United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 02-09-2018, 08:54 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting this was some kind of massive turning point or change in our fortunes, it was just a must needed win for the sake of giving our players a bit of much needed confidence.

Lukaku looks to be getting a bit of sharpness back - he could have easily bagged 6 goals in the last two games, that's no exaggeration. He missed that open goal v spurs and again today he's forced joe hart into a couple of outstanding saves and also got fouled when he tried rounded the keeper.

If the ref had done his job properly today and that bird-brained moron Pogba had stuck his penalty away, then this could have been a real statement scoreline in the region of 5 or 6 nil. But instead we didn't get what we deserved thanks to poor refereeing and a couple of immature, stupid moments from our players.

The frailties are still there, our centre back are still error prone and clumsy, our full back options are still not good enough and we have zero creativity from wide areas. But we already knew that when we did nothing to address these issues in the summer - and for that you can thank our wonderful CEO.
This.

You can tell when Lukaku is at it because he is more aggressive and wins the little battles. He was soft as a kitten on Monday, but largely bullied Mee today.

He will always miss chances because he's no of especially clinical, but he always make the right runs and, for once, we actually found him plenty of times. If every game is like this for him, he'll be fine.

It seemed like we were a little more direct today. Better intensity and counter attacked with purpose. Actually tried to kill the game several times.

Promising.

Not much more you can learn from one game against Burnley, but we did what needed to be done and we in control throughout. We all would have taken 0-2 before kick off.

Unread 02-09-2018, 08:54 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
Scenes on here tonight

Imagine if we’d lost....
They ramp up the personal attacks whenever mou is doing well.

Genuinely sad. They live on this website and hyper analyse everything, yet have the nerve to call others sad because they post during the game once in a blue moon.

Normal people like me will be at work tomorrow making more money than both of them earn put together. United winning, our fans had a smashing time. Life is good. They'll both be steaming though, their lives appear to be shit given the amount of hate they spout on here and now Mou is stronger than he's ever been......

Unread 02-09-2018, 08:56 PM
Clownbones

I'd also like to take this moment to say that Jon Moss is easily the worst referee in the league.

Dreadful.

Unread 02-09-2018, 08:56 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You’ve ‘offered out’ more people on here even than Neo.

You are also the biggest peddler of hate on here. You’re just a coward who likes to dress it up like you aren’t though.
That's grotesque considering some of the stuff they've come out with about minorities, disabled, black, gays, trans, muslims etc. There's more important stuff than football.

The only thing I am a hater of is people who hate united.

I don't offer people out much, even as a joke. Neo does it all the time and deadly serious too. You obvs won't concede given the amount of times ive humiliated you when discussing united. I mean you've been reduced to being a glazer pr stooge....

Unread 02-09-2018, 09:02 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
That's grotesque considering some of the stuff they've come out with about minorities, disabled, black, gays, trans, muslims etc. There's more important stuff than football.

The only thing I am a hater of is people who hate united.

I don't offer people out much, even as a joke. Neo does it all the time and deadly serious too. You obvs won't concede given the amount of times ive humiliated you when discussing united. I mean you've been reduced to being a glazer pr stooge....
See, just 100% lies that spill from your keyboard. Hate and lies.

Unread 02-09-2018, 09:05 PM
saffers

Quote:
See, just 100% lies that spill from your keyboard. Hate and lies.
See, this would have more credence if it was just me saying you are sounding like a glazer stooge. Others also noticing your lingo of late.

Unread 02-09-2018, 09:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
See, this would have more credence if it was just me saying you are sounding like a glazer stooge. Others also noticing your lingo of late.
Lies.

Unread 02-09-2018, 09:08 PM
saffers

Quote:
Lies.
I'm lying about others also saying this or we're all lying for saying you sound like the glazers social media pr rep?

Unread 02-09-2018, 09:09 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
I'd also like to take this moment to say that Jon Moss is easily the worst referee in the league.

Dreadful.
Nqat

Hopefully he’ll send an inappropriate tweet soon...

Seriously though that was one of the worst refereeing displays I’ve seen for a very long time, Absolutely shocking.

