United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 17-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Coracao

Default Re: *Official* United v Newcastle Match Thread - Teams, Links and Value

Valencia did most of the work for the 3rd tbf.

He also started the move for the first by winning the ball back.

Unread 17-08-2010, 11:15 AM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
thought pea was a bit dissapointing, offside a couple of times when he shouldnt have been, late on he misread a ball from giggs, looked a bit overawed with the occasion, think he might be best away from home for a while. he does look lightning quick though
Berbatov took away two goal scoring opportunities from him imo, bit annoyed by that.

Unread 17-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
Berbatov took away two goal scoring opportunities from him imo, bit annoyed by that.
Berbs needs to be more selfish tbf. I suspect management have told him such. Wish he'd start hitting the ball earlier in the box, too many touches at time and the chance goes.

Unread 17-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Berbs needs to be more selfish tbf. I suspect management have told him such. Wish he'd start hitting the ball earlier in the box, too many touches at time and the chance goes.
Perhaps you are right. Needs to work on his finishing though as well. Misses too many simple opportunities.

Unread 17-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

Really uplifting performance last night I thought, Berbatov playing superbly, linking up the play and playing with real thrust in his game. It seemed to be a fairly orthodox 4-4-2 in set up, with Rooney as the main frontman, the question is how does Berbatov figure in the team when Utd play a higher calibre of opponent, next week at Fulham will be an interesting selection, tricky side, would expect the 4-3-3 to make an appearance and there is no real place for Berbs in that system.
Not sure Ferguson will £#%&! with the system too much at Fulham tbh. No reason not to use his normal split strikers with Berbatov in the hole more than Rooney. Probably only needs the subtle tweak of moving the starting positions of the wide combinations 10 or 20 yards further back which maybe would be best achieved by a switch in personnel (Park) on Evra's side. If Ferguson fancies playing Nani or Giggs through then that's when - as usual - one of the more orthodox strikers may be sacrificed. Whichever option he chooses, clearly Berbatov and Scholes should probably be in the starting line up because they are currently playing on a different level to everybody else in United's attacking play. then again, there's a week's training to go before the match.

Unread 17-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Oh £#%&! off Fuzz. Using a term like disgrace about a lad on his league debut as a sub and as dunk said he made that goal with his steal of the ball and the lay off.

Try this - Gain some understanding of the game - watch the match - engage brain - make comment. HTH

How can you honestly take that seriously.

Unread 17-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop

How can you honestly take that seriously.
Can't believe you got a bite

Dunno if it's been posted elsewhere in here but a nice write up from ZonalMarking on the game last night. Shits all over Andy @#%&!ing Gray or the MoTD lot of analysis as ever.

Unread 17-08-2010, 12:38 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Not sure Ferguson will £#%&! with the system too much at Fulham tbh. No reason not to use his normal split strikers with Berbatov in the hole more than Rooney. Probably only needs the subtle tweak of moving the starting positions of the wide combinations 10 or 20 yards further back which maybe would be best achieved by a switch in personnel (Park) on Evra's side. If Ferguson fancies playing Nani or Giggs through then that's when - as usual - one of the more orthodox strikers may be sacrificed. Whichever option he chooses, clearly Berbatov and Scholes should probably be in the starting line up because they are currently playing on a different level to everybody else in United's attacking play. then again, there's a week's training to go before the match.
that's about right. fergie usually wants to give as many people as possible minutes at this stage, though, so i'd expect to see carrick and rafael, maybe gibson at some stage as well.

i thought rooney played well second half, finishing was all over the place but his link-up play was very good. looked like he was playing himself back into form/getting the england stain out of his game.

Unread 17-08-2010, 12:46 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i thought rooney played well second half, finishing was all over the place but his link-up play was very good. looked like he was playing himself back into form/getting the england stain out of his game.
Yeah, he seemed to be getting more into his stride as it went on. I was actually disappointed to see him go off so early, though I'm a huge Chicharito fan already (aren't we all?)

Unread 17-08-2010, 01:02 PM
shenwen

good start, albeit against a very bad Newcastle side.

good to see players looking like they were enjoying football again (for this we can thank the world cup)

good performances all around. toni v will have better game. o'shea probably won't. really hope this could be berbs' year.

got to watch it next time I watch a game in company though. "give it to the pea" got a few looks.

Unread 17-08-2010, 03:56 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Dunno if it's been posted elsewhere in here but a nice write up from ZonalMarking on the game last night. Shits all over Andy @#%&!ing Gray or the MoTD lot of analysis as ever.
It swooshed......me. am having a very busy day

Unread 17-08-2010, 04:26 PM
dinger

Thumbs up Re: *Official* United v Newcastle Match Thread - Teams, Links and Value

Quote:

Class site that.

Unread 17-08-2010, 05:51 PM
£#%&! KFC

any links to goals...101 goals not working for me

@#%&!s on SSN haven't showed the goals in the last two hours

Unread 17-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC

Can you not search youtube in Scotland?

First video

Unread 17-08-2010, 05:53 PM
SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC

Yahoo now own the rights to show highlights and goals. Was on their match report.

Unread 17-08-2010, 05:59 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
Yahoo now own the rights to show highlights and goals. Was on their match report.
cheers didn't know that ...on it now

Unread 17-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
That the best you can do?Filmed off someone tv screen.

Unread 17-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
That the best you can do?Filmed off someone tv screen.

i've seen them, im not arsed

Unread 17-08-2010, 09:51 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:

Hmm, only skim read that, and I'm not sure if this has been mentioned so far, but I thought we were quite poor defensively.

Newcastle opened us up a fair amount of times, especially when we gave the ball away cheaply and better teams are more likely to punish us.

Anyone else agree?

Unread 17-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Switching Off

Quote:

tbf Andy Gray does well for the limited time he has to analyse. yes, he bums Gerrard and Lampard, and yes, he's prone to overexaggeration, but his analysis is miles better than anything on the beeb or ITV.