United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 19-03-2011, 06:18 PM
The Watcher

Default Re: *All New* United v Bolton Match Thread-Teams, Links and boundless, almost gay optimism

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Yep - the new contract has obviously helped him.

Unread 19-03-2011, 06:19 PM
andyroo

Default Re: *All New* United v Bolton Match Thread-Teams, Links and boundless, almost gay optimism

Quote:

Can't resist can you...

Unread 19-03-2011, 06:19 PM
ScarFace

Thumbs up Re: *All New* United v Bolton Match Thread-Teams, Links and boundless, almost gay optimism

great day in the end

albert is a hero for that livefooty website, had 3 choices of engliush commentry, hq picture and not one buffer

Unread 19-03-2011, 06:20 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
great day in the end

albert is a hero for that livefooty website, had 3 choices of engliush commentry, hq picture and not one buffer
hq picture sounds cheap

andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
The Evans red was harsh. Both players went in fully committed. Holden was unlucky to come off worse. Sometimes players get injured playing football.
Aye, it was just a collision, both players playing the ball and I think they both got something on it. Evans definitely did.

We played better with ten though!

borsuk

thought evans played well btw, aside from the back pass. wasn't bullied, kept his discipline positionally and showed good pace and anticipation. the red was deserved but it was good to see him showing some balls today, didn't shrink from the physical challenge of davies and elmander.

Unread 19-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Terry Silver

I thought subbing Chicha off at HT and at 0-0 was playing our only card far too early, when you consider the lack of options on the bench.

Thankfully it didn't end up costing us, but it was a very un-Fergie-like sub to make, so early in the game.

Massive win that.

And, call me a cynic, but I'm also relieved that Evans is suspended for West Ham, the scene of the worst CB showing I've ever seen from a player in a United shirt.

This year he has been a £#%&!ing accident waiting to happen. And his distribution is woeful. The point in the second half when he ended a sustained period of United attacks by passing it back to the keeper.

Unread 19-03-2011, 06:21 PM
magic_cantona

Thumbs down Re: *All New* United v Bolton Match Thread-Teams, Links and boundless, almost gay optimism

I'd love the head of refereeing to come out and publicly explain how Carraghers tackle on Nani was a yellow, but Evans' was a red today.

Would they do that? Would they £#%&!.

Unread 19-03-2011, 06:22 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
great day in the end

It buffered for me quite a lot actually, especially 2nd half

Unread 19-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Tronics

how long are we gonna get away with performances like this?

great win though, especially on the back of that red

Bolton missed some good chances too.

Roll on, roll on, roll on

Unread 19-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
It buffered for me quite a lot actually, especially 2nd half

Need to clean your comp up i think.

Unread 19-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I'd love the head of refereeing to come out and publicly explain how Carraghers tackle on Nani was a yellow, but Evans' was a red today.

The Carragher one was more visually obvious as well, lunge from distance to a planted leg. Evans and Holden today was 2 players going in, difficult to tell what really happened until you see the replay. Maybe the gash on Holden's leg was a factor, strange how the ref did not care for the damage on Nani.

Unread 19-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Sandman

I wish we'd give Valencia a game in the centre of midfield, he keeps possession well and carries the ball forward at pace unlike some of our other midfielders, he has played there for his country so it wouldn't be new to him. I think he'd work well with Carrick.

Unread 19-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

Need to clean your comp up i think.
Actually I think it was the shite connection where I am.

Unread 19-03-2011, 06:28 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
What you £#%&!ing on about you sly orange @#%&!?

Unread 19-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

Carraghers was on a United player, whilst Evans' was by a United player.

Hth.

Unread 19-03-2011, 06:29 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
What you £#%&!ing on about you sly orange @#%&!?
And again. And he calls me....

Unread 19-03-2011, 06:29 PM
Sloppy

Unread 19-03-2011, 06:30 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
I wish we'd give Valencia a game in the centre of midfield, he keeps possession well and carries the ball forward at pace unlike some of our other midfielders, he has played there for his country so it wouldn't be new to him. I think he'd work well with Carrick.
Thought the same myself, very powerful running from midfield, plays there for his country too i think, interesting.

Unread 19-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Plus, Giggs passing nowhere near reliable enough to play there.

Gives away cheap possession too often.
Closed Thread