United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 13-06-2023, 12:12 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
I ignored the whole Chelsea bidding stuff. I looked this video up from 1 year ago....

https://youtu.be/oFLsecLtzu4

Bid more for Chelsea than for us. His true love of a club !

4.2bil plus 1.7bil for players/ground.

Can only manage to find enough for half of us.

"I've met Joel and Avram and they are the nicest people, I have to say, they are proper gentlemen."
The key part here is late bid. It was never a proper bid, he wasn’t really in for them. Just getting familiar with the process, gearing up for having a tilt at acquiring his true love, Manchester United Football Club

Unread 13-06-2023, 12:16 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
We are not owned by the American state though, the Qatar bid is state sponsored....

Publicly shame ? Oh you'll see, full on lads in tea towels and dish dashes, pre season friendlies in ME, a maroon third kit...
You could argue donating money (which the glazers do) directly to either one of the government parties in power show they use their money to help elect the people in power who commit the human rights abuses?

Same with ratcliffe, investing 2 billion in Saudi Arabia who have the same human rights record. You can’t move the boundary just because it suits you.

Unless it’s ok to invest and spend money directly to regimes in countries with a poor human rights record?

Either way, none of this discussion matters, it’s in the hand of the glazers whoever they pick, Ratcliffe or the Qataris. It’s all a bit polarised if you’re not one side youre the other.

Unread 13-06-2023, 12:17 PM
Ethers

INEOS are donating money directly to the Saudi government? Are you sure?

Unread 13-06-2023, 12:18 PM
jem

rat or qat. just get it £#%&!ing done.

Unread 13-06-2023, 12:20 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
https://www.ineos.com/news/shared-ne...-saudi-arabia/

Who do you think owns/runs ARAMCO? It’s all state owned . They’re doing direct business with the Saudi state

Quote:
I never said they donated money , I said they invested money with the Saudi state

Unread 13-06-2023, 12:21 PM
ScarFace

Unread 13-06-2023, 12:21 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
rat or qat. just get it £#%&!ing done.
That’s the title of next years season review dvd sorted.

Unread 13-06-2023, 12:22 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
No news article would ever announce it early. Officially , especially if they’re going for a full takeover, the shareholders would find out and that would have been leaked quick. It’s a tiny article that probably isn’t true that’s driven the hype and share price up imo

Unread 13-06-2023, 12:24 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
No news article would ever announce it early. Officially , especially if they’re going for a full takeover, the shareholders would find out and that would have been leaked quick. It’s a tiny article that probably isn’t true that’s driven the hype and share price up imo

Unread 13-06-2023, 12:24 PM
BigJim

"Right gents, today we're going to have a brainstorming session on how we're going to build a 60 billion pound company while only dealing with Greenpeace and Greta Thunberg....go!"

Unread 13-06-2023, 12:25 PM
AK14

Unread 13-06-2023, 12:25 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Hard to believe anything on Twitter. Would be nice to get it all sorted though. Looks like it’s leaning towards Qatar, but until it happens officially I wouldn’t trust a thing.

Too many ITKs trying to act and look like they’re in the inner circle etc. need the equivalent of the scarf shot. Until then take everything on Twitter as %@#$&!s

Unread 13-06-2023, 12:26 PM
Ethers

Quote:
https://www.ineos.com/news/shared-ne...-saudi-arabia/

Who do you think owns/runs ARAMCO? It’s all state owned . They’re doing direct business with the Saudi state

I never said they donated money , I said they invested money with the Saudi state
You said “spend money directly to regimes”

Which granted, doesn’t make sense. Or is a spelling mistake.

Unread 13-06-2023, 12:27 PM
Dasilvatwins

What money collected? He was taking out loans on INEOS? He’s hardly going to put a 3-4 billion pound debt on his own company for a shite team like Nice

Unread 13-06-2023, 12:27 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
The Qatari lads on here probably shouldn't have went all....

.... last night

Unread 13-06-2023, 12:28 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
You said “spend money directly to regimes”

Which granted, doesn’t make sense. Or is a spelling mistake.
Yes, if you invest 2 billion pounds in a company that’s state owned you’re giving the state 2 billion ?

Unread 13-06-2023, 12:32 PM
BigJim

Quote:
Yes, if you invest 2 billion pounds in a company that’s state owned you’re giving the state 2 billion ?
No, you're transferring assets. You have heard the term 'trade', right? you know a trade requires two parts, correct? You give, they give etc etc...

Unread 13-06-2023, 12:33 PM
Ethers

Quote:
They’re not giving 2 billion to the Saudi state. You are not a serious person.

Unread 13-06-2023, 12:35 PM
atticusgrinch

Whatever happens, it’d be great if it happened ASAP so Erik can sort his £#%&!ing squad out.

Unread 13-06-2023, 12:35 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim
No, you're transferring assets. You have heard the term 'trade', right? you know a trade requires two parts, correct? You give, they give etc etc...
So it’s ok to make business deals with regimes with human rights abuses? As long as you’re getting something out of it. Because the trade is with “the oil company”