United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-02-2022, 05:46 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
To be a member of a squad. Not necessarily first choice but can do a job and gives everything. Can fill in as part of a back 3.
Not for me. Bang average most of the time.

Unread 13-02-2022, 05:49 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
To be a member of a squad. Not necessarily first choice but can do a job and gives everything. Can fill in as part of a back 3.
He’s no more than a squad player.

Makes a tackle or two and will go missing for most of the game. We have the most expensive squad/wage bill and the fact that he’s a starter puts it into perspective of how £#%&!ed we are.

He has the right attitude though.

Unread 13-02-2022, 06:47 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
He’s no more than a squad player.

Makes a tackle or two and will go missing for most of the game. We have the most expensive squad/wage bill and the fact that he’s a starter puts it into perspective of how £#%&!ed we are.

He has the right attitude though.
Yes he's a squad player. Can probably improve but he knows the Premiership and if we are £#%&!ing off half the squad we need to keep a few players who are ok.

Unread 13-02-2022, 08:09 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Not convinced by Rashford being good enough at all. At least twice yesterday, they had a counter chance because he chose another brain dead option, such as when he shot despite being off balance. And that cross
He looks shot as a footballer, it's not even regression, more like he just isn't that interested in at least trying to be a good footballer anymore.

When he was younger he'd always looked like he wants to impress, even if his end product was hit and miss. Now it just looks like a 90 minute game of football one or twice a week is a massive inconvenience to him.

The shocking thing about this squad is just how many players we have that seem to need some miracle worker to coax out half decent performances from them. Even if things aren't going their way on the day, having some personal pride and passion in what you do and how you're perceived should be enough to see them through most games.

Instead we have a squad full of selfish mard arses that complain and down tools at the first thought of having to work hard and dig deep for their team.

I know that the culture of the club is primarily to blame, we've gone though so many times how players are being rewarded monster contracts with £#%&! all expectations, and how they generally get a free pass with someone else taking the fall when things go bad. But how the £#%&! have we ended up with a squad of the #@&%!s

Unread 13-02-2022, 08:17 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
He looks shot as a footballer, it's not even regression, more like he just isn't that interested in at least trying to be a good footballer anymore.

When he was younger he'd always looked like he wants to impress, even if his end product was hit and miss. Now it just looks like a 90 minute game of football one or twice a week is a massive inconvenience to him.

The shocking thing about this squad is just how many players we have that seem to need some miracle worker to coax out half decent performances from them. Even if things aren't going their way on the day, having some personal pride and passion in what you do and how you're perceived should be enough to see them through most games.

Instead we have a squad full of selfish mard arses that complain and down tools at the first thought of having to work hard and dig deep for their team.

I know that the culture of the club is primarily to blame, we've gone though so many times how players are being rewarded monster contracts with £#%&! all expectations, and how they generally get a free pass with someone else taking the fall when things go bad. But how the £#%&! have we ended up with a squad of the #@&%!s
He looked so promising under Van Gaal and Mourinho but after years of having a manager massage his over inflated ego this version of Rashford is what we’re left with.

Massive shame because he had the potential to become a great.

Unread 13-02-2022, 08:19 PM
20LEgend1999

The worrying thing is that despite being one of the more heavily criticised players, Rashford is still the third most productive player in the squad this season, despite not playing for the first two months.

Outside of him, Ronaldo and Bruno, nobody in the squad has more than two league goals.

Unread 13-02-2022, 08:32 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

Because there's no fear of failure basically. The players are never held accountable and the executive structure above at the club is constantly undermining the manager. So the power lies entirely with the players. The manager can't say to them "if you don't £#%&!ing pull it around, you're gone" because the manager doesn't have the power to do that at the club any more. We can't get rid of even the worst performing players.

All that breeds an environment of total complacency and relative comfort for players to half-arse it. Which is exactly what they've done. Ole tried at the start to come in and instil some standards into them but eventually even he was a beaten man. The same with Mourinho. As soon as he started singing a tune the players didn't like, down went the tools and out the door he went. As a result you see what you have now, the total breakdown of standards within the club as a whole.

The power dynamic at the club is £#%&!ed. The players completely rule the roost. They put in graft when they feel like it, which isn't very often. They're like a bunch of highly strung show ponies who have to be coaxed and cajoled in just the right way or they're just not £#%&!ing interested. And when they're not interested they go and moan to whoever will listen and it ends up in the media.

I mean just look at them when they're on the pitch, all of them to a man look utterly £#%&!ing pissed off all the £#%&!ing time. Not one of them look like they enjoy playing football with each other. It's the most dysfunctional team in the league, no question.

