United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 29-09-2018, 02:58 PM
dunk

2nd highest wage bill in the World, worst start to a season since 1989.

Wow. If only we backed the manager

Unread 29-09-2018, 03:03 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
2nd highest wage bill in the World, worst start to a season since 1989.

Wow. If only we backed the manager
Highest wage bill, worst start since 1889?

Unread 29-09-2018, 03:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Highest wage bill, worst start since 1889?
We can but dream..

Unread 29-09-2018, 03:08 PM
messhead

Should have bought arnautovic in the summer.

Unread 29-09-2018, 03:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
That’s just rewarding bad coaching and management

You can’t get rid of a squad and buy a new one for the manager so there’s no choice but to get rid of the manager doing a really shit job
It has to be that way unfortunately. Sure we'd love to turf out half the squad and get better players in but football doesn't work like that. Mourinho has to go now, it's become toxic as many predicted.

There is absolutely no excusing getting out played by pretty much every single team we face. None. Wolves, Derby and West Ham absolutely out-footballing and beating us in the space of a week.

The alarm bells should be ringing up at Glazer HQ because the top 4 is slipping away more by the week and their 100m quid champions league golden handshake is too.

Unread 29-09-2018, 03:16 PM
Mr Kaboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It has to be that way unfortunately. Sure we'd love to turf out half the squad and get better players in but football doesn't work like that. Mourinho has to go now, it's become toxic as many predicted.

There is absolutely no excusing getting out played by pretty much every single team we face. None. Wolves, Derby and West Ham absolutely out-footballing and beating us in the space of a week.

The alarm bells should be ringing up at Glazer HQ because the top 4 is slipping away more by the week and their 100m quid champions league golden handshake is too.
They don’t give a shit mate, they’ve got a £2 billion business for nothing.

Unread 29-09-2018, 03:20 PM
windy waffles

Could be 11 points behind with only seven played come 8pm.

Unread 29-09-2018, 03:21 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Could be 11 points behind with only seven played come 8pm.
They don't give a £#%&! how far off top we are. How far off top 4 is another matter.

Unread 29-09-2018, 03:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Should have bought arnautovic in the summer.
Should have signed a few in the summer that we didn't tbh.

Unread 29-09-2018, 03:26 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kaboom
They don’t give a shit mate, they’ve got a £2 billion business for nothing.
No self respecting business people baulk at missing out on best part of 100m quid mate. Regardless of what you think of them, missing out on top 4 hits them where they feel it.

Unread 29-09-2018, 03:28 PM
rogieop

Meanwhile Derby are 1 down to Bolton

Unread 29-09-2018, 03:30 PM
NegativeNorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Should have signed a few in the summer that we didn't tbh.
I'm glad we didn't. Why waste 100's of millions on players (like we have already) that are going to be playing for that miserable @#%&!.

I'd rather let Gary Glitter take my kids for a swim in his jacuzzi.

Unread 29-09-2018, 03:31 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Lukaku for the third game running has been the opposition's best defender
With absolutely no service or just the odd chance to snatch at. Remember when we had wingers who could cross?

Long time ago.

Unread 29-09-2018, 03:32 PM
Cream

Pointing the finger at Martial for his lack of defensive nous is a bit rich, given he was one of 2 forwards on the pitch.

Unread 29-09-2018, 03:36 PM
NegativeNorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Pointing the finger at Martial for his lack of defensive nous is a bit rich, given he was one of 2 forwards on the pitch.

Maybe we have too many attacking players on the pitch then...

Unread 29-09-2018, 03:38 PM
red in cumbria

Martial *is* a slapped arse though, its pretty much his default state. Not the ideal person you want to dig yourself out of a hole tbph.

Unread 29-09-2018, 03:42 PM
Wellinever

Default Something rotten in the state of Old Trafford!

Three best bits about today;

Lukaku, header hitting the post;

a through-ball (inside the full back) from The Scottish Player to Young;

and Rashford's goal.

That's it folks, nothing else.

I know Mourhino has a lot to answer for and so does Woodward, both think its all about them! But the players today their aptitude, never mind attitude was really poor, sloppy passing, ambling movements, failure to put in proper tackles, going through the motions half the time, yes Mourhino will go, but will the next man get anything better out of this squad, I doubt it?

Unread 29-09-2018, 03:44 PM
Stickman

Christ

Unread 29-09-2018, 03:47 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Christ
this. Utterly depressing. Thank god I live in the US and can avoid the reporting of this shite. Couldn’t cope in England atm.

Unread 29-09-2018, 03:50 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
this. Utterly depressing. Thank god I live in the US and can avoid the reporting of this shite. Couldn’t cope in England atm.
No one gives a shit. We’re a comedy interlude to the real football. I was speaking with a rabid blue before who couldnt even be arsed to take the piss.