United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 18-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Liu Jian

Default Re: *Official* United v Galati Match Thread - Teams, Links and sparky is on holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
God that was boring. Typical CL group stage, try & get through with the absolute minimum, more so with a big game on the weekend.

Few things though, Anderson needs to really find that mental edge to dig out a performance if he wants to distinguish himself. It's all well & good getting a few decent performances in here & there but he needs to stake his claim hard by putting in performance after performance. Fabio, rusty really, but his ability to get injured is spectacular... :shakehead:

Thought Evra was great going forward, if there was more movement & just a little better in his final ball we could really have the 'old' Evra back. Some fantastic surges.

Valencia looked a bit ordinary, really should develop either a left foot, or some decent aerial ability, or a trick... something. He looks just as one dimensional as when he joined, which is a cracking dimension when on blob, but when it's not working for him it doesn't leave him much to influence the game. Nani has the same physicality, phenomenal with his 'wrong' peg & his crossing can be fantastic. Young has the left side nailed down, Nani the right imo at the moment, but it's nice to not have Park as the third choice winger this season, some pace & not a stop gap is great for the squad.
Thats it, Tony V needs a trick or something unpredictable.

Couldnt believe it ovef the summer when a couple of turbo-posters claimed that Valencia ahould be our first-choice right-winger.

Unread 18-10-2011, 10:30 PM
Neo

Default Re: *Official* United v Galati Match Thread - Teams, Links and sparky is on holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
Couldnt believe it ovef the summer when a couple of turbo-posters claimed that Valencia ahould be our first-choice right-winger.
Nani was shit in the last couple months of last season. Thank £#%&! Valencia came back to terrorize Ashley Cole in both the league and Europe.

Obviously you've conveniently forgot about that though.

Unread 18-10-2011, 10:30 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I think that could be said of everyone who plays in the center of midfield for United tbh.
Spot on.

Unread 18-10-2011, 10:38 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I think that could be said of everyone who plays in the center of midfield for United tbh.
Not nice to think that we seemingly don't have one midfielder guaranteed to start on Sunday, let alone two.

I really don't have a £#%&!ing clue who Fergie will go with. Anderson is probably the one most certain to start, I would say.

Unread 18-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Rotten game to watch...Rooney dragged us over the line.
One for the £#%&! bank MJ?

Unread 18-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Whalefish

Never ever got out of first gear. Tempo was slower than my Mum. I hate the group stages.

Unread 18-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Not nice to think that we seemingly don't have one midfielder guaranteed to start on Sunday, let alone two.

I really don't have a £#%&!ing clue who Fergie will go with. Anderson is probably the one most certain to start, I would say.
fletcher and giggs...

Unread 18-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
fletcher and giggs...

Unread 18-10-2011, 10:55 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Nani was shit in the last couple months of last season. Thank £#%&! Valencia came back to terrorize Ashley Cole in both the league and Europe.

Obviously you've conveniently forgot about that though.
Oh look, the forum zealot is back to stalking me :£#%&!er:. Wonderful.

Unread 18-10-2011, 10:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
You mean after he was injured again this summer Dunk?
Yes, I think the injury, and the subsequent re-injury may have drained his confidence and put doubts about his body in his mind Crumps, hence my statement about the after effects of his injuries.

It's not £#%&!ing rocket science, even for a Dr.

Unread 18-10-2011, 11:24 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
Oh look, the forum zealot is back to stalking me :£#%&!er:. Wonderful.
Yeah, quoting means I'm stalking doesn't it @#%&!o.

Get over yourself.

Unread 18-10-2011, 11:44 PM
jem

don't know what you're complaining about. I quite enjoyed that.

carrick was excellent by the way. his passing in the first half and his tracking back and blocking in the second (when nani and rooney finally perked up).

if fergie plays one up on sunday he's an arse.

Unread 18-10-2011, 11:48 PM
ScarFace

the sooner we go out the better, we cant win both and we deffo wont win this thing anyway.

If city go out before us we're £#%&!ed in the league just like 09/10 chelsea.

Unread 19-10-2011, 12:05 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
carrick was excellent by the way. his passing in the first half and his tracking back and blocking in the second (when nani and rooney finally perked up).

if fergie plays one up on sunday he's an arse.
Agree with that. Thought Carrick did really well tonight.
From round about the hour mark Nani & Rooney suddenly started playing with urgency & you sensed we would get the goal eventually.

It'll be very interesting to see what the side is on Sunday, like you say hopefully we won't bottle it & play one up top..although I think we probably will.

Unread 19-10-2011, 12:20 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
the sooner we go out the better, we cant win both and we deffo wont win this thing anyway.

If city go out before us we're £#%&!ed in the league just like 09/10 chelsea.
That's the winning spirit

Unread 19-10-2011, 06:09 AM
borsuk

decent second half and a decent result. carrick was very good throughout and once anderson improved second half we looked much more threatening. johnny evans was very good when he came on, smalling was class as well. evra's having a good season now after a shaky start, he was excellent yesterday, crossing aside.

soft red card but the ref was waving cards all over the place second half. seven yellows and one red and it wasn't a particularly dirty game, absolutely ridiculous.

carrick and anderson again at the weekend, welbeck for pea, young for valencia, jones for fabio please.

Unread 19-10-2011, 06:28 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

soft red card but the ref was waving cards all over the place second half. seven yellows and one red and it wasn't a particularly dirty game, absolutely ridiculous.
soft isn't the word. compared to the scissor tackle on nani (not even a yellow), it was harmless. wasn't so much he was card happy, but inconsistent. don't suppose a one-match ban for vidic will kill the campaign, but still....

Unread 19-10-2011, 07:41 AM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Yeah, quoting means I'm stalking doesn't it @#%&!o.

Get over yourself.
If I promise to agree with everything that you say, will you promise to stop?

I'll even say that North Korea is a decent place to live.

Unread 19-10-2011, 08:08 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Was like watching england last night.

Turgid.

Unread 19-10-2011, 08:37 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Was like watching england last night.

Turgid.
Too far, Dunlop. Too far.