You're not going to solve any of these issues while the structure above the dressing room remains so inept and negligent. While they constantly side with the players over the manager. At City and Liverpool the biggest personalities are the managers and the whole club knows it. They are in charge and make no mistake. Our biggest personalities are all the players, they are in charge and they know it.

Unread 13-02-2022, 08:47 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Because there's no fear of failure basically. The players are never held accountable and the executive structure above at the club is constantly undermining the manager. So the power lies entirely with the players. The manager can't say to them "if you don't £#%&!ing pull it around, you're gone" because the manager doesn't have the power to do that at the club any more. We can't get rid of even the worst performing players.

All that breeds an environment of total complacency and relative comfort for players to half-arse it. Which is exactly what they've done. Ole tried at the start to come in and instil some standards into them but eventually even he was a beaten man. The same with Mourinho. As soon as he started singing a tune the players didn't like, down went the tools and out the door he went. As a result you see what you have now, the total breakdown of standards within the club as a whole.

The power dynamic at the club is £#%&!ed. The players completely rule the roost. They put in graft when they feel like it, which isn't very often. They're like a bunch of highly strung show ponies who have to be coaxed and cajoled in just the right way or they're just not £#%&!ing interested. And when they're not interested they go and moan to whoever will listen and it ends up in the media.

I mean just look at them when they're on the pitch, all of them to a man look utterly £#%&!ing pissed off all the £#%&!ing time. Not one of them look like they enjoy playing football with each other. It's the most dysfunctional team in the league, no question.

You're not going to solve any of these issues while the structure above the dressing room remains so inept and negligent. While they constantly side with the players over the manager. At City and Liverpool the biggest personalities are the managers and the whole club knows it. They are in charge and make no mistake. Our biggest personalities are all the players, they are in charge and they know it.

Post. 100% true. Just take the lingard situation. Murtough offered him time off . Ralf didn’t know or at the very least didn’t want to offer him
Time off.

Ralf already has lost the power . There’s no going back unless the squad is culled. That won’t happen. I even have a feeling because they won’t want to sign many new players in the summer I can see the likes of pogba and matic getting new deals .

Nothing will change till the owners £#%&! off. Why would the owners ever £#%&! off? Sitting pretty miles away taking in £11 million a year for doing absolute £#%&! all. They literally don’t even have to look at the club. Even the ralf staying after the summer . It’s a consultancy which basically means he actually has no power to approve or do anything and may be occasionally asked from someone at the club in power of what to do. Like £#%&! would they listen

The club is finished, the sooner people get used to it the better.

Unread 13-02-2022, 08:59 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Post. 100% true. Just take the lingard situation. Murtough offered him time off . Ralf didn’t know or at the very least didn’t want to offer him
Time off.

Ralf already has lost the power . There’s no going back unless the squad is culled. That won’t happen. I even have a feeling because they won’t want to sign many new players in the summer I can see the likes of pogba and matic getting new deals .

Nothing will change till the owners **** off. Why would the owners ever **** off? Sitting pretty miles away taking in £11 million a year for doing absolute **** all. They literally don’t even have to look at the club. Even the ralf staying after the summer . It’s a consultancy which basically means he actually has no power to approve or do anything and may be occasionally asked from someone at the club in power of what to do. Like **** would they listen

The club is finished, the sooner people get used to it the better.
I don’t think Ralf has ever been taken seriously by the squad (or at least the bad seeds, aka most of the squad) simply because we brought him in as an interim. A lot has been made about his “consultancy” role but isn’t Woodward doing the exact same thing now? It’s just meaningless guff from the club.

Agreed that for the time being we’re finished. I’m now utterly convinced that we will never win anything with the Glazers at the helm again. I thought we might be able to muscle our way there with sheer financial power and our heritage and status as one of the most successful clubs of all time ensuring we remain an attractive prospect, but they’ve actually managed to kill the appeal altogether. We look like a joke, we buy shit older players from clubs who want to win trophies, we play shit football and we have no midfielders. And Harry Maguire is our captain.

Unread 13-02-2022, 09:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I thought we might be able to muscle our way there with sheer financial power and our heritage and status as one of the most successful clubs of all time ensuring we remain an attractive prospect,
The gloss only lasts for so long i suppose. We've been a mess for getting on 9 years now. There will be a generation of players now in their mid 20s for whom manchester united are just 'that team who used to be good when they were 13 years old'.

