United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 14-06-2023, 05:21 PM
Finport Red

Great. All we need now is a Time Machine.

Unread 14-06-2023, 05:23 PM
Rorschach

Whoop-de-£#%&!ing-do.

Write me a letter and send it to 18 years ago when it would have mattered.

Unread 14-06-2023, 05:25 PM
Sparky***

yeah we're the £#%&!ing cautionary tale now aren't we

The premier league really are absolutely useless aren't they

Unread 14-06-2023, 05:35 PM
Dr Stranger

But I thought

U sPENd aS MucH AS CitY

Unread 14-06-2023, 05:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Pointless going down that route again, you were wrong, and it’s been proved countless times that Casemiro wasn’t a panic buy.

No, what people said (me included) is that other teams don’t get unpaid transfer fees added to their debt in the newspaper headlines etc, which is completely correct. We’re a special case, as ever.
I wasn’t wrong, they were hanging using hanging on to the bitter end for de Jong as an excuse not to buy anyone and were moving for cheaper alternatives such as Rabiot until panic set it. They talk to countless agents, clubs and players about moves without ever getting the green light from Joel.

They paid £20m too much for Antony for similar reasons.

You don’t want to/have to agree with it, but that’s what happened.

Anyway.. it’s all debt one way or another and is detrimental to the operation of the club.

Unread 14-06-2023, 05:57 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
What? That's all they do. They are incredibly politicised, sometimes to the detriment of their work. Is this case I would say they are chatting shit.

Not getting into the debate again as it's all got pretty toxic, I have a mate who runs the ILO over there (which is non-political) and they said 50 people died in 2020 (most recent data). You have to remember that it's not just dying on site, it's also dying days or weeks after from injuries received on site. Although 50 deaths is already way too many - not sure how it stacks against construction industry in other countries.

The ILOs response to the 6500 claim:

"The (Guardian's) number includes all deaths in the migrant population ... without differentiation between migrant workers and the general migrant population, let alone fatalities that resulted from occupational injuries,"
Hard to do a like for like comparison but the US construction industry has an average of 3% injury (minor or major) rate on medium/large builds and deaths are not uncommon, particularly on stadium builds. There's a lot to unpack (probably not the thread for it) but even deaths not on-site should be factored in to some degree as the suicide rate among construction workers is exponentially higher than any other industry. Causation/correlation will never be settled.

Back on topic to Stickman's point about PR, I think both SJR/AI Sheikh have had a woeful time of it getting any vision across or using the media to apply any pressure. Seems clear to me that Raine/Glazers have been leaking whereas of the two main bidders there's almost nothing on the record or even off the record with any detail making it impossible to tell what sort of owners they would be. In the case of the Qatari lad no footage of him has been produced I'm not sure they've even confirmed his age much less any important details so how are people meant to believe he is anything other than a front?

I don't expect multi-billion pound takeover to happen overnight but in the absence of detail and as things drag on, both short-term and long term optimism drain away.

Unread 14-06-2023, 06:08 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Great. All we need now is a Time Machine.

Put the £#%&!ing white hats and high vis’s away for £#%&!s sake

So if today Manchester United have voted to end leveraged buy outs (lol)

Have they just voted Hedge fund Jimmy out of the bidding?

Unread 14-06-2023, 06:15 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
Put the £#%&!ing white hats and high vis’s away for £#%&!s sake

So if today Manchester United have voted to end leveraged buy outs (lol)

Have they just voted Hedge fund Jimmy out of the bidding?
No, because it’s not a fully leveraged buyout.

Unread 14-06-2023, 06:18 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
No, because it’s not a fully leveraged buyout.
Not fully? Oh, that's sound then.

Unread 14-06-2023, 06:23 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Exactly

The club would have been home and hosed parading signings if not for a
a loser in the Chelsea sale wanting to save face

Unread 14-06-2023, 06:23 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
The Premier League have voted to end fully leveraged buyouts, hence the use of the term.

