United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-03-2020, 11:15 AM
utd99

Outers getting utterly harvested on this thread. Vvg2c.

In Ole we trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Yep, re-watched the City game last night and he put in a shift that I didn't think he was capable of. Everything from that defensive header in the first half against Otamendi to running back and helping to defend until he was subbed off.

Great game, and if he keeps putting in those sort of performances as well as getting bagging his goals then he'll make a lot of us eat our words (myself included).
Someone still needs to tell him that pressing involves a little more than generally running in the direction of the man on the ball though. Mistakes come from real pressure, not gestures. Happier with him though tbf.

Unread 10-03-2020, 12:06 PM
atticusgrinch

Interesting that playing a 6 man defence and taking the striker off for the last 20 mins is being lauded as a tactical masterclass.

Very interesting.

Unread 10-03-2020, 12:10 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Interesting that playing a 6 man defence and taking the striker off for the last 20 mins is being lauded as a tactical masterclass.

Very interesting.
That's not what happened though.

Unread 10-03-2020, 12:10 PM
BarryX

Quote:

Very interesting.
Who had the most shots?

Unread 10-03-2020, 12:18 PM
Big Norm

Quote:

Very interesting.
He replaced him with another striker who held the ball up brilliantly.

Also replaced an inexperienced defender who was getting rinsed by Mahrez so he could move a more experienced player into that position to cover, you £#%&!ing #@&%!.

Unread 10-03-2020, 12:19 PM
dragflick

Quote:

Very interesting.

[SIZE="1"]i hope.

Unread 10-03-2020, 12:58 PM
Chris Quayd

Was a five man defence though Martial was replaced by The Scottish Player not Ighalo. I think for many the key difference is that these tactics are a stop gap as we transition to becoming a more aggressive, more dominant team. Under Mou these tactics were the end point and how he wanted us to play. Can’t lose the ball if you don’t have it.

Unread 10-03-2020, 01:10 PM
ZiggyStardust

I’m ok with a defensive 5 at the back and only 28% possession at home against the likes of city and Liverpool this season but by the end of next season that won’t be acceptable
Don’t need to dominate possession but we really need to have at least 40% of the ball at home even against a Pep team

One of the big things Ole need to do is to get our team comfortable passing the ball out even when pressed
Ever since Pep introduced this modern era of high press even under Fergie we never got to grips with it

Unread 10-03-2020, 01:14 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I’m ok with a defensive 5 at the back and only 28% possession at home against the likes of city and Liverpool this season but by the end of next season that won’t be acceptable
Don’t need to dominate possession but we really need to have at least 40% of the ball at home even against a Pep team

One of the big things Ole need to do is to get our team comfortable passing the ball out even when pressed
Ever since Pep introduced this modern era of high press even under Fergie we never got to grips with it
sheff utd did a much better job against it tbh

Unread 10-03-2020, 01:26 PM
Bunker Buster

It lasted a £#%&!ing day and the worms are back...

Unread 10-03-2020, 01:26 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
He replaced him with another striker who held the ball up brilliantly.

Also replaced an inexperienced defender who was getting rinsed by Mahrez so he could move a more experienced player into that position to cover, you £#%&!ing #@&%!.
You know The Scottish Player replaced Martial right?

Unread 10-03-2020, 01:37 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
It lasted a £#%&!ing day and the worms are back...
Scum. Sub human scum.

Unread 10-03-2020, 01:57 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
It’s not the stats, I just don’t like seeing the opposition having the ball all the time on our own pitch
i dont get this neg towards ole. Fergie did the same with the great arsenal sides. sit deep hit them on the counter.

Jose was playing this way against shite thats the issue for me

Unread 10-03-2020, 02:00 PM
atticusgrinch

I've got no problem with the way the game was played btw. Ole did what he had to do to give himself the best chance of a result. All credit to him and a great result.

Would just hate to see any hypocrisy.

That would be just awful to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

[SIZE="1"]i hope.

Unread 10-03-2020, 02:08 PM
History

Quote:

Same. We had more shots at goal and more shots on target.

And, you know, won the £#%&!ing game

Couldn't give the slightest of shits what the possession stats were when the full time whistle goes.
I do remember under Van Gaal actually winning the possession league. We did £#%&! all with it most of the time.

Unread 10-03-2020, 02:11 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
I do remember under Van Gaal actually winning the possession league. We did £#%&! all with it most of the time.

Unread 10-03-2020, 02:19 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
As always on here it’s one extreme to the other from one day to the next but we should really learn to take one game at a time and see what happens at the next game but until then let’s call anyone who’s got a differing opinion and doesn’t think we’re all of a sudden one of the best teams in Europe.
Literally nobody has said that.

Absolutely everyone being positive has simply said the progress is now undeniable, and the team's heading in the right direction. There's nothing 'extreme' about it.

Unread 10-03-2020, 02:20 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
i dont get this neg towards ole. Fergie did the same with the great arsenal sides. sit deep hit them on the counter.

Jose was playing this way against shite thats the issue for me
You obviously didn’t see my previous post
I don’t have a problem with having less of the ball against a Pep team but only having 28% of the ball at home is too little
Fine this season but playing out from the back under pressure is something Ole needs to improve

We never had that little of the ball against Wenger’s Arsenal under Fergie even if we played counter attack

Unread 10-03-2020, 02:35 PM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 10-03-2020, 02:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
City first half passing from FB to CB to Keeper to FB to CB etc..
Closed Thread