United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-12-2023, 04:37 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Unfair to say he is a rubbish.
It’s a claim I think is going to look silly in a couple of years. He’s 20 at his first big club and been put in a position he’s not yet ready for as the main man in a mess of a team. He should be the least of anybody’s worries.

Unread 31-12-2023, 04:39 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
It’s a claim I think is going to look silly in a couple of years. He’s 20 at his first big club and been put in a position he’s not yet ready for as the main man in a mess of a team. He should be the least of anybody’s worries.
Would score loads if the manager would change tactics.

Unread 31-12-2023, 04:50 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
So any 20 year old with a half decent record in serie a is destined for greatness.

He hasn’t shown he is gonna be anything other that an industrious average striker.

Unread 31-12-2023, 04:53 PM
The taste of...

Just watching Arsenal labouring away v Fulham but without the injuries

Wonder if Arteta has a Similar thread down there even if two years ahead of
Tenners

Unread 31-12-2023, 04:55 PM
suedeshoes

Marlo...Go on the other thread and tell us your new years eve plans instead of continuously harping on about ten Haag.

I bet they're actually really interesting.

Unread 31-12-2023, 04:57 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Marlo...Go on the other thread and tell us your new years eve plans instead of continuously harping on about ten Haag.

I bet they're actually really interesting.
“Tonight I’ll be continuously harping on about ten Hag”

Unread 31-12-2023, 05:09 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
“Tonight I’ll be continuously harping on about ten Hag”
Worst Star In Their Eyes ever

Unread 31-12-2023, 05:47 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
Just watching Arsenal labouring away v Fulham but without the injuries

Wonder if Arteta has a Similar thread down there even if two years ahead of
Tenners
Thought arsenal were the poster boys last season of how a club should be run

Unread 31-12-2023, 06:06 PM
armchair

De Jong knew.

Unread 31-12-2023, 06:53 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Unfair to say he is a rubbish.
He’s got 1 league goal. If we’re ignoring his age and judging him on now it’s not unfair to say he’s been rubbish.

Unread 31-12-2023, 07:05 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
He’s got 1 league goal. If we’re ignoring his age and judging him on now it’s not unfair to say he’s been rubbish.
He’s also our top goal scorer this season, having bagged twice as many as last year’s top scorer.

Unread 31-12-2023, 08:36 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Thought arsenal were the poster boys last season of how a club should be run
Christ alive

Unread 31-12-2023, 10:43 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Hasn’t had that many chances. But scored 1, had 2 dissallowed.

He would have cost about 25m and been a back up striker so decent return etc.
Are you counting disallowed goals as a return on investment?

Unread 01-01-2024, 10:04 AM
Dr Stranger

Still ETH in 👍

This season isn’t giving us much to hang our hat on, but last season did and he’s not become a bad coach over night

He’s making a lot of mistakes and understandably creating a lot of doubt, but It’s difficult to make a serious judgement with the backdrop of this horrifically handled sale

Maybe it’s blind faith, so be it, but I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt

The biggest change needed has always been ‘upstairs’. We’re hopefully getting that now. If he fails under that structure, then fair enough

Unread 01-01-2024, 10:28 AM
Coracao

He can't have any complaints if he is sacked. I think he's bordering on lame duck territory personally as it's difficult to see a future for him beyond this season. If Ratcliffe and his team can identify and bring in a managerial target before the end of the season, then they should do so. Actually give us a head start instead of floundering around in July with a manager who does not 'know' the squad etc.

Unread 01-01-2024, 10:35 AM
Sheik JaBooty

It’s funny how “no excuses” and “we have the right squad”, has gradually morphed into “once players are back fit we’ll get results”.

There’s only so long you can imply things will get better without them actually becoming better. It’s beginning to sound hollow and clueless.

Unread 01-01-2024, 11:24 AM
marlo

the same people saying give him next season will also be talking about our standards as a big club,

no big club would keep on ETH after what he can accomplished this season.

played 28, lost 14.
negative goal difference in the league and in europe.
knocked out both cup competition before Christmas and horrible uninspiring football every game.

but yeah he needs another season.

And then you’ll be complaining we aren’t spending enough money.
how can we when he is hitting the bare minimum accomplishments of a big club like ECL places, knockout stage, top 4 in the league.

Basically he is failing at everything from recruitment, in game management, squad motivation, coaching of the team but yeah let’s keep him on because erm….we’ll yeah let’s just keep him on

Unread 01-01-2024, 11:46 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He can't have any complaints if he is sacked. I think he's bordering on lame duck territory personally as it's difficult to see a future for him beyond this season. If Ratcliffe and his team can identify and bring in a managerial target before the end of the season, then they should do so. Actually give us a head start instead of floundering around in July with a manager who does not 'know' the squad etc.
I can’t see them doing that. Brailsford is apparently
here this week to ‘look listen and learn’. We’re far more likely to see changes to the structure above the coaches IMO

Unread 01-01-2024, 12:02 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I can’t see them doing that. Brailsford is apparently
here this week to ‘look listen and learn’. We’re far more likely to see changes to the structure above the coaches IMO
This

ETH definitely polished a turd last season

Then it seems he asked them to do a bit of running as well as turn up on time and the usual suspects and that utter @#%&! Sancho downed tools

With the loss of Martinez he’s been trying to hold together diarrhoea this year. Yeah signings have underwhelmed but with the fiasco above him I’m not convinced he hit exactly the ones he asked for

Unread 01-01-2024, 12:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
This

ETH definitely polished a turd last season

Then it seems he asked them to do a bit of running as well as turn up on time and the usual suspects and that utter @#%&! Sancho downed tools

With the loss of Martinez he’s been trying to hold together diarrhoea this year. Yeah signings have underwhelmed but with the fiasco above him I’m not convinced he hit exactly the ones he asked for
I tell you what, I'm getting sick and tired of people using that #@&%! as some sort of stick to beat the manager with. If you want to have a go at him about the results, fine. But lets not pretend that Sancho hasn't brought the whole situation down on himself and then compounded it by refusing to apologise for running his mouth in the media.

Because that's why he's been banished. Not because he had a bad week in training or turned up late, he's been punished because he took to social media like a jilted teenage girl and basically called the manager a liar.

As for the signings, ask yourself this - is there another club in the top 8 teams in this division who seem to rely so heavily on loan signings every year?
Closed Thread