signed Berbatov either, especially at £30m.

Our backline won us the league last season, that just isn't United.

But what happened has happened and now we're stuck with a slightly above average squad. Fergie crying about value for money....yet theres players like Van Der Vaart avaliable for peanuts or great value for big money players such as Diego for £21m.

We just need to get 3rd place this season, scrape it and then we might see some massive changes in the summer. Some players are past it, some just aren't hungry anymore.

After big successful periods it is normal for this to happen tbh. We just need to do it right and pray we aren't too shit this season. Falling out of a CL place would have massive implications on the club, not just on the pitch.

Sorry if this sounds a bit over dramatic, but it does look a bit hopeless anyway. At least we know how it feels to be one of the outsiders this season
i dont mind if your predicting that, but dont state it likes it fact, we have only played four games won 3 of them. we always start slow and gain momentum. we played shit against arsenal but got the points which is more than we did over them last year when we probably played better so can we complain really?
why would he make major changes after winning the double?
sold anderson? yeah he hasnt lived up to what we thought but how many young players from the age of 18 have a smooth development at the very top level? not many. now i think anderson and fergie know that hes got this season to push on, same with nani but i think fergie knows more about it than you do.

Unread 12-09-2009, 01:06 PM
armchair

Someone should mercy kill Aloe preferably with a bolt gun.

Unread 12-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
United will win by 2 goals today.

Unread 12-09-2009, 01:19 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
That's not what turgid means. It should be what it means but unfortunately it's not.
you should tell tumescent throb, not me.

I'm not quite sure how you can deduce that I ascribed a different meaning to the technical meaning without any additional context, but I'm happy to be corrected if it does not suggest something long, slow, swollen and painful on the sphincter, producing nothing more entertaining in the bowl than a large turd.

I'll admit there is a typo in there, if it helps.

Unread 12-09-2009, 01:31 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
you should tell tumescent throb, not me.

I'm not quite sure how you can deduce that I ascribed a different meaning to the technical meaning without any additional context, but I'm happy to be corrected if it does not suggest something long, slow, swollen and painful on the sphincter, producing nothing more entertaining in the bowl than a large turd.

I'll admit there is a typo in there, if it helps.
It doesn't mean slow moving at all. Self-inflated, pompous, pretentious.

If it's any consolation I used it incorrectly for years too. Which was turgid.

Unread 12-09-2009, 01:39 PM
jem

Quote:
It doesn't mean slow moving at all. Self-inflated, pompous, pretentious.

If it's any consolation I used it incorrectly for years too. Which was turgid.
i thought it meant swollen, not slow-moving. slow-moving would be torpid, no?

Unread 12-09-2009, 01:41 PM
jem

Default I'm going to work

the word tardigradous into a conversation this afternoon.

although, as I am home alone, it won't come as a surprise.

Unread 12-09-2009, 01:49 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
i thought it meant swollen, not slow-moving. slow-moving would be torpid, no?
Yeah torpid is what you meant.

Turgid is swollen in terms of body parts and supposedly overblown/bombastic in terms of performances.

I don't think you meant that we'd be pinging it around flamboyantly but to no ends. Or did you?

Veron could get a bit turgid on his day

Unread 12-09-2009, 02:04 PM
jem

Quote:
Yeah torpid is what you meant.

Turgid is swollen in terms of body parts and supposedly overblown/bombastic in terms of performances.

I don't think you meant that we'd be pinging it around flamboyantly but to no ends. Or did you?

I know what torpid means. so I would hardly use turgid if I meant torpid. unless it were a typo. but that's not the one I meant.

I also know what turgid means, hence the suggestion it was interchangeable with with tumescent and means swollen.

pretentious/overblown would be a secondary meaning, but it's not what I meant (although overblown shite would fit very nicely, so without context you shouldn't assume). I just meant a big old turd. I will accept that technically a turd does not swell (although you could swell with turd... and by you, I mean one). on the other hand, it can't sleep either. so a torpid poo could also be questioned. or rather one might be questioned regarding the use of the term "torpid poo". clearly there would no point in questioning a torpid poo as it would be too tired to give a clear response.

I just meant an arseful. I wish I'd said that now.

Unread 12-09-2009, 02:07 PM
jem

Default incidentally

it won't be sleep-inducing. palacios will kick seven shades out whoever is in midfield. it will still be lacking in quality, though.

Unread 12-09-2009, 02:10 PM
jem

Quote:
:thatissowrongthereissmokecomingoutofmyears: I need to google for a minute.

Unread 12-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Gizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
When we lost at Burnley the other week Merson 'cheered' when the FT whistle went
He's an ABU cliche' of the highest order.

I know I like a moan, but £#%&!ing hell. It's not so bad that we should be casting envious glances at Tottenham.
I would argue that they have ONE player...maybe 2 that would get within a sniff of our starting 11.

If Modric keeps his form going he might be a player & I think Lennon would get a game at the minute while Nani & Valencia still struggle to nail a starting place.

Other than that, no £#%&!er else in a million years.
Palacios wouldn't get a shirt with Fletcher & Hargreaves around & Defoe is a tidy player but is currently going through a flavour of the month arse kissing purple patch.

What i dont get is people keep saying he is the most in form striker in England at the moment, despite the fact he scored 3 of his goals at Hull - Waynes scored as many goals as him and spread them out more making them more important to us...

Unread 12-09-2009, 02:16 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizza
What i dont get is people keep saying he is the most in form striker in England at the moment, despite the fact he scored 3 of his goals at Hull - Waynes scored as many goals as him and spread them out more making them more important to us...
if defoe ever plays the kind of pass that rooney put through to heskey, I'll eat my own feet.

although I shall deny ever saying this.

there is no doubting that defoe doesn't £#%&! around when he gets a chance to shoot, though.

Unread 12-09-2009, 02:18 PM
magic_cantona

We'll win.

Talking to someone t'other day and he said that there's no real reason that Spurs can't win the title.There's a perfectly good reason imo, they're Spurs.
Closed Thread