United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-01-2023, 12:46 AM
Stickman

It wasn’t a good performance and lacked control and discipline in the main but even our great teams used to pull these out during fixture congestion. They knew they didn’t have to be particularly good to beat them and it seemed evident right through the team.

Absolutely delighted though overall, another win and advancement in a cup before what should be a pretty routine game next.

Re Martial, i’d even happily swap him for a good false 9.

Unread 07-01-2023, 01:14 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
that is precisely not the antony-dalot shit. that is what antony should be doing instead.

Unread 07-01-2023, 01:18 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
It wasn’t a good performance and lacked control and discipline in the main but even our great teams used to pull these out during fixture congestion. They knew they didn’t have to be particularly good to beat them and it seemed evident right through the team.

Absolutely delighted though overall, another win and advancement in a cup before what should be a pretty routine game next.

Re Martial, i’d even happily swap him for a good false 9.
As good a fake 9 as you could find....

Unread 07-01-2023, 01:24 AM
Finport Red

I think that, given the number of games played recently, a couple in heavy rain, the switches in defence in the past few games, and the fact it was the third round of the cup, we did ok.

The speed of our game is impressive, but it was clear to see the players tiring with about half an hour to go. That’s why ETH made the changes he did.

But we are through, a 3-1 win against Everton who we usually have trouble with. Take it and move on.

A few days rest now then, hopefully, another win next week against charlton.

Things are looking up.

Unread 07-01-2023, 01:38 AM
Stickman

Rashford is really carrying the forward line just now.

Unread 07-01-2023, 03:09 AM
Denis Irwell

Desperately need an alternative to Martial. Absolute fanny. Sick of the @#%&!.

Ighalo was better.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...ar_503698.html

“Speaks highly of his own abilities “

Reminds me of someone on here

Can’t do worse the French fanny

Unread 07-01-2023, 10:09 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We couldn't. We were all over the place at the back from the off. They hit the post which luckily enough came off de gea's head and out for a corner about a minute before they scored.

We had no control of the game, at any point... the minute we lost the ball they were able to make up 50/60 yards up the pitch in two passes, continually players were getting bypassed and ball watching.

We were just very fortunate that Everton are pretty average. Same as Bournemouth. Our goalkeeper should not be having to pull of 2 or 3 top saves in a "comfortable" home win.

Defend like that against City and it's another 6 goal rout
Sparky give it a rest.

Things to improve on but city aren't coming and scoring 6.

Unread 07-01-2023, 11:08 AM
Dr Stranger

I do believe the forwards will improve the more they play. I think that was their 3rd start together and that’s the best they’ve looked as a 3, Imo.

I know it’s ‘only Everton’ and we’ve had some easier fixtures, but that wasn’t stopping us throwing these games away in recent years. We haven’t beaten Everton at home since 2018. We’ve lost to a relegated Sheffield United.

We were at the point where every team fancied it here. They would turn up, defend in numbers and that was half the battle. Every game was a struggle and we just relied on individual moments of brilliance.

That’s not happening now. Our general level of play is much higher. It’s too good for the shitter teams in the league. It’s as it should be, but it’s not how it’s been, so that’s big progress.

Yes, we’re still too open. We’re still switching off for spells and teams have been too poor to punish us, but that’s the next stage of the development. It’s also skews the game.

“If they’d scored their counters it’d be 3-3”

Yeah, and if we scored all our chances, we’d have about 7 goals per game. As much as we’ve been sloppy, we’ve been comfortably the better team and deserving of every victory we’ve had since the World Cup. Nqat.

I used to go into home games thinking we need to score early or it’s gonna be a long game. I looked at that 11 last night and thought Everton had no chance. It’s a big difference.

Unread 07-01-2023, 11:12 AM
Tuco

Quote:
The difference an actual top striker would make to us is immeasurable. [SIZE="5"]Martial is literally like playing with 10 men at times. He ambles about, takes the ball into traffic, loses it and then just sort of gives up.

It's infuriating watching him. The times we had the ball in and around their box with no focal point so we just recyle the ball until we lose it.
Correct, also Bruno was absolute bobbins too

Unread 07-01-2023, 11:18 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
Correct, also Bruno was absolute bobbins too
I’m relaxed about the striker situation. It’s not like ETH thinks all is well in that department. Every man and his dog knows we need a striker and we’ll be getting one this NQAT.

We’ve seen the difference the upgrades the likes of Casemiro and Eriksen have made to midfield. The same will happen with the other gaps in the squad.

Unread 07-01-2023, 12:58 PM
Whip Hubley

Enjoyable Friday night Cup game

Would start with a diamond midfield against city tbh - Case Fred Eriksen Bruno

Split strikers Rash and one of the Tony's? No idea.

Unread 07-01-2023, 01:44 PM
Chorlton74

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64197462

Unread 07-01-2023, 01:48 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
yeah i heard that and thought this will get mentioned

Unread 07-01-2023, 02:02 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
Illegal chant

Unread 07-01-2023, 02:10 PM
Bunker Buster

Will never understand how it's homophobic, it's a job.....

Unread 07-01-2023, 02:40 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Will never understand how it's homophobic, it's a job.....
And probably one of the few he’ll have a chance of getting in a week or two.

Unread 07-01-2023, 02:48 PM
Joe Biden

The sun was right, rent boy

Unread 07-01-2023, 03:21 PM
puressence

No mention of the constant Munich chants and coin throwing

Unread 07-01-2023, 03:22 PM
Switching Off

Has any other club been charged for this? Happens at every Lampard game, not sure if they will be charging everybody.

Unread 07-01-2023, 03:27 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
It was all a bit random
Closed Thread