United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 25-08-2022, 10:35 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Course they do mate, that's why the Premier league academy coaches I know are up and down the country all week.....

Didn't they know they could just stay at home....
Didnt say they stay at home but clubs definitely use the stats in the game database as FM has it's own group of 'scouts' all around the world.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-scouting-tool

Happy reading.

Unread 25-08-2022, 10:44 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Didnt say they stay at home but clubs definitely use the stats in the game database as FM has it's own group of 'scouts' all around the world.

Happy reading.
Article is 9 years old

Which clubs are using Prozone recruitment right now.?

Unread 25-08-2022, 10:45 AM
NedKelly

Didn’t Moyes use FM or Fifa to scout players? No idea about FM but Fifa made a lot of wrong calls when I played it. Tipped Gotze to be better than Messi and Ronaldo iirc. Embolo was going to be better than Ibrahimovic and Aguero. Christian Benteke was going to be better than all of them.

Embarrassing calls there.

Unread 25-08-2022, 10:47 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Didn’t Moyes use FM or Fifa to scout players? No idea about FM but Fifa made a lot of wrong calls when I played it. Tipped Gotze to be better than Messi and Ronaldo iirc. Embolo was going to be better than Ibrahimovic and Aguero. Christian Benteke was going to be better than all of them.

Embarrassing calls there.
You must of bought the windy waffles DLC

Unread 25-08-2022, 10:48 AM
the heathen

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Reminds me of Nani.
Me too. Spoiler alert but I've been working on a Nantony/Nantoni jibe for some weeks now. Close to a full release. Stays on here.

Unread 25-08-2022, 10:50 AM
NedKelly

Looking at the database for fifa 13 right now out of curiosity - Wilshere was tipped to be the best rated midfielder in the world

Unread 25-08-2022, 10:52 AM
AK14

Having a left footed player cutting in from the right will make a massive difference imo

Looking forward to seeing him play for us.

Unread 25-08-2022, 10:53 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Article is 9 years old

Which clubs are using Prozone recruitment right now.?
Dunno pal, I'll write to every club and find out...

Unread 25-08-2022, 10:54 AM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 25-08-2022, 10:55 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Good luck, start at Boreham Wood...

Unread 25-08-2022, 11:13 AM
windy waffles

Quote:

Good luck, start at Boreham Wood...
Will do. Off to buy some stamps from Costco.

Unread 25-08-2022, 11:40 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:

Happy reading.
Don't know about then, but FM pay professional scouts, most tied to clubs, to compile their stats. Pro clubs use Wyscout or Sports Office for their collation and preparation of data.

Unread 25-08-2022, 11:43 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
Don't know about then, but FM pay professional scouts, most tied to clubs, to compile their stats. Pro clubs use Wyscout or Sports Office for their collation and preparation of data.
Ey up, Martin Ferguson has logged in.

Convinced then when it was claimed the club has a list of 900 right backs (and AWB was the best they could come up with) that they just done a search on FM.

Unread 26-08-2022, 03:56 PM
Dr Stranger

Unread 26-08-2022, 06:33 PM
Dr Stranger

Unread 26-08-2022, 06:39 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Unread 26-08-2022, 06:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
He’ll go to Barcelona for half that price in a year. You watch.

Unread 26-08-2022, 06:44 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
If they didn’t wait till after the whole world found out they were desperate , after they big for arnautovic and Rabiot , they could have got him earlier and cheaper

Unread 26-08-2022, 06:49 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well at least we'll have got a season out of him.

Unread 26-08-2022, 06:56 PM
Curtis

Ajax have an amount they need to generate from player sales each season. Once they've reached that amount, they will become incredibly reluctant to sell anyone they see as a key player. It's first come first serve with clubs like this.
If we hadn't f***ed about for so long at the start f the window, we could have had him and Martinez for under 60 mill. The club arrogantly assumed it would be easy and ended up paying a post budget premium for Martinez. There's almost no way Ajax will sell us Antony now. They have already sold way past what they needed to.

The truly embarrassing part is that any half competent recruitment department would have known this and gone for those targets right off the bat. I'd hazard a guess Ten Hag will have told them all about this. It's probably the basis for a lot of his frustration.