United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-02-2008, 09:52 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
never seen rio ferdinand play like that before. he was not commanding authority also yesterday like he has done all season.

giggs and ronaldo were non entities.
Yup, as bad as I've ever seen Rio play.

Unread 11-02-2008, 09:53 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Yup, as bad as I've ever seen Rio play.
yep ..

Unread 11-02-2008, 09:55 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
yep ..
and of course you extrapolate that to mean he's shit, ignoring his performances over the season?

Unread 11-02-2008, 09:57 AM
puressence

Quote:
and of course you extrapolate that to mean he's shit, ignoring his performances over the season?
check my other post on the matter

Unread 11-02-2008, 09:59 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
check my other post on the matter
That he isn't world class? Ronnie has been absolute gash for the last 2 games, is he not world class either?

Unread 11-02-2008, 10:01 AM
puressence

Quote:
That he isn't world class? Ronnie has been absolute gash for the last 2 games, is he not world class either?
we have one world class player one £#%&!ing brilliant player and some great players

Unread 11-02-2008, 10:04 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
we have one world class player one £#%&!ing brilliant player and some great players
Rio is world class. He played poorly yesterday. He was brilliant at Anfield and has been excellent all season.

Unread 11-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I can't be arsed moaning about the players/performance tbh. They didn't give a shit about yesterday, I'm certainly not going to waste my time on them. Not worth a shit atm.

The season could well be over within a week or two. I do not see Arsenal dropping points, Lyon will be tough and I'm expecting Utd to get knocked out of the FA Cup on Saturday. That's not doom for doom sake but we look shattered. Stick Pique and Simpson in next weekend, Wellbeck on the bench. Give them mins. They look like they're going to be needed.

How much money did Fergie waste last Summer? Some of it could be better spent elsewhere. He's only got himself to blame re a striker, money was put up (be it from sales or whatever) and with the exception of Tevez and Anderson I can't say the other two have really stood out. They need time I guess, one needs to improve his fitness. We'll see how they do come the end of next season.

After watching yesterdays shift anything they get from this season is a bonus. Winter was babbling on about Utd doing a league and European Cup double. What a load of utter %@#$&!s.
Unfortunately I agree with all of that, i'm not confident in this team at all.

Unread 11-02-2008, 10:34 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
I see Carlos is blaming the international freindlies - no mention of a pointless trip to Saudi the other week.
Yep, quite unbelievable really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Unfortunately I agree with all of that, i'm not confident in this team at all.
We still have the best players. Five points (if it does go to that) is not an ideal situation with 12 games left but we just have to hope that the team can go on a run now. You don't want to peak too early and I still think our squad is better equipped to cope with the run-in than Arsenal's, regardless of our striker problems. Hopefully this derby defeat can serve as a wake-up call in the same way as the one in 2002/03 at Maine Road and we can build some momentum in the next few weeks ahead of the last couple of months of the season.

Unread 11-02-2008, 10:53 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
As usual, the truth is somewhere in between.

nft.

Unread 11-02-2008, 10:53 AM
S/Side.Red

We've got the perfect match next weekend, anyway.

Knocking those £#%&!ers out of the cup would be a great way to get back on-track.

Unread 11-02-2008, 10:54 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Knocking those £#%&!ers out of the cup would be a great way to get back on-track.
if fergie drops scholes we'll have a chance. nft.

Unread 11-02-2008, 12:05 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Yep but I'd rather it was the other way round. Us protecting a likely 5 point lead (they'll win tonight) and them having to beat us to try and make us rock/have a chance of more silverware.

Unread 11-02-2008, 12:12 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Yep but I'd rather it was the other way round. Us protecting a likely 5 point lead (they'll win tonight) and them having to beat us to try and make us rock/have a chance of more silverware.
Err, no shit Sherlock.

Unread 11-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Stickman

Quote:
rio ... world class my arse
Everyone has off days pure.

Dont be ridiculous.

Unread 11-02-2008, 12:28 PM
magic_cantona

Quote: