United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?
Chelsea 11 16.92%
Barcelona 54 83.08%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 19-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Absolute joke but maybe it's the only way to realistically get a result against them?

We've tried to 'play' against them twice and failed miserably. Fair enough we had more than 21% of the £#%&!ing ball but both times we got turned over by 2 clear goals and spent the game chasing shadows.

Look at what Mourinho did with Inter in the semi in 2010. Crushed them in the San Siro by playing fast, aggressive, pressing football and forcing them into mistakes - then in the away leg they parked the bus.

I suppose you can park the bus and hope that you get lucky, which is what Chelsea did. Barcelona should have had 4 goals but their finishing on the night was awful.
it's true. remember when arsenal were better than us and we had the 'zone of terror' all up in their grills? if you make the pitch smaller and make it difficult for them on the ball, they struggle, like all teams do.

Unread 19-04-2012, 09:48 PM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I agree.

unless it is raining, they play 10 in defence and drogba falls over a lot.
That was quite a good tactical move I thought, totally disrupted their rhythm in the first half and gave Chelsea a bit of respite. We could have done with someone to do that at Wembley, they were relentless.

Unread 19-04-2012, 10:08 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
£#%&! me, i didn't realise barca had 79% possession last night
Not quite that high, just the 72%.

Still, 28% of the ball & one attempt on target and you win the match

Unread 19-04-2012, 10:51 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Look at what Mourinho did with Inter in the semi in 2010. Crushed them in the San Siro by playing fast, aggressive, pressing football and forcing them into mistakes - then in the away leg they parked the bus.
That Inter performance was just about as well organised a defensive display as you'll see and they still needed a lot of luck to get through. If the Bojan goal had stood, as it should've, they would've been knocked out and Mourinho would've been pilloried for his overly negative tactics.

Unread 19-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
That Inter performance was just about as well organised a defensive display as you'll see and they still needed a lot of luck to get through. If the Bojan goal had stood, as it should've, they would've been knocked out and Mourinho would've been pilloried for his overly negative tactics.
What a fortunate @#%&! he is.

Unread 19-04-2012, 11:00 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
£#%&! me, i didn't realise barca had 79% possession last night
Away from home, too. Can't have happened very often in any game, that - never mind the team with 79% losing

EDIT: even if it was "only" 72%, much the same applies......

Unread 20-04-2012, 07:44 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Not quite that high, just the 72%.

Still, 28% of the ball & one attempt on target and you win the match
football, funny game heh? The team that scores the goals is likely to win the match

Unread 20-04-2012, 07:48 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
football, funny game heh? The team that scores the goals is likely to win the match
I see your application for the Shoot Crew got accepted. Such insight.
Closed Thread