United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 01-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Tiberian

Default Re: *Official* West Brom v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Pea, surely??
Scored a goal but bar that did he get a touch right, either misplaced his pass, had a heavy touch or fell over.

Just astonished that Utd won that with such a poor performance, only Rooney had any spark to his play.

Unread 01-01-2011, 03:58 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
Yes really because we have the worst away record out of the top teams. At the moment you would fancy City to take more points from there away games.
Their home record is significantly worse than ours, though. Swings and roundabouts, innit

Unread 01-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
That is possibly the worst Footballing performance I can remember from Utd. Even in games when Utd have been well beaten they will show some quality and level of ability that allows the watcher to understand why that group of players are at an elite club. Bar some nice footwork from Ferdinand and a couple of driving runs by Rooney Utd offered nothing and have to consider themselves incredibly lucky to win that match.

Embarrassing performance. Neville is painful to watch these days, great player reduced to a total carthorse left behind by mediocre players, the entire midfield group played like they had a New Years Eve to remember, and Berbatov was totally isolated up front.

Really disturbing and dispiriting match to watch as a Utd fan. Missing the first 4 wide players did not help but so very little to take from that beyond the result.
I think a lot teams will see games like these and fancy there chances against us in that area.

Unread 01-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
look at the lads celebrate cicharitos goal.

this may be the day we get that £#%&!in late goal monkey off our backs.

please god let things get better from here away from home.
We thought that after Stoke tbf, thank £#%&! for Chicha though. Great to have a player like that and we have two.
Shit performance but 3 points and we had no wingers tbh. When Nani gets back things will perk up AND SCHOLES.

Unread 01-01-2011, 04:07 PM
MUFC One Love

Our midfield....:shakehead:

What has happened to Fletcher?

Oh and Chicharito is absolutely top.

Unread 01-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Yes really because we have the worst away record out of the top teams. At the moment you would fancy City to take more points from there away games.
'Their' away games.

HTH

Unread 01-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
I think a lot teams will see games like these and fancy there chances against us in that area.
Anderson has come back down a level after his great re-entry into the side, struggled a little in these last 2 away games. Utd have badly missed the energy and confidence to try things that Nani brings. I watch Obertan and I see him as something of a coward, quite talented despite what Today might make you think but never backs himself and passes responsibility to the closest player to make things happen.

Fletcher is having a poor season compared to the last 3/4 years, and Carrick and Anderson both tend towards inconsistent. However it is still a midfield group along with Scholes, Park and Giggs as main back up that should be good enough against most sides.

The worry is how poorly Utd have passed the ball away from home this year, how easily they have been forced into going long.

Unread 01-01-2011, 04:11 PM
History

Fergie "rooney was out of this world"

tbf he was a class apart from the rest of the team today

Unread 01-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Coracao

Welbeckers

Unread 01-01-2011, 04:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Welbeckers
Wrong thread

Unread 01-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Father Christmas

Love wins like this. Really saps the morale of our rivals.

Unread 01-01-2011, 04:22 PM
dunk

I am in physical pain after that performance. Well, that and the gallons of alcohol.

I've never known a win feel like a defeat before.

Unread 01-01-2011, 04:22 PM
wee man

Glad that's over. Big 3 points in the circumstances.

Unread 01-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I am in physical pain after that performance. Well, that and the gallons of alcohol.

I've never known a win feel like a defeat before.
I was too hungover to get angry.

Unread 01-01-2011, 04:27 PM
red @rmy

Thought Rooney was ok, no great shakes, not sure why ferie was raving about him today.

Think it was obvious today that Neville needs to hang the boots up.
Thank £#%&! for vida, he's been our best player this season.

I love the little pea, the new Ole imo.

Unread 01-01-2011, 04:27 PM
suedeshoes

Unbeaten and top of the league. We're doomed.

Unread 01-01-2011, 04:37 PM
MJ Ramone

Shit game.
Our midfield are piss poor to say the least - although we are missing Park, Nani & Valencia who all add energy & 'running with the ball' to our attack.

We really lack creativity in central areas though, regardless of the injury situation.

Still, top of the League & undefeated of course...but that says more about the overall quality of the League imo. Our midfield simply isn't up to United standards.

I hate picking on easy targets, but Obertan really is a mystery to me He's really shit isn't he???

Unread 01-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Shit game.
Our midfield are piss poor to say the least - although we are missing Park, Nani & Valencia who all add energy & 'running with the ball' to our attack.

We really lack creativity in central areas though, regardless of the injury situation.

Still, top of the League & undefeated of course...but that says more about the overall quality of the League imo. Our midfield simply isn't up to United standards.

I hate picking on easy targets, but Obertan really is a mystery to me He's really shit isn't he???
He isn't shit, as Tiberian says he's just a @#%&!, won't make it here unless his atitude changes. Also about our midfield we're missing Scholes, Nani and Valencia.

Also Neville :shakehead: knew it would be a diffiicult game when he started.

Unread 01-01-2011, 04:45 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
He isn't shit, as Tiberian says he's just a @#%&!, won't make it here unless his atitude changes
Got to say that even though I agree with much of what Tiberian posts on here, I have to disagree about Obertan.
Yes, he is very weak mentally...but he doesn't have the balance or poise of a (potentially) good Footballer.
His unorthodox dribbling style means he'll beat his man from time to time, but you're never confident when he gets the ball.
Our wide options were wafer thin before Nani & Valencia got injured. They're non-existent now...Which is having a knock on effect to the rest of the side because Rooney's fine form up front (post-Fitness camp in US) has been disturbed by being shunted out wide.

Unread 01-01-2011, 05:14 PM
Darth Vidic

Obertan didn't play well today, but who did?