United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-03-2015, 10:49 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Can you please £#%&! off again?

If you want to see the 'tyler' phenomenon in a nutshell, go back and watch Arsenal 3-2 Manchester United from November 1997. Listen to the utter glee with which Tyler greets arsenal's first 2 goals. Listen to it. Anelka scored a half decent shot which beat Schmeichel at his near post for the first, i thought big Pete should have done better - to listen to Tyler you'd think we'd seen another Diego Maradona vs England 1986 goal. "WHAT. A. GOAL." He shrieks. Really? A basic pot shot from 18 yards out and bad goalkeeping? What a goal?

Then there's the 2nd goal from Vieira. "ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!" He screams whilst presumably pleasuring himself with a rolled up copy of the matchday programme.

Contrast that with the morbid, dour way he treats Sheringham's brace in the same half. Like he's reading out his wife's shopping list.

Listen and tell me if I'm imagining it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvmoe9Y43MQ
United losing may be the bigger story but that is pretty ridiculous.

Still, I remember him being quite enthusiastic about United in the 80s.

'Whiteside... STAPLETON!'

Unread 20-03-2015, 10:55 PM
Shooter McGavin

Quote:

If you want to see the 'tyler' phenomenon in a nutshell, go back and watch Arsenal 3-2 Manchester United from November 1997. Listen to the utter glee with which Tyler greets arsenal's first 2 goals. Listen to it. Anelka scored a half decent shot which beat Schmeichel at his near post for the first, i thought big Pete should have done better - to listen to Tyler you'd think we'd seen another Diego Maradona vs England 1986 goal. "WHAT. A. GOAL." He shrieks. Really? A basic pot shot from 18 yards out and bad goalkeeping? What a goal?

Then there's the 2nd goal from Vieira. "ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!" He screams whilst presumably pleasuring himself with a rolled up copy of the matchday programme.

Contrast that with the morbid, dour way he treats Sheringham's brace in the same half. Like he's reading out his wife's shopping list.

Listen and tell me if I'm imagining it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvmoe9Y43MQ
Countless games sparky. Any goal against us and he's screaming. We score and I feel like the bad guys have scored given his muted commentary. Massive @#%&!

Unread 20-03-2015, 10:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szekely
his reaction to sheringham's second is actually pretty funny. just as good a strike as any of the arsenal goals. A comeback in five minutes. New United signing. ex spurs player....

pauses as the ball hits the net.

"he's got another one"

factual as £#%&!
It's the droning, "and manchester united have produced a most positive reaction to being 2-0 down..." where he almost trails off, such is his disappointment. It's like hearing a child being made to read off a passage from a boring book in English class.

Unread 20-03-2015, 11:06 PM
Szekely

Quote:
It's the droning, "and manchester united have produced a most positive reaction to being 2-0 down..." where he almost trails off, such is his disappointment. It's like hearing a child being made to read off a passage from a boring book in English class.
I'm still pissed off at Schmeichel too.

Unread 21-03-2015, 01:54 AM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
who the £#%&! does this #@&%! think he is

i see switching off's point now; sorry pal, this was my fault.

Unread 21-03-2015, 03:55 AM
Clarkie

Rodgers strikes me as some sort of demented poet...Without the facial hair.

Constantly trying to think of new soundbytes to get attention.....Good coach so far, in fairness, but a £#%&!ing weirdo

Unread 21-03-2015, 09:27 AM
djsst

Quote:
Asked if Sterling understood that Liverpool are the right club for him, Rodgers said: “I believe so from the conversations that we have had. If you take the monthly [club] magazine, you see a picture of Raheem on the front.
£150k per week , £#%&! that just put his picture on the front of the club mag. That'll swing it.

Unread 21-03-2015, 09:31 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst
£150k per week , £#%&! that just put his picture on the front of the club mag. That'll swing it.
Remember when Graeme Tomlinson made the cover of the United mag back in the days when people still bloody bought magazines, never knew he was on so much back then tbh.

Unread 22-03-2015, 06:52 PM
ScarFace

Unread 22-03-2015, 06:57 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Remember when Graeme Tomlinson made the cover of the United mag back in the days when people still bloody bought magazines, never knew he was on so much back then tbh.

i've no idea why this has stayed in my mind for over 20 years, but i remember his most embarrassing moment was that he had to go into hmv and buy his mum a cliff richard calender for christmas.

Unread 22-03-2015, 06:58 PM
ScarFace

Unread 22-03-2015, 07:00 PM
Rhodzy

Creepy @#%&!.

Unread 22-03-2015, 07:00 PM
Kent Brockman

Good to see Eric at the game.

Unread 23-03-2015, 01:30 AM
Clarkie

Unread 23-03-2015, 10:04 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
He locked himself away in his office for the next few days, occasionally calling his staff in to discuss what he was thinking but essentially working through the problem on his own. One night he was up at 3am, making himself tea and toast before scribbling down his thoughts.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...pool-side.html

Unread 23-03-2015, 11:12 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Quote:
He is a student of the game and admires Rinus Michels and Johan Cruyff
£#%&! me, what a sage.

Unread 23-03-2015, 11:16 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
£#%&! me, what a sage.
i suppose it reads better than "man does job he is paid millions to do".

Unread 23-03-2015, 12:09 PM
The Watcher

I wonder what part of his “admiration” for Michels etc convinced him to play his best attacking threat (Sterling) as a glorified right back for over half the game?

Football genius.

Unread 23-03-2015, 12:33 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace

"Saw you looking Louis. Yeah, it's me"

Unread 23-03-2015, 12:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I wonder what part of his “admiration” for Michels etc convinced him to play his best attacking threat (Sterling) as a glorified right back for over half the game?

Football genius.
Closed Thread