United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 04-04-2016, 04:34 PM
Tumescent Throb

generally speaking he's decent on the ball and confident with it too, both important in a possession game. doubt he'd ever stay fit long enough to hold a place down but happy to have a player like that as cover. also gives van gaal good options when we need to switch between systems.

Unread 04-04-2016, 04:44 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
1st united double over everton since 07/08
Nice little stat, and overdue given how we used to beat them almost as regularly as clockwork - or even Aston Villa

Unread 04-04-2016, 05:05 PM
Tumescent Throb

the stat reflects everton's improvement.

Unread 04-04-2016, 05:09 PM
red in cumbria

Up to a point, m'lud.

Unread 04-04-2016, 05:30 PM
jem

Quote:
also gives van gaal good options when we need to switch between systems.

old festus is amused by this post.

Unread 04-04-2016, 05:33 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Up to a point, m'lud.
yep, up to the point that it does.

glad to see van gaal slowly but surely reinstating our authority on the fixture etc

Unread 04-04-2016, 06:30 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Even last season without those problems I was not convinced. He benefited from the honeymoon period that all new signings get(see the overreaction to Darmian in his first few games) but I doubt we would have even looked at him if he was a natural right footer.

It might be a PL issue, in this league, for his style he looks suited to neither of his main positions, an undersized CB and a sluggish full back.

Jones when fit is significantly better, well at CB at least.
Fair enough.

I reckon he settled quite well last season and performed when fit. Generally I think he's frustrated more due to his fitness than anything. I thought he was excellent in the derby at Old Trafford. For me he's suited to the league and the way we want to play, albeit his distribution can be very rash, especially given that he is technically decent and always shows for the ball unlike Smalling or Darmian.

Not a superstar, but better than recent showings. Linked with Barca recently; that adaptability Throb mentions no doubt a factor.

Unread 04-04-2016, 09:17 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Fair enough.

I reckon he settled quite well last season and performed when fit. Generally I think he's frustrated more due to his fitness than anything. I thought he was excellent in the derby at Old Trafford. For me he's suited to the league and the way we want to play, albeit his distribution can be very rash, especially given that he is technically decent and always shows for the ball unlike Smalling or Darmian.

Not a superstar, but better than recent showings. Linked with Barca recently; that adaptability Throb mentions no doubt a factor.
If he's that concerned about fitness, maybe not smoking 20 benson outside of nightclubs might be a good place to start.

Unread 04-04-2016, 10:53 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
yep, up to the point that it does.

glad to see van gaal slowly but surely reinstating our authority on the fixture etc
I actually like it when LvG does well. Just saying

Unread 04-04-2016, 11:07 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I actually like it when LvG does well. Just saying
why wouldn't you etc

Unread 05-04-2016, 04:08 PM
red in cumbria

There are people on here who don't, as you know very well.

And your using loads of smilies doesn't bother me, pal

Unread 05-04-2016, 07:59 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Fair enough.

A really dull stat but the only players at Utd with a lower pass completion % than Rojo this season are De Gea and Romero. 71.1%, I do not mind that from an attacking midfielder/winger who should be taking on difficult passes but it is very poor from a defender.

Unread 05-04-2016, 08:14 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
A really dull stat but the only players at Utd with a lower pass completion % than Rojo this season are De Gea and Romero. 71.1%, I do not mind that from an attacking midfielder/winger who should be taking on difficult passes but it is very poor from a defender.
tells us nothing about the types of pass attempted though compared to his fellow defenders. only blind is better on the ball amongst our defenders imv.

Unread 05-04-2016, 08:24 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
tells us nothing about the types of pass attempted though compared to his fellow defenders. only blind is better on the ball amongst our defenders imv.
His touch is good, and he is very calm on the ball, but his execution and choice of pass has been erratic. If he kept it relatively simple and just moved it quickly and efficiently he would be a better player but he seems to want to be a Frank De Boer/Koeman type but he lacks their passing range.

Unread 05-04-2016, 08:26 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
His touch is good, and he is very calm on the ball, but his execution and choice of pass has been erratic. If he kept it relatively simple and just moved it quickly and efficiently he would be a better player but he seems to want to be a Frank De Boer/Koeman type but he lacks their passing range.
agreed yeah, he's flattered to deceive. just dissing your stats tbh

Unread 06-04-2016, 01:33 PM
mightyhugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
If he's that concerned about fitness, maybe not smoking 20 benson outside of nightclubs might be a good place to start.
LOL! This started my day.
Closed Thread