Unread 13-02-2022, 09:19 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The gloss only lasts for so long i suppose. We've been a mess for getting on 9 years now. There will be a generation of players now in their mid 20s for whom manchester united are just 'that team who used to be good when they were 13 years old'.
Well there’s people on here who still think we could practically get any manager we wanted. It’s cloud cuckoo stuff.

Our last 4 managers have surely taught us that.

Unread 13-02-2022, 11:41 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Well there’s people on here who still think we could practically get any manager we wanted. It’s cloud cuckoo stuff.

Our last 4 managers have surely taught us that.
We can get any manager we want. The main problem is that a manager's asset value is far less than a player's asset value to the parasitic ball bags who run the club. They'll have had many more sleepless nights over the tens of millions Greenwood has wiped off his value than that of our three most recent shit the bed level matches.

Hence why managers are disposable to them. They'd rather give a manager £15m to piss off than lose balance sheet assets worth so much more (no matter how shit they appear to be to us fans). The tail continues to firmly wag the dog.

Unread 13-02-2022, 11:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
We can get any manager we want. The main problem is that a manager's asset value is far less than a player's asset value to the parasitic ball bags who run the club. They'll have had many more sleepless nights over the tens of millions Greenwood has wiped off his value than that of our three most recent shit the bed level matches.

Hence why managers are disposable to them. They'd rather give a manager £15m to piss off than lose balance sheet assets worth so much more (no matter how shit they appear to be to us fans). The tail continues to firmly wag the dog.
Exactly. Well said.

Unread 13-02-2022, 11:53 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
I don’t think Ralf has ever been taken seriously by the squad (or at least the bad seeds, aka most of the squad) simply because we brought him in as an interim. A lot has been made about his “consultancy” role but isn’t Woodward doing the exact same thing now? It’s just meaningless guff from the club.

Agreed that for the time being we’re finished. I’m now utterly convinced that we will never win anything with the Glazers at the helm again. I thought we might be able to muscle our way there with sheer financial power and our heritage and status as one of the most successful clubs of all time ensuring we remain an attractive prospect, but they’ve actually managed to kill the appeal altogether. We look like a joke, we buy shit older players from clubs who want to win trophies, we play shit football and we have no midfielders. And Harry Maguire is our captain.
Will they (the squad cancers) treat Poch or Ten Hag any better if they decide that their training sessions are too much like hard work?

Unread 14-02-2022, 12:17 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Will they (the squad cancers) treat Poch or Ten Hag any better if they decide that their training sessions are too much like hard work?
You'd like to think that the new chief exec would throw his full weight behind his man and let the players know, unequivocally, that if they don't want to put in the graft to play for the manager then a swift exit can be arranged.

Otherwise we'll be back in the same situation in 18 months.

Unread 14-02-2022, 12:45 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

We can’t. All the last 4 managers have been cheap or past it options.

Don’t disagree about the asset value of players v managers. This has been the case for decades pal. If not forever.

Unread 14-02-2022, 01:44 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

Look at it financially. Glazers get top 4 they get their sponsors and millions. The difference in prize money between 1-4 isn’t a lot. Why spend roughly 60-80 million a season or regularly enough to build a squad to earn 10-20 mill more?

I’ve personally made my bed. I will always support them , watch every game and want them to win. Only now when we lose or draw I don’t care . Because I know that’s what we are now. The board and owners don’t care and neither do the players. It’s hard to get invested and behind a team that isn’t even invested in by themselves

Unread 14-02-2022, 01:54 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Look at it financially. Glazers get top 4 they get their sponsors and millions. The difference in prize money between 1-4 isn’t a lot. Why spend roughly 60-80 million a season or regularly enough to build a squad to earn 10-20 mill more?

I’ve personally made my bed. I will always support them , watch every game and want them to win. Only now when we lose or draw I don’t care . Because I know that’s what we are now. The board and owners don’t care and neither do the players. It’s hard to get invested and behind a team that isn’t even invested in by themselves
i don't even think it is much as that. I seem to remember reading that last seasons prize money was about £5 mill different from 1st to 4th.

Unread 14-02-2022, 01:55 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
i don't even think it is much as that. I seem to remember reading that last seasons prize money was about £5 mill different from 1st to 4th.
No way , didn’t even realise it was that low. Even more so for the owners to not give a shit .

Unread 14-02-2022, 02:00 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
No way , didn’t even realise it was that low. Even more so for the owners to not give a shit .
A quick Google shows this. No idea as to the accuracy but if it's true, £400,000 difference from 1st to 2nd.

https://interestingfootball.com/prem...osition-table/
Closed Thread