The INEOS bid is nothing like the Glazers takeover. No debt is being loaded on to the club - the Glazers put everything on to the club. Not hard to understand, even for you.

Unread 14-06-2023, 06:26 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
yeah we're the £#%&!ing cautionary tale now aren't we

The premier league really are absolutely useless aren't they
They allowed the club that built their "brand", to be destroyed by parasites, while the freeloading @#%&!s kept their snouts in the trough. Utter @#%&!s.

Unread 14-06-2023, 06:41 PM
Dr Stranger

Shares have risen by 2.25% again today.

Dropped slightly since that news came out about the Qatari news channel owned by AI Middle Eastern Seth Rogen’s Dad, but they remain higher.

Unread 14-06-2023, 07:28 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
You said you only believed the people who were paid to write about and amnesty wrote that 6000 people had died. Apologies if you think the I’ll informed thing was a dig it wasn’t meant to be. Why would you know (or care for that matter) the inner working of the construction industry in the Middle East

I said 10 because from memory there were 10 what we would report as construction related death. For example one guy had his head between two containers being craned in and it was stuck on a break on the concrete. When it freed itself it took his head off. That was classed as a construction related death.

I just looked at my logs and 180 was people died from the total number who worked with me. 120 of them died in their own country when on vacation but the visa was canceled stating death. That’s why I say the numbers aren’t a barometer.

My only goal is to get one of you, silv or el Homo here for a holiday. I’ll even pay for it myself. My missus leaves on the 10th July, we’ve got a 3 week window.
Pay for me, you bastard, and I'll come (literally)

Is this takeover any nearer? I've been trying to avoid reading about it after falling for some early Twitter wums.

There are no clean hands in acquiring a multi billion pound company. I'm leaning more towards Qatar from what I've very quickly just read.

Unread 14-06-2023, 07:45 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
Exactly

The club would have been home and hosed parading signings if not for a
a loser in the Chelsea sale wanting to save face
Lovely put. Just a shit wum who's trying to Glazer the Glazers.

Time-wasting Chelsea gimp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Shares have risen by 2.25% again today.

Dropped slightly since that news came out about the Qatari news channel owned by AI Middle Eastern Seth Rogen’s Dad, but they remain higher.
It's happening, and I'm sorry Mr cares about random illegal workers over your football club...but there isn't a thing you can do about it !

Unread 14-06-2023, 07:59 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Lovely put. Just a shit wum who's trying to Glazer the Glazers.

Time-wasting Chelsea gimp.

It's happening, and I'm sorry Mr cares about random illegal workers over your football club...but there isn't a thing you can do about it !
Erm, it’s Doctor cares about random illegal workers over your football club.

Unread 14-06-2023, 08:01 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Erm, it’s Doctor cares about random illegal workers over your football club.

Unread 14-06-2023, 08:31 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
You said you only believed the people who were paid to write about and amnesty wrote that 6000 people had died. Apologies if you think the I’ll informed thing was a dig it wasn’t meant to be. Why would you know (or care for that matter) the inner working of the construction industry in the Middle East

I said 10 because from memory there were 10 what we would report as construction related death. For example one guy had his head between two containers being craned in and it was stuck on a break on the concrete. When it freed itself it took his head off. That was classed as a construction related death.

I just looked at my logs and 180 was people died from the total number who worked with me. 120 of them died in their own country when on vacation but the visa was canceled stating death. That’s why I say the numbers aren’t a barometer.

My only goal is to get one of you, silv or el Homo here for a holiday. I’ll even pay for it myself. My missus leaves on the 10th July, we’ve got a 3 week window.
i’ve always slagged Dubai but someone i highly respect with great taste absolutely loves it there. He’s just bought a penthouse next to that hotel Beyoncé opened and it looks stunning.

Unread 14-06-2023, 09:59 PM
Dr Stranger

This should put an end to the rumour that he’s just an AI creation. Talks a lot of sense here.