Unread 02-09-2018, 09:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
I'm lying about others also saying this or we're all lying for saying you sound like the glazers social media pr rep?
Both tbh. Just everything. You are the master of falsehoods. Twisting things and making proclamations, promoting division, arguments and hatred wherever possible to get your kicks. You’re the worst of humanity in internet form.

Unread 02-09-2018, 09:14 PM
saffers

Quote:
Both tbh. Just everything. You are the master of falsehoods. Twisting things and making proclamations, promoting division, arguments and hatred wherever possible to get your kicks. You’re the worst of humanity in internet form.

Unread 02-09-2018, 09:20 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Nqat

Hopefully he’ll send an inappropriate tweet soon...

Seriously though that was one of the worst refereeing displays I’ve seen for a very long time, Absolutely shocking.
The Mee handball was an absolute shocker.

Unread 02-09-2018, 09:25 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
The Mee handball was an absolute shocker.
it was just so blatant. Not even subtle. Then you had the farcical sending off of rashford who was unceremoniously booted off his feet by that thug Bardsley, who somehow got away with just a yellow.

That's without Lukaku being bundled over when he was about to put the ball into an empty net...these weren't hard decisions to get right. It was just sheer utter incompetence.

Unread 02-09-2018, 09:31 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
it was just so blatant. Not even subtle. Then you had the farcical sending off of rashford who was unceremoniously booted off his feet by that thug Bardsley, who somehow got away with just a yellow.

That's without Lukaku being bundled over when he was about to put the ball into an empty net...these weren't hard decisions to get right. It was just sheer utter incompetence.
The Rashford one was a tougher call because as soon as he puts his head in there, he's giving the ref a decision to make. It looked to me that Moss didnt have a clue what had happened and was led by Bardsley's reaction. It took him a while to take the card out and they usually come bounding over when they are sure.

It's crazy how the laws are there to seemingly allow Bardsley to do that, but not Rashford to react. So being an instigator is fine, reacting isn't.

The two Lukaku ones are dreadful calls. As you say, they weren't even difficult calls.

The penalty: why would Lukaku go down in that position? It's ludicrous. Any contact on him when hes ahead of Mee should be a penalty.

The handball should also be seen by linesman.

Awful officiating. I'm just glad it didn't cost us.

Unread 02-09-2018, 10:08 PM
Part 36 Offer

Good win against an abysmal side.

Will be interesting to see which United turns up at Watford.

Can’t believe Fellaini is still starting for Manchester United ffs

Unread 02-09-2018, 10:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Good win against an abysmal side.

Will be interesting to see which United turns up at Watford.

Can’t believe Fellaini is still starting for Manchester United ffs
And was probably our best player

Unread 02-09-2018, 10:18 PM
Drexl

Quote:
I must admit: I've always found you consistent and considered in your posts, with a clear ultimate belief. Deffo not a wum.

But I am a mong, so all bets are off

Unread 02-09-2018, 11:11 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It’s clutching at straws to suggest an away win at an out of form Burnley is some sort of corner turned. Nothing fundamental changed. Awful technique at right back, untested cb’s, sloppy touches up front and a midfield/forward line that doesn’t sprint to support the man with the ball in dangerous areas.

Lukaku got a hatful of chances today -he should have had 4 at least- and Moss wasn’t the only one making poor decisions. Why oh why would you not go round Hart to the right? Burnley were all over the shop.

Quick, accurate ball movement up front, willing runners and a bit of guile. Hardly rocket science, but it still isn’t there. Until it is - if it ever is- we won’t be challenging for anything.
We just needed a win, any sort of win, today. Put a run of results together, and we will start playing better. Its that simple, and that difficult.

Unread 02-09-2018, 11:14 PM
armchair

honestly don't care that much about results. we could've lost that game 2-0. more interested in being entertained

Unread 02-09-2018, 11:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
He then followed it up with pushing his head into Rashford which was sufficient alone for a red for the United player.

As everyone who saw the whole game has said, the entire refereeing performance was appalling.
Incredible analysis from the BBC all round tbh.

"Oh you can't react like that, it's silly from Rashford.."

Yes, ok. But why isn't anyone addressing the fact he was booted up into the air in the first place with the ball nowhere near? Why is that a footnote in the whole incident when it should be the main focus?