United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 03-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Coracao

Default Re: OFFICIAL: United v CSKA Moscow thread. (Teams, links + doom)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not sure I agree with that. In fact, from the 45th to the 74th minute we did precisely £#%&! all in terms of attacking. Sheer panic and CSKA tiredness got a bit of tempo up and led to an entertaining last 10-15 minutes.

Still, fantastic advert for 4-4-2, the perfect result, 3-3

The whole game was a bit shit, very little good football (aside from Moscow's goals) and little by way of entertainment in the main, until the last 15 minutes.

Unread 03-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish

Sorry, the defence at times was poor in the main due to Fabio's inexperience but apart from that I would hardly call tonight a shit performance. Going forwards - especially second half - was hugely entertaining stuff.

In terms of experience/learning tonight will have done Fabio the world of good.
That's what I thought. People have been complaining about how dull we've been for a while, but any time we have an exciting end to end game they see their arses.

Unread 03-11-2009, 11:27 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Not sure I agree with that. In fact, from the 45th to the 74th minute we did precisely £#%&! all in terms of attacking. Sheer panic and CSKA tiredness got a bit of tempo up and led to an entertaining last 10-15 minutes.

The whole game was a bit shit, very little good football (aside from Moscow's goals) and little by way of entertainment in the main, until the last 15 minutes.
dunk, you're a right miserable @#%&!.

Unread 03-11-2009, 11:28 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
He should probably change his avatar to a big fat arse, as he is constantly seeing it.

Unread 03-11-2009, 11:29 PM
The Watcher

Quote:

Sorry, the defence at times was poor in the main due to Fabio's inexperience but apart from that I would hardly call tonight a shit performance. Going forwards - especially second half - was hugely entertaining stuff.

I thought for large parts, it just wasn't good enough. Owen's finishing was up to the usual poor standards, Nani was £#%&!, Valencia too predictable and we were far too easy to pass through. In the second half when we're supposed to be chasing the game, we let large parts of the match just drift by without much happening.

Evans showed moments of class, Neville looked decent while Macheda and Fabio got a run out, so not all bad.

Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Aye, but he is a right miserable @#%&! who is right.

Whalefish

Quote:

I'll be blunt, I don't really care. Too much unnecessary analysis for me from what was an entertaining game of football, from both sides, and in terms of Utd a side that was miles away from the first XI. A sie that did attack an awful lot during the second half and who deservedly got a point - and it should've and probably would've been all 3 had Fletcher been awared the penalty.

I certainly don't agree with your last statement.

Sparky***

Quote:

I think what we learned tonight (as if we need to at this level ffs) is that CSKA Moscow aren't £#%&!ing Barnsley in the League Cup and should be treated with every bit as much respect as if we were playing Milan or Barcelona.

If we'd have had our 'business heads' on tonight, we'd have £#%&!ing murdered them. As it was we were sloppy defensively and in general up until the last 15-20 mins.

We've qualified now, the objective is achieved so we can play all the youngsters and old farts we want.

Unread 03-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I thought for large parts, it just wasn't good enough. Owen's finishing was up to the usual poor standards, Nani was £#%&!, Valencia too predictable and we were far too easy to pass through. In the second half when we're supposed to be chasing the game, we let large parts of the match just drift by without much happening.

Evans showed moments of class, Neville looked decent while Macheda and Fabio got a run out, so not all bad.
We were too easy to pass through because we played two in the middle and one of the two was Scholes. Both he and Fletcher kept pushing forwards at the same time, Fletcher at times was able to get back Scholes simply doesn't have the lungs for it. First thing I thought when I saw the pairing in midfield was there'd be a good chance it'd be end to end and in the main it was, and all the better for it.

It was good £#%&!ing fun, I'd applaud CSKA too. Nice to have a side come and show some intent, put us under pressure, and have a go. Blackburn and their ilk are £#%&!ing football anathema as far as I'm concerned. The game's supposed to be entertaining and this was - whatever the flaws.

Unread 03-11-2009, 11:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He should probably change his avatar to a big fat arse, as he is constantly seeing it.

You talk some £#%&!ing shite.

I thought it was all a bit shit tonight, it happens. The passing slow and often miss placed (although the pitch seemed very heavy), no tempo from United and devoid of ideas. People talking about it as though it was entertaining are confusing me, it wasn't.

Unread 03-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Coracao

Quote:

You talk some £#%&!ing shite.

You want to have a read through some of the utter drivel you have posted since June of this year, you twerp.

Unread 03-11-2009, 11:35 PM
red in cumbria

So you didn't find it entertaining dunkers, but it just happens a lot of others disagree.

As ever, it's about opinions

koppas

I love seeing dunk see his arse.

magic_cantona

I just thought it was that bad tonight, it was funny.

Still think Nanners gets a rough ride though.Macheda was worse than him, yet Nani comes off and Macheda goes into his place.WTF for?

Unread 03-11-2009, 11:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
You want to have a read through some of the utter drivel you have posted since June of this year, you twerp.
You post it.

You'll £#%&!ing struggle. I was unhappy at the sale of Ronaldo, have been upbeat about the youth and future and got most of our transfer business spot on.

The only place the drivel exists is in your £#%&!ing head. Pleb.

Unread 03-11-2009, 11:38 PM
koppas

Dunk, will King Akin sign for us or does he hate us?

For the record, King Akin loves us.

Unread 03-11-2009, 11:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Dunk, will King Akin sign for us or does he hate us?

For the record, King Akin loves us.
He looked like he fancies it to me.

His kicking is weird, didn't seem to put any effort in but the ball went miles

Unread 03-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Coracao

Quote:
You post it.

You'll £#%&!ing struggle. I was unhappy at the sale of Ronaldo, have been upbeat about the youth and future and got most of our transfer business spot on.

The only place the drivel exists is in your £#%&!ing head. Pleb.
You have been all over it tonight...I don't need to go back very far.

Pretty much writing off Valencia after about 10 games.

Saying any centre back pairing we play at Chelsea is going to get bullied off Drogba.

And you didn't think the game was entertaining, no doubt because we didn't win.

You're the pleb, lad. A reactionary one at that.

Unread 03-11-2009, 11:47 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
We were too easy to pass through because we played two in the middle and one of the two was Scholes. Both he and Fletcher kept pushing forwards at the same time, Fletcher at times was able to get back Scholes simply doesn't have the lungs for it. First thing I thought when I saw the pairing in midfield was there'd be a good chance it'd be end to end and in the main it was, and all the better for it.
My heart sinks whenever I see Scholes starting in a midfield two these days. With the ball he's still a joy to watch, but once we loose it, it's almost like playing with nine outfield players

Unread 03-11-2009, 11:47 PM
Wez

Just got home

A tough game tonight, they came and had a right go at us; which made for an entertaining game. Wasnt a great performance by us, but job done, weve qualified.

I'd like to see Kryton get a run in the team, ahead of you know who; but thats been mentioned on another thread.

As per usual, we never give up

Edit: Fletchers yellow card