United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 16-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Default Re: *Official* United v Newcastle Match Thread - Teams, Links and Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Shut the £#%&! up #@&%! face, there is no anti-rawk stance you daft @#%&!. You need to pay attention more.

Funny that, because I'm sure that is about the 3rd time today in an inadvertent manner you have compared Fred to being no better than RAWK or at least agreed with somebody who did so!

I don't need to pay ANY attention to a sad late-middle-aged man ta very much, you are welcome to your bile and vitriol, I hope it chokes you before your inevitable cardiac arrest finally does for you!

Unread 16-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Arnold Muhren

http://twitter.com/henrywinter

"Now that's a sign of statesmanship...Ryan Giggs warming up and being applauded by United fans - Newcastle United fans. Class"

Fair play

Unread 16-08-2010, 11:19 PM
Alex de Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Two tackles. One failed, one successful, one he even pulled out of. That's very good for our Paul
Amended.

Unread 16-08-2010, 11:21 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I realise most of you heathens find passing 'boring', but that shows why Scholes is still one of the best footballers in the country. Marvellous.
Who said that?

Unread 16-08-2010, 11:25 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
http://twitter.com/henrywinter

"Now that's a sign of statesmanship...Ryan Giggs warming up and being applauded by United fans - Newcastle United fans. Class"

Fair play
Henry winter in making something up shocker!

They were singing the 'Ryan Giggs is illegitimate' ditty at one point!

Unread 16-08-2010, 11:39 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Premier League PFA Player of the Year Betting Odds

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/...er-of-the-year
Could easily see Scholes getting it with performances like that, even if it's only once every three games. giggs was excellent when he won it but a lot of it was to do with how long he'd been around. Same could happen to Scholes as long as he stays visible enough.

Unread 16-08-2010, 11:44 PM
Tumescent Throb

half decent game by Scholes' standards tbh. plenty of passes went astray, one or two breakdowns in communication and so on. still top class by most player's standards though, naturally imagine how terrible it would be if I get to pay to sit and watch Scholes and Giggs play football for Manchester United 15 or 20 times this season

berbatov's movement all night was top class as usual

O'Shea supported Valencia pretty well at times, but hopefully Rafael can pin that position down in Ferguson's mind before too long

Unread 16-08-2010, 11:49 PM
RedMenace

Wouldn't say 8 out of 104 was "plenty" really. But I agree that it's what Scholes usually produces when he has a bit of time on the ball.

Unread 16-08-2010, 11:49 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
berbatov's movement all night was top class as usual
Correct! The usual haters on here will slag him for no reason though

Unread 17-08-2010, 12:01 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Certainly looks happier and more confident in himself.
That's pushing it I reckon.

As MJ says, he's been a huge flop and hopefully he'll improve...I'm not confident he'll do that. He just doesn't look right to me.

Unread 17-08-2010, 12:01 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Wouldn't say 8 out of 104 was "plenty" really. But I agree that it's what Scholes usually produces when he has a bit of time on the ball.
i didn't count 104 passes or whatever, i just counted plenty of creative passes that didn't come off. time on the ball for our best players is what United usually produce when the team is pretty much on blob. Scholes more than played his part in grinding the away team down and earning us the right to play like that in the 2nd half as well, i thought

Unread 17-08-2010, 12:02 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
Correct! The usual haters on here will slag him for no reason though
I'm not hating him btw, I really hope he turns it round.

Unread 17-08-2010, 12:09 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
That's pushing it I reckon.

As MJ says, he's been a huge flop and hopefully he'll improve...I'm not confident he'll do that. He just doesn't look right to me.
Some of the play between him and Scholes was pretty special tonight, you must admit that!

He seems to have so much time, yet when it's needed can just give the ball the nudge it needs to the man in space! He isn't a true no.9 for me, but he was top class tonight! The way he lost his man so many times!

Here's hoping he builds from here! Getting
more involved in the build-up and feeding the ball either wide to create more chances for himself or giving it to Chico or Rooney! He really pulled the strings tonight in tandem with the Ginger magician!

And it was fantastic to see!

Unread 17-08-2010, 12:17 AM
MJ Ramone

Football Re: *Official* United v Newcastle Match Thread - Teams, Links and Value

Berbatov was very good tonight - he missed a couple of easy chances mind

I'm pleased for him. He needs to keep this form going now.

Unread 17-08-2010, 12:20 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
Some of the play between him and Scholes was pretty special tonight, you must admit that!

He seems to have so much time, yet when it's needed can just give the ball the nudge it needs to the man in space! He isn't a true no.9 for me, but he was top class tonight! The way he lost his man so many times!

Here's hoping he builds from here! Getting
more involved in the build-up and feeding the ball either wide to create more chances for himself or giving it to Chico or Rooney! He really pulled the strings tonight in tandem with the Ginger magician!

And it was fantastic to see!
I've come to view you as a very energetic person in real life, Mao. Those exclamation marks.

Unread 17-08-2010, 12:23 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Berbatov was very good tonight - he missed a couple of easy chances mind

I'm pleased for him. He needs to keep this form going now.
Berbs was superb tonight.

Unread 17-08-2010, 12:30 AM
Sparky***

I still stand by what I said.

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...postcount=6564

Unread 17-08-2010, 12:32 AM
Cream

Quote:
Premier League PFA Player of the Year Betting Odds

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/...er-of-the-year
Essien, fit again, 16/1? Playing for the team most likely to win the league?

Cracking odds.

Unread 17-08-2010, 12:34 AM
wonky no

why must we continue to play the likes of scholes and giggs??

oh!

mushy looked good too. good movement.

Unread 17-08-2010, 03:26 AM
TreeFiddy

We were great to watch. That Giggs goal will stay with me long after he and Scholes retire. Perfection.