United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 28-12-2013, 06:26 PM
fix up look SHARPE

how £#%&!ing shit is evra btw?

would snap your hand off for baines now.

Unread 28-12-2013, 06:26 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
winning away from home for the second time in 3 days is deflating

ycnmiu
No, what you can't make up is a person who cannot differentiate between a win and the quality of a performance that could easily have seen us drop points.

As a person who likes to present themselves as intelligent, why do you say such stupid £#%&!ing things?

Unread 28-12-2013, 06:27 PM
TheKitchenSink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Important 3 points. Yes it was crap, but you'll struggle to find many teams playing well and winning over Christmas.
absolutely. it's a ridiculous schedule, but saying that no matter what time of year all that matters is winning. palace by all accounts played bloody well today but went home with 0 points so it means £#%&! all.

Unread 28-12-2013, 06:28 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
In fact, it was reminiscent of Ferguson's football in recent years.
True.
I guess it is the same set of players & everything but you'd expect Fergie to go a bit stale after all those years. Moyes should have freshened things up & have got us playing some good stuff, but it's all about 'grinding it out'

It's hardly thrill a minute stuff but I suppose at least we're back in amongst the pack. If we can get Rooney & Van Persie fit & keep them that way then we'll certainly get Champions League Football - but it still isn't good enough imo

wiganste

Back in the title race. Another 3 points.

Roll on January

woody78

Great result considering the team we had out .
Get rooney , rvp , jones and rafael fit and buy a left back and a midfielder .
Top 4 nailed on

Unread 28-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Tiberian

Welbeck starting to score lessens the need to rush Van Persie back. 7 for the season now for Welbeck and he and Rooney have a working partnership.

4 games that Moyes had to win(Villa, West Ham, Stoke and Norwich) but it has not been a set of performances that has fully convinced.

I would have liked Fabio ahead of Smalling at RB today, unlikely with how few games he has played but Utd do miss that attacking full back when Smalling is pushed wide. It is not going to happen for Kagawa at Utd is it? Very talented but he does not fit with the system that Moyes wants to play or the group of players at the club.

Unread 28-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Blagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
True.
I guess it is the same set of players & everything but you'd expect Fergie to go a bit stale after all those years. Moyes should have freshened things up & have got us playing some good stuff, but it's all about 'grinding it out'

It's hardly thrill a minute stuff but I suppose at least we're back in amongst the pack. If we can get Rooney & Van Persie fit & keep them that way then we'll certainly get Champions League Football - but it still isn't good enough imo
Yep. United should not continue to play so poorly, it's completely unacceptable. Still, we're keeping in the race. The only way I can see us challenging for the title is if we manage to take 3 points from big teams. It's not obvious that we're anywhere near being in a position to do that.

Unread 28-12-2013, 06:33 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Welbeck starting to score lessens the need to rush Van Persie back. 7 for the season now for Welbeck and he and Rooney have a working partnership.

4 games that Moyes had to win(Villa, West Ham, Stoke and Norwich) but it has not been a set of performances that has fully convinced.

I would have liked Fabio ahead of Smalling at RB today, unlikely with how few games he has played but Utd do miss that attacking full back when Smalling is pushed wide. It is not going to happen for Kagawa at Utd is it? Very talented but he does not fit with the system that Moyes wants to play or the group of players at the club.
Apparently he only misplaced one pass today. But yeah, it doesn't look like it's going to work. Although few players are really in form.

Unread 28-12-2013, 06:34 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

yup - all that and regards Kaggers: we might as well use him as a trade-in for a decent Bundesliga mf

Unread 28-12-2013, 06:36 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
No, what you can't make up is a person who cannot differentiate between a win and the quality of a performance that could easily have seen us drop points.

As a person who likes to present themselves as intelligent, why do you say such stupid £#%&!ing things?
no matter how deflated you are () the shitstream still flows, i see

Unread 28-12-2013, 06:49 PM
Denis Irwell

Young was one of our better players - just saying

Unread 28-12-2013, 06:56 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Apparently he only misplaced one pass today. But yeah, it doesn't look like it's going to work. Although few players are really in form.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
yup - all that and regards Kaggers: we might as well use him as a trade-in for a decent Bundesliga mf
At Dortmund the most impressive part of his game was the tempo he played at, everything was 1 or 2 touches, very direct, players running off him from deep, he was a major threat in that style of play.

He was tidy today, but really posed little threat. Van Persie is the story of his time at Utd, as soon as Van Persie was signed the opportunities for Kagawa to play that role off a main striker were always going to be limited. He has to do more in his limited time though, we can make excuses but an 18yo kid has come in this season and made an impact and Januzaj is another player who is possibly best suited to a central attacking role.

Unread 28-12-2013, 06:57 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I'm saying nothing

Fair play to him today, though.
Best you don't tbh.

Cracking result, which is all that matters.

Unread 28-12-2013, 06:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Young was one of our better players - just saying
The least we can expect from a Manchester United player is that they aren't total shite all game every game, tbf

Unread 28-12-2013, 07:28 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
The least we can expect from a Manchester United player is that they aren't total shite all game every game, tbf

Thought he was shit. What changes did he create?

Loads of over hit crosses though, he's shite & not good enough but Januzaj needed a rest so

Unread 28-12-2013, 07:29 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
Except he £#%&!ed it up with that extraneous f.
'Have' replaced 'of', leaving the extra 'f' from 'off'. It was genius. Let's move on.

Unread 28-12-2013, 07:31 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKitchenSink
him and every other ref in the league. are there any decent ones left?
I don't think Dowd is particularly a bad referee tbh. He had a bad game today and I think he'll accept it in hindsight well. Another referee I like is Clattenburg. That's about it.

Quote:
As shown at Wastelands today. But in both cases, the win's the thing!
I like calling it the emptyhad

Unread 28-12-2013, 07:34 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
'Have' replaced 'of', leaving the extra 'f' from 'off'. It was genius. Let's move on.
Far too clever for me pol, have some rep.

Unread 28-12-2013, 07:36 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Thought he was shit. What changes did he create?

Loads of over hit crosses though, he's shite & not good enough but Januzaj needed a rest so
Isn't he also on four bookings?

(and aren't they "reset" in the new year?)