United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
can't really agree with that in this case, what can fergie do if ronaldo wants to leave? Ronaldo should want to stay for all the right reasons? what we/he have achieved in the last 2 years(including the goals because of damn hard working team), the football we play, the support he has received from club/supporters, his footballing education, his teamates/friends/team spirit.

If he cannot see that he is already lost.
If Ronaldo wants to leave etc etc then you can quite easily argue that it's a failing of the management. We've given this guy everything from the number 7 shirt, fame, fortune and now a EC. If Fergie was as good as you say, he'd have rejected Madrid out of hand. Yes Ronaldo's a @#%&! but if you give him credit for managing Eric, you have to also look at why Ronaldo is going before we want him to.

Unread 06-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
If Ronaldo wants to leave etc etc then you can quite easily argue that it's a failing of the management. We've given this guy everything from the number 7 shirt, fame, fortune and now a EC. If Fergie was as good as you say, he'd have rejected Madrid out of hand. Yes Ronaldo's a @#%&! but if you give him credit for managing Eric, you have to also look at why Ronaldo is going before we want him to.
Its not always that simple. You can tell by the way him and Fergie act around each other etc that they'res alot of respect/fondness there.

You fail to mention that the player in this case could well be just being, you know, a @#%&!.

Unread 06-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Smeggs

Quote:
i never said he was a good man manager, he's had his blips and he certainly fancies himself as one (see the gazza story) but just in this case i think his hands are tied. He came out with the angry statements about madrid and thier actions plus all the sit him in the stands stuff. I suppose it all comes down to the one view we all share and thast is if the boy doesn't want to play for us anymore then there is little we can do as a club but sell..

i'm still optimisitc we can keep him.

Unread 06-06-2008, 11:36 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
This has to be the worst case of anti-Fergie I have ever seen.

He's always said he wants to play for Madrid, and he wants to now, simple as. Nothing Fergie can do to change that.

Unread 06-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
The only reason Ronaldo has any inclination to stay would be because of SAF. He's said so himself..

Unread 06-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Its not always that simple. You can tell by the way him and Fergie act around each other etc that they'res alot of respect/fondness there.

You fail to mention that the player in this case could well be just being, you know, a @#%&!.
His @#%&!ishness is Ferguson's fault. You can not argue with the logic that TS is using. It is infallible. If Fergie is such a great man-manager then no-one would ever want to leave. They would probably also accept 10% of their wages, donate the rest to charity, and ask for Fergie's permission to use the bathroom.

Unread 06-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
This has to be the worst case of anti-Fergie I have ever seen.

He's always said he wants to play for Madrid, and he wants to now, simple as. Nothing Fergie can do to change that.
I agree. It's shockingly bad from sniffer. How anyone with half a brain can blame ferguson for this circus is beyond me. Your posts have been improving over the past couple of months and you have left your anti-Ferguson diatribes off the forum as you realised we could be on the cusp of something special. It turns out we were. You are now back to this %@#$&!s again.

You are a clown sometimes.

Unread 06-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Withers

Quote:

I think it's stretching credibility a bit to suggest Ferguson is at fault if he goes. One of Ferguson's greatest strengths has been his ability to foster loyalty to the club from his players. Just because he may fail for once isn't a sign he has lost the ability to do so.

Unread 06-06-2008, 11:43 AM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
How anyone with half a brain can blame ferguson for this circus is beyond me. Your posts have been improving over the past couple of months and you have left your anti-Ferguson diatribes off the forum as you realised we could be on the cusp of something special. It turns out we were. You are now back to this %@#$&!s again.

You are a clown sometimes.
Yep, I've always said this about him but Sniffer can act up as well.

Unread 06-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Yep, I've always said this about him but Sniffer can act up as well.
Forgot who I was responsing to for a minute!

Sorry MUFC. Sniffer- you're the @#%&!

Unread 06-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Spiffy

Firstly, I've not said at any stage it is Fergie's fault if he goes. Go and read my posts again, in everyone I've stated I think Ronaldo is a @#%&!.

All I said is can we now put to bed the myth that Fergie is this great man-manager. Surely if he's that good he'd have been able to keep Ronaldo happy, after all we've given him everything he could hope for.

To clarify, Ronaldo is a @#%&! for this not Fergie. It is not Fergie's fault he wants to go.

HTH.

Unread 06-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Firstly, I've not said at any stage it is Fergie's fault if he goes. Go and read my posts again, in everyone I've stated I think Ronaldo is a @#%&!.

All I said is can we now put to bed the myth that Fergie is this great man-manager. Surely if he's that good he'd have been able to keep Ronaldo happy, after all we've given him everything he could hope for.

To clarify, Ronaldo is a @#%&! for this not Fergie. It is not Fergie's fault he wants to go.

HTH.
Thats just far too cut and dry.

You sound like you live by that 'love and fear' scene from Donnie Darko.

Unread 06-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Sloane

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Van-N...er-23080.shtml

i didnt know that!

Unread 06-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Smeggs

all these ruud comments...strange.

i thought they couldn't stand each other, and now ronaldo wants to go and play with him (and not pass to him)....

Unread 06-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
embarrassing tittle-tattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/i-want-to-play-for-real-says-ronaldo-if-the-price-is-right-841272.html
much the same, though slightly better presented

and likewise the Guardian piece, which I gave up reading.

how cleverly they've written it to fit

why do these people insist on saying "so and so will be mad about this and that"?

where have they got this fact from that Ronaldo has blocked Ferguson visiting their training camp btw? when did Ferguson say he was going to?

oh yeah, that's right I remember now, he visited Ronaldo at the height of the media %@#$&!s following the last World Cup.

somebody please tell me how "Ronaldo says he wants to play for Real Madrid" is news. give me a £#%&!ing break ffs. are these @#%&!s gonna run this story every day?

Unread 06-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Sloane

go on marca website and translate it. it says him and real have agreed terms??

Unread 06-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Sparky***

I think a few on here have to get their heads around a few things...

1) We will not be getting £75/80million for Ronaldo. It just won't happen. If we get £50million I'll be surprised. And if we get it all at once, I'll be shocked.

2) The best player in the world playing in the English League, When did that last happen in modern day football? It doesn't. We have the most popular league for spectators which generates the most money, but in terms of the best players in the world - for whatever reasons - Spain and Italy always seem to be more attractive to the Latin players. I always knew we'd have a job on keeping Ronaldo after he started to fulfil his potential.

It's actually something quite remarkable that We've managed to tot up the same amount of European Cups as Spain and Italy given how they've always had best players at their peak.

3) We will not be signing Kaka or Benzema as a replacement for Ronaldo. We'll end up with Berbatov or Santa Cruz more likely.

Unread 06-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
That is piss poor - you're assuming a. Ronaldo's off and b. It's managerial. Premature.

Ferguson has been a superb man manager over a generation and if you don't expect him to have some spats with big money earning egos over 22 £#%&!ing years then you are on another planet.

Unread 06-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
go on marca website and translate it. it says him and real have agreed terms??
can't be arsed

but Terra say Ronaldo says he will join Real if the money they are talking about is true

which equals Real and Ronaldo agree terms

but equally, it doesn't make it newsworthy.

when it says United and Real agree terms, or United place Ronaldo on the transfer market/refuse Ronaldo's request for a transfer, well then it will be transfer news worth reporting

Unread 06-06-2008, 02:15 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

Is Ronaldo really going to retire?
Closed Thread