United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 28-02-2021, 07:40 PM
Dr Stranger

Hasselbaink is full of shit.

11 men behind the ball. No there wasn’t.

United always attacked loads at Stamford bridge.

Did we? Most of my memories of going down there are losing and Barely ever scoring. Like Fergie never made us more resolute in bigger games. Many players have said he would set up differently, for example.

Unread 28-02-2021, 07:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Jesus. I never imagined I’d ever miss Nani.
For real.

remember when we'd complain about Park or Fletcher?

christ they'd walk into this side in their sleep.

jem

tuchel thinks it was a high quality game.

we could have done with macgyver. :0)

Tronics

Lindelof and Maguire played well, actually i thought the whole defence was solid as £#%&!, hardly gave Chelsea a sniff

Fred played well too, passing, tackling and the odd shot was much better from him. The Scottish Player was terrible, but no surprise really, he’s got the right mentality to succeed at this club (similar to Dan James) but doesn’t have the quality to justify starting for us week in week out, he might be the worse passer of the ball in our midfield, which says a lot considering how inconsistent Fred’s passing is.

Rashford anonymous, Greenwood did well i thought in patches unlucky to get subbed ahead of Rashford.

Dan James is our best option on the right because he helps us keep our shape better and his recovery pace gets him out of trouble defensively but on the ball, apart from that one cross in the 2nd half, he’s average. oddly reminds me of Adama Traore in that way, all the pace in the world no end product.

still think if we were better coached and didn’t heavily rely on Bruno and Rashford we could have knicked a victory or two from a couple of these games against the top six.

Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
cavani would have done f*** all. the problem is our lack of creativity. I'll be generous and call The Scottish Player's cross at the end a tired cross. but how anyone can think we missed cavani rather than pogba....

cavani is fine if the ball lands on his head, but he missed a sitter v arsenal.

the stupid f***ing balls we keep playing to midfielders and strikers with their backs to goal..... stupid. we need balls played for players to run onto. The Scottish Player's was the big chance to play that ball, bug our crosses generally were woeful. james got one decent one in, too, but he is shit for a winger.
Can't really take anything you write about Cavani seriously pal, because even when he plays well and scores, you say he played shite.

Having a proper, experienced centre forward leading the line would probably be more of an advantage than a disadvantage.

utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
I think theyve all showed signs of being serious goalthreats but that question has to be put to our manager.
Is any part of a player’s performance or confidence down to them?

Unread 28-02-2021, 07:42 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Did we? Most of my memories of going down there are losing and Barely ever scoring. Like Fergie never made us more resolute in bigger games. Many players have said he would set up differently, for example.
The narrative has been created, the onus was entirely on united to entertain everyone away from home at Chelsea.

Chelsea spent 250m in the summer did £#%&! all 2nd half. Hilarious.

Jack Duckworth

i feel sad about thomas tuchel's hairline.

d_knight

It all rests on the summer transfer window.

Get this right then and only then we can stand a chance.

jem

Quote:
Jesus. I never imagined I’d ever miss Nani.
why? good player.

Unread 28-02-2021, 07:43 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Can't really take anything you write about Cavani seriously pal, because even when he plays well and scores, you say he played shite.

Having a proper, experienced centre forward leading the line would probably be more of an advantage than a disadvantage.
Where the £#%&! is he?

Feels like he’s been out for a month

Need him back ASAP.

Unread 28-02-2021, 07:43 PM
MUFC One Love

Tuchel making a tit of himself. Says Greenwood handballed it.

He knows.

Unread 28-02-2021, 07:44 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Rashford isn't consistent enough, Greenwood isn't ready yet, martial is pointless and Cavani is 100 years old.

So yeah. They aren't bad - but they're not good enough to take us that next step.
when none of us it strikers can play well consistently i would first look at the coaching personally.

i’m sure others disagree but i think if we stuck Halaand into this lineup he would struggle just as much as Martial and co.

no one player is gonna save us.

20LEgend1999

H = Harry Maguire

utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
why? good player.
At least he had some £#%&!ing balls, I’ll give him that much.

MUFC One Love

If the ref has said that to Maguire it's a disgrace.

AK14

Keane-

“As you know I don’t like players that chase down the officials”

Unread 28-02-2021, 07:45 PM
Dr Stranger

Souness again saying it’s not a penalty without saying why.

Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

This. Bloke is a #@&%!.

saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
when none of us it strikers can play well consistently i would first look at the coaching personally.

i’m sure others disagree but i think if we stuck Halaand into this lineup he would struggle just as much as Martial and co.

no one player is gonna save us.
I think the only thing needed is to look at how attackers who left United in the last 18 months are doing at their new clubs.

Quote:
Is any part of a player’s performance or confidence down to them?
Of course but the system is king. Very hard for the individual to perform if the collective is not working.