United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-08-2023, 07:27 PM
dunk

Just not fit and sharp enough. Decent for half an hour, didn’t get the penalty or take our chances. Faded up to half time. Came out second half and never got going. Disgraceful fitness levels.

Unread 19-08-2023, 07:28 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Sleep walking into the season again.

Two first team players signed (danish lad is an unknown and injured obviously) on the back on a globe trekking money making tour.

We’ll drop more point before deadline day and the club with panic and splash money on a few new additions.
And the cycle of our shit recruitment continues. Big ask for Hojlund. I’m not expecting him to come in at score 20 goals . If he is out or injured we have zero, absolutely nothing in attack.

Why on earth have the spent 55 million on mason mount a sort of light weight number 8 when we need a CM.

There’s no point having a luxury number 8 if we don’t have the ball or £#%&!ign midfield to control the game.
What’s really scary is Casmiro looks like he’s a yard off it. We practically in the first two games have played without a CM

Unread 19-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Ethers

Gutting result. Very very poor performance for 60 minutes.

Hopefully we’re still able to bring in a player or two, and Erik can see what needs fixing.

Definitely valid concerns to be had after the first two games of the season. Given what happened last year though, you’d be very very silly to write us off this early. Strange to see so many people so eager to do so.

Unread 19-08-2023, 07:29 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins

Casemiro seems to have lost half a yard of everything so it’s glaringly obvious we need a CM. Why sign mount and spend 55 million of your tight budget on a player you don’t need.

Scary thing is if hojlund is injured we don’t have a CF at the club. Even if things do click we are woeful in attack. Midfield is none existent .

I think apologies are needed in my direction!

I sang like a choir about this!!

Unread 19-08-2023, 07:30 PM
believe

You can make all the excuses you want but that was pretty shocking. Absolute shite from back to front.

jem

there's really no excuse for losing this game. spurs haven't been good. we've had chances. and we've seen plenty of the ball. we just don't know what we're doing. there's no point in the game where we haven't been wide open or where we've looked in control.

it's not one of those days. it's predictable us.

andyroo

Really really discouraging stuff that. We are our own worst enemies in so many ways.

red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
We’d have won this with Maguire and Greenwood
I mean, not sure if serious?

armchair

That's what you get when you let a less talented team outwork you.

united_1878

depressing.

My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Gutting result. Very very poor performance for 60 minutes.

Hopefully we’re still able to bring in a player or two, and Erik can see what needs fixing.

Definitely valid concerns to be had after the first two games of the season. Given what happened last year though, you’d be very very silly to write us off this early. Strange to see so many people so eager to do so.
My opinion has zero effect on the team. I’m not mincing around the ground slagging off Mount.

It’s just a realistic take on where we are.

Unread 19-08-2023, 07:31 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Just not fit and sharp enough. Decent for half an hour, didn’t get the penalty or take our chances. Faded up to half time. Came out second half and never got going. Disgraceful fitness levels.
9 pre season games all just seemingly a waste of time.

ETH seems to put a big emphasis on players being up to match sharpness. Giving them time, but it doesn’t show.

Hojlund might as well be chucked straight in next week because he can’t look any more off it than this.

Doesn’t take them long to kill off any preseason enthusiasm, does it?

Danoli

Depressing….we’ve taken a few steps back

Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I’d give them that against wolves, but we weren’t out run today. Can’t make excuses . We were Shit. Manager got it wrong , players didn’t perform.

This is a shit spurs. It’s embarrassing because we lost in the same manor and with weaknesses from the first game.lack of midfield and the front 4 (5 if you want to count mount )doing £#%&! all.

It’s early days, and things can change and hopefully they will. But without a CM they won’t. Too easily over run.

Now the whole world will know we are desperate for a CM.

First half was decent, they actually improved on wolves , second half was pathetic .

My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I mean, not sure if serious?
Yes.

3 at the back.

Coracao

Probably worst Spurs team I've seen in about 15 years.

Made them look good. Worrying performance and managerial decisions.

Unread 19-08-2023, 07:32 PM
The taste of...

Another £#%&!ing lap of honour

Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
That's what you get when you let a less talented team outwork you.
Alarmingly true.

Wolves was the same. We’ve looked like weak children in both and should have lost both.

Brighton, a very competent team, swept Wolves aside today.

We need at least one more in before the window close. At least. We can’t into this season with that midfield and that forward line. It’s not fair or reasonable to expect a 19 year old striker to shoulder this.

red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
9 pre season games all just seemingly a waste of time
Not in terms of making money, which is all our bastard owners care about.

As long as they are here, there will be a shadow over the club.

Sparky***

Everyone is so busy blaming the players who don’t play any more, the ones who continually fold away from home are getting away with it.
Closed Thread