United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 20-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Zorg

Default Re: Matchnight thread: Doom, doom, anger, doom, little pea, team & links

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
United at the moment are no better than Liverpool
Come on, Liverpool are second from bottom of the table and have lost at home to Northampton Town and Blackpool.

Just read that back again, it's great

MJ Ramone

Default Re: Matchnight thread: Doom, doom, anger, doom, little pea, team & links

Our fullbacks played very well.
Evra motm.
Nani scored a great goal & was positive throughout. I love his courage on the ball..still get's a bit carried away at times (not a criticism before any one starts whining) ...Anderson showed a lot of desire & was positive.

The rest was a bit all over the shop, but it's 3pts.

Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Apart from Liverpool losing most of their games and United not losing any.
and united being top of its CL group and liverpool not even being in the CL at all

Unread 20-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
and united being top of its CL group and liverpool not even being in the CL at all
And us being about 15 places above them in the league

Unread 20-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Sloane

yeh as mentioned, evra getting some form back is very peasing

Unread 20-10-2010, 09:50 PM
MUFC One Love

Anderson and Evra were decent tonight.

Unread 20-10-2010, 09:52 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Come on, Liverpool are second from bottom of the table and have lost at home to Northampton Town and Blackpool.

Just read that back again, it's great
I know where they are in the table, but were seeing players from both teams just going through the motions at the moment.

I see a team who's low on confidence with real issues off the pitch effecting them on the pitch.

Unread 20-10-2010, 09:52 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Anderson and Evra were decent tonight.
All we need is for Carrrick and Park to get some sort of form back, and things might not look *quite* so bad.

Unread 20-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Jethro

Positives - Anderson, Rafael, Evra, Nani

The rest ok, Carrick ok at a push. Dour performance, dour atmosphere. After Sunday I want to erase this week from my skull hole.

Unread 20-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Dour performance.

Anderson is improving game to game, still not back to his best level, but there are good signs from him. Evra in the second half was excellent, really picked it up, much more like the Evra we know.

Nani is our best player at the moment, still frustrates, but he always carries a threat, works hard to get the ball back and is never afraid of taking responsibility. He is a great example to the rest of the squad, last year at this time he was really struggling, but through hard work he has become the key attacking player, productivity in almost every game he plays.

Carrick was very poor, no tempo to his game at all, did his defensive work adequately, but his passing was pedestrian. Fletcher is on a down turn, and it was not really a game for him to excel in.

Macheda at the moment seems to be far more comfortable as an impact sub, has struggled to impose himself in his starts, but it is another game in his development and he can only improve.

Obertan had a decent cameo, would have liked to have seen him on earlier, stronger on the ball than he was at this point last year, and he does give something different in terms of style, certainly offers a lot more attacking wise than Park, hope he gets more game-time over the next few weeks.
This has been the case for over a year now. It's increasingly obvious that he isn't the midfielder to take us forward.

Unread 20-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Zorg

Quote:
I know where they are in the table, but were seeing players from both teams just going through the motions at the moment.

I see a team who's low on confidence with real issues off the pitch effecting them on the pitch.
Yeah but, as bad as Liverpool...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Apart from Liverpool losing most of their games and United not losing any.
Quote:
Liverpool are second from bottom of the table and have lost at home to Northampton Town and Blackpool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
And us being about 15 places above them in the league

Unread 20-10-2010, 09:56 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
Bale was outstanding

The lunge capacity and fitness he has is out of this world!

3 brilliant goals against a top side

Don't know why they were faffing around so much at the end, probs could have knicked somethig at the end if they put the ball in the box

Return leg will be a belter of a game
Just which game were you watching overall?

Unread 20-10-2010, 09:56 PM
Sloane

really like dwight yorke. top red and honest

Unread 20-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

ah so when you said united are no better than liverpool you actually meant that it is fairly easy to dream up same vague similarities. i see.

Unread 20-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Stubbsy

Shite. Sell everyone.

Unread 20-10-2010, 09:59 PM
The Watcher

Terrible game. Atrocious really. Didn't think much of the performance, very lacklustre at times.

Disappointed with Macheda. Think he's got everything to make it at this level, but it just didn't happen for him. Given how shit the opposition were, I was really hoping he could make an impact.

Unread 20-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbsy
Shite. Sell everyone.

Unread 20-10-2010, 10:00 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: Matchnight thread: Doom, doom, anger, doom, little pea, team & links

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
really like dwight yorke. top red and honest
He's a star. Showed up in some decent (by his standards) clobber for once too

Unread 20-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Have you bought a job lot of Gary Oldman gifs?

Unread 20-10-2010, 10:02 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbsy
Sell everyone
Don't worry, the gimps should grant your wish before too long