United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 14-06-2023, 10:57 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Seems so, another one to add to the list. At this point I believe I'm seen as a woke, virtue-signalling, racist moralista.

I might have missed something off, it's difficult to keep up with at this point tbh..
I think the only to fix your reputation will be to denounce your support of Manchester United when they’re owned by a state….

Unread 14-06-2023, 11:48 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

Unread 14-06-2023, 12:04 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

Unread 14-06-2023, 12:11 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I think the only to fix your reputation will be to denounce your support of Manchester United when they’re owned by a state….
No chance. I'm going to hang around like a bad smell waiting for the inevitable, and when it happens then I'm going to be unbearable.

It'll be like Saffers vs Ole multiplied by 6000.

Unread 14-06-2023, 12:13 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
No chance. I'm going to hang around like a bad smell waiting for the inevitable, and when it happens then I'm going to be unbearable.

It'll be like Saffers vs Ole multiplied by 6000.
I can’t wait

Ps I’ll be flouncing when it all goes tits up and Sheik Jassim appoints me as his DoF.

Unread 14-06-2023, 12:14 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I can’t wait

Ps I’ll be flouncing when it all goes tits up and Sheik Jassim appoints me as his DoF.
Should get you on-site for the Stadium upgrade, make sure it's going smoothly

Unread 14-06-2023, 12:22 PM
est.1878

Feel like Ratcliffe has popularity advantage due to big Jim familiarity nickname

propose to rebrand to Sheiky-J

Unread 14-06-2023, 12:25 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Feel like Ratcliffe has popularity advantage due to big Jim familiarity nickname

propose to rebrand to Sheiky-J
The lad from Back to the Future has copyrighted that already.

Unread 14-06-2023, 12:34 PM
Bonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
The lad from Back to the Future has copyrighted that already.
Ffs

Unread 14-06-2023, 12:51 PM
Dr Stranger

Decent attempt to clarify INEOS bid and the chances of it succeeding.

Unread 14-06-2023, 04:07 PM
Big Norm

Apparently we owe 300m in transfer fees.

Unread 14-06-2023, 04:11 PM
BigJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Nah, I don’t think anyone is happy with debt - I think Sapiens saying the market to obtain it is fine.

For me, if Big Jim’s bid doesn’t reduce the club’s debt to a fairly minuscule amount then it can £#%&! off. We can’t simply swap one unsustainable debt for an even bigger debt. Obvs.

I can’t believe BJ’s bid contemplates hammering the club in this way so I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest the 22 year old virgin behind the United Stand knows £#%&! all.
Unless I'm mistaken I believe the club's debt becomes Ineos' debt upon completion of the sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Jimmy G borrowing to pay the Glazers to stay on.
Very few companies merge or acquire these days using a big bag of cash marked swag.

Unread 14-06-2023, 04:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm

https://twitter.com/UtdPlug/status/1...iw-aWq1qg&s=19
Said that last summer and was told it wasn’t real debt

Unread 14-06-2023, 04:26 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim
Very few companies merge or acquire these days using a big bag of cash marked swag.
Literally 50% of the bidders are in a position to do so.

The other 50% are begging and borrowing to try and scrape together enough cash to persuade the Glazer's to stay on.

Unread 14-06-2023, 04:33 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Said that last summer and was told it wasn’t real debt
You said it would stop us spending major money that summer tbf. Which was ever so slightly wrong.

Almost every club owes money on transfer fees, other than the likes of City maybe.

It’s always been known we needed to sell players this summer, but it’s just as much to meet FFP rules than because we already owe money on transfers

Unread 14-06-2023, 04:37 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm

https://twitter.com/UtdPlug/status/1...iw-aWq1qg&s=19
Suppose when people claim the glazers have spent 1 billion when compared to city you can give a rebuttal of …actually it’s 700 million so guardiola has spent 300 million more.

I’m sure the above was common knowledge it was written when the quarterly finances came out

Unread 14-06-2023, 04:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
You said it would stop us spending major money that summer tbf. Which was ever so slightly wrong.

Almost every club owes money on transfer fees, other than the likes of City maybe.

It’s always been known we needed to sell players this summer, but it’s just as much to meet FFP rules than because we already owe money on transfers
No I didn’t, I said that everything we do is on the never-never. I said they weren’t planning to spend big because they’re that stretched, which they weren’t and they are. They sanctioned Casemiro and Antony out of sheer panic as they knew they were planning to sell and needed us to be performing to some degree.

But what I’m referring to is when the debt was published at getting on for a billion when taking into account the unpaid transfers and people declared the transfer money didn’t count.

Unread 14-06-2023, 04:58 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
No I didn’t, I said that everything we do is on the never-never. I said they weren’t planning to spend big because they’re that stretched, which they weren’t and they are. They sanctioned Casemiro and Antony out of sheer panic as they knew they were planning to sell and needed us to be performing to some degree.

But what I’m referring to is when the debt was published at getting on for a billion when taking into account the unpaid transfers and people declared the transfer money didn’t count.
Pointless going down that route again, you were wrong, and it’s been proved countless times that Casemiro wasn’t a panic buy.

No, what people said (me included) is that other teams don’t get unpaid transfer fees added to their debt in the newspaper headlines etc, which is completely correct. We’re a special case, as ever.

Unread 14-06-2023, 05:12 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Pointless going down that route again, you were wrong, and it’s been proved countless times that Casemiro wasn’t a panic buy.

No, what people said (me included) is that other teams don’t get unpaid transfer fees added to their debt in the newspaper headlines etc, which is completely correct. We’re a special case, as ever.
you seem to bloody love united debt mate

Unread 14-06-2023, 05:16 PM
AK14