United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:19 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Erik just said the 4th official told them Rashers wasn’t offside when he went through and went over the keeper, but they gave a Freekick anyway
Didn’t even look offside at the time.

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:20 PM
dunk

Ah ok.

We’re not getting the rub of the green at either end with decisions at all this season.

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:20 PM
red in cumbria

How do you think RAWK would have reacted if Liverpool had "enjoyed" that officiating tonight?

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Didn’t even look offside at the time.
I’m convinced it wasn’t. £#%&! all said though, no replay or lines

Not sure it was a penalty either though.

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:21 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Ah ok.

We’re not getting the rub of the green at either end with decisions at all this season.
No, we’re not…but we’ve got to stop doing really stupid things like The Scottish Player has done there. I think it’s harsh, but he’s got to be cuter. Same with the handball at the weekend. It’s all so chaotic and clumsy in both boxes.

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:26 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
No, we’re not…but we’ve got to stop doing really stupid things like The Scottish Player has done there. I think it’s harsh, but he’s got to be cuter. Same with the handball at the weekend. It’s all so chaotic and clumsy in both boxes.
What do you want him to do, leave it? He tried to clear and their player ran into him. if that had ended 1-1 it wouldn't have been down to Mct, it would have been down to the entire team not having the composure to manage the game til the end. £#%&!ing inept chaos merchants.

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:26 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
He’d no idea the guy was behind him.

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:28 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
McT did £#%&! all wrong. He tried to clear the ball and the Copenhagan player ran into him from behind.

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:30 PM
Hyman_Roth

Penalty incredibly harsh imv. He didn’t know he was there - standard clearance that you see countless times.

Thought the subs were decent - thought amrabat looked garbage all night - erikson came on and was basically mom.

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:32 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik JaBooty
What do you want him to do, leave it? He tried to clear and their player ran into him. if that had ended 1-1 it wouldn't have been down to Mct, it would have been down to the entire team not having the composure to manage the game til the end. £#%&!ing inept chaos merchants.
I want him to have a bit of awareness of what's around him. little nudge, lean into him. maybe dont go swinging your foot head height. its the second penalty hes conceded this week and he conceded another at chelsea last season for handball.

in short, he's thick.

It’s harsh, but it’s one of those where you’re giving the ref a decision to make.

agree with the last bit and said as much in the initial post. its chaos in both boxes in most games. they werent even a threat leading up to the penalty and then its just panic stations.

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:33 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Penalty incredibly harsh imv. He didn’t know he was there - standard clearance that you see countless times.

Thought the subs were decent - thought amrabat looked garbage all night - erikson came on and was basically mom.
We've been better every time he's come on this season. I think having him on the pitch is now outweighing the fact his legs are half gone. No other £#%&!er can keep possession or make half decent decisions.

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:34 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
We've been better every time he's come on this season. I think having him on the pitch is now outweighing the fact his legs are half gone. No other £#%&!er can keep possession or make half decent decisions.
Don’t know if you saw Erik post-match, but he alluded to wanting to play him more, but with the back four being unsettled, we’re ‘losing our patterns’ and not seeing enough of the ball. And Eriksen isn’t as good off the ball.

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:35 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
I want him to have a bit of awareness of what's around him. little nudge, lean into him. maybe dont go swinging your foot head height. its the second penalty hes conceded this week and he conceded another at chelsea last season for handball.

in short, he's thick.

It’s harsh, but it’s one of those where you’re giving the ref a decision to make.

agree with the last bit and said as much in the initial post. its chaos in both boxes in most games. they werent even a threat leading up to the penalty and then its just panic stations.
Nah, sorry mate but this is outcome bias. No way that was a penalty. You can't blame The Scottish Player for a refs mistake.

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:37 PM
red in cumbria

Sooner or later we are going to put some of our chances away, surely?

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:39 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Nah, sorry mate but this is outcome bias. No way that was a penalty. You can't blame The Scottish Player for a refs mistake.
I ultimately don’t think it’s a penalty and it’s harsh, but it was symptomatic of how we are individually and collectively: chaotic.

VAR were never going to overturn it. If it was such a huge error in judgement then it would. One of those where I think it’s wrong, but I can see why it’s given.

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:40 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
Don’t know if you saw Erik post-match, but he alluded to wanting to play him more, but with the back four being unsettled, we’re ‘losing our patterns’ and not seeing enough of the ball. And Eriksen isn’t as good off the ball.
All things being equal maybe he's right, but they're not. What he said when replacing Casemiro at ht about playing more football was correct; we're giving the ball away for fun. Erikson's the only one with half a clue unfortunately, and if rumours Casemiro is now pulling a Sancho are true, he can £#%&! off too. He's been shite.

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:40 PM
atticusgrinch

It probably wasn't a penalty but The Scottish Player is £#%&!ing shite and shouldn't even be in the pitch.

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:42 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
All things being equal maybe he's right, but they're not. What he said when replacing Casemiro at ht about playing more football was correct; we're giving the ball away for fun. Erikson's the only one with half a clue unfortunately, and if rumours Casemiro is now pulling a Sancho are true, he can £#%&! off too. He's been shite.
Casemiro was suspended. I wouldn’t put too much stock into some Twitter crap about regretting his move. Just feels like piling onto someone in dodgy form.

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:42 PM
Sparky***

I didn't even jump up and cheer when Onana saved it. Not because I wasn't happy, but i was waiting for VAR and these dippy Italian officials to intervene and make them take the £#%&!ing thing again.

Honestly, that was one of the softest pens you'll see given at any stage of a game, The Scottish Player barely brushed the guy who flung himself on the ground. Add to that Hojlund getting shoved over when through on goal and Rashford being pole-axed by the keeper despite being onside and the officials just sort of ignoring it - you begin to wonder are we the victims of some kind of gypsy curse. I mean how many penalties have we conceded in the first 12 games of the season? It's absolutely crazy. I think we've given one away every single game in the champions league.

Anyway, another game we should have had dead and buried going into the last 15 mins if we didn't have absolute wasters up front. Honestly, how on earth a group of international footballers conspire to mis-control and £#%&! up so many opportunities is beyond me. It's like watching some of my mates at 5 a side chasing after their touch with some of them.

Rashford looks absolutely lost, doesn't know what to do with himself. His tactic of running head first into everything and just shooting has got him nowhere so he's fresh out of ideas now. Garnacho comes on, gives the ball away for fun and then proceeds to do the same thing as Rashford, The Scottish Player somehow slices the ball wide from about 7 yards out infront of an open goal.

I despair, i really do. Show me a more out of form set of forwards in the entire league, they all look utterly bereft.

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:43 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
I ultimately don’t think it’s a penalty and it’s harsh, but it was symptomatic of how we are individually and collectively: chaotic.

VAR were never going to overturn it. If it was such a huge error in judgement then it would. One of those where I think it’s wrong, but I can see why it’s given.
It wasn't overturned because it was subjective enough to give them the clear and obvious excuse. Never a pen in a million years.