United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 26-08-2022, 08:11 PM
Dr Stranger

I’m having a nice evening if that helps anyone.

Unread 26-08-2022, 08:18 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I’m having a nice evening if that helps anyone.
Are you a blanket?

Unread 26-08-2022, 08:42 PM
dunk

Getting tasty

Unread 26-08-2022, 08:46 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Ajax have refused him today because they’ve only five days to replace him.

Unread 26-08-2022, 08:47 PM
Neo

Football

This one looks like it will happen, given all the key factors coming together.

- Glazers know they need to cough up to prevent the intense scrutiny on them increasing further.

- Player is pushing very aggressively for the move, and is already effectively on strike.

- Ajax will not want to keep a disgruntled player, so have a desire to sell.

- No other clubs in the running.

Unread 26-08-2022, 08:48 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Ajax have refused him today because they’ve only five days to replace him.
He’s been telling them he’s going since June..

Unread 26-08-2022, 08:48 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
He’s been telling them he’s going since June..
And asking since February.

Unread 26-08-2022, 08:54 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
Ajax have an amount they need to generate from player sales each season. Once they've reached that amount, they will become incredibly reluctant to sell anyone they see as a key player. It's first come first serve with clubs like this.
If we hadn't f***ed about for so long at the start f the window, we could have had him and Martinez for under 60 mill. The club arrogantly assumed it would be easy and ended up paying a post budget premium for Martinez. There's almost no way Ajax will sell us Antony now. They have already sold way past what they needed to.

The truly embarrassing part is that any half competent recruitment department would have known this and gone for those targets right off the bat. I'd hazard a guess Ten Hag will have told them all about this. It's probably the basis for a lot of his frustration.
I'm inclined to agree.

Ultimately we're negotiating for their star player with one week left of the transfer window, and Ajax have already sold about five players.

He missed last week's game, and hopefully this week's too, so Antony is doing his bit.

Unread 26-08-2022, 08:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
I'm inclined to agree.

Ultimately we're negotiating for their star player with one week left of the transfer window, and Ajax have already sold about five players.

He missed last week's game, and hopefully this week's too, so Antony is doing his bit.
He’s been telling them he’s going since June. He knew United wanted him, his agents knew and Ajax knew. Ajax have whacked a ridiculous price on his head since day 1, that’s why feet have been dragged.

Unread 26-08-2022, 08:59 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
This one looks like it will happen, given all the key factors coming together.

- Glazers know they need to cough up to prevent the intense scrutiny on them increasing further.

- Player is pushing very aggressively for the move, and is already effectively on strike.

- Ajax will not want to keep a disgruntled player, so have a desire to sell.

- No other clubs in the running.
We'll still £#%&! it up

Unread 26-08-2022, 09:01 PM
92ToBury

Give them Elanga on loan for a season. He won’t get much pitch time here once Antony arrives

Unread 26-08-2022, 09:02 PM
Curtis

Or Amad.

Unread 26-08-2022, 09:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Given how much of a stink he’s kicking up and how close these bids must be to getting accepted, this surely gets done.

We’re not getting FDJ, so a few extra million to get another ETH first choice target surely gets done.

Unread 26-08-2022, 09:22 PM
dunk

We’ve bid £60m in July, £80m and now £90m. Not sure United are the villain in this one.

Unread 26-08-2022, 09:24 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
We’ve bid £60m in July, £80m and now £90m. Not sure United are the villain in this one.
Euros innit?

Unread 26-08-2022, 09:32 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Give them Elanga on loan for a season. He won’t get much pitch time here once Antony arrives
Better still Rashford and Martial.

Unread 26-08-2022, 09:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Euros innit?
Yeah, euros

Unread 26-08-2022, 09:34 PM
ZiggyStardust

Just leave the 90 million euro offer on the table and tell them it’s our final offer

It’s their choice if they want to keep a very pissed off Anthony

We can always get him in Jan for about 20 million less than we’re offering now after Ajax are bombed out of the CL at the group stage and Anthony’s form has suffered after keeping him against his will

Unread 26-08-2022, 09:43 PM
Sparky***

You see children, now this is why you don't leave it until 3 weeks into a season to do your transfer business.

Someone should have told the chuckle brothers.

Unread 26-08-2022, 09:49 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
He’s been telling them he’s going since June. He knew United wanted him, his agents knew and Ajax knew. Ajax have whacked a ridiculous price on his head since day 1, that’s why feet have been dragged.
The only reports I'd seen seemed to suggesting Ajax were holding out for around €70m earlier in the Summer. That might be bullshit though.

But I'm just wondering why there was such a long time between bids, so we're now trying to do it in the final week. Were we playing a game of brinkmanship which has blown up in our face?

I think we'll get him, and he's obviously made it perfectly he expects to leave, is missing games, giving up any loyalty payment etc. Surprised that if the deal comes off it'll be for more than Sancho came to us for.