United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 19-08-2022, 11:35 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I wouldn’t play Eriksen as a ten.
That's his position. Central or coming in from the left. He is absolutely positively not a cm in a 2 man midfield: Casemiro or no Casemiro, that's how you end up continuing the streak of getting f***ed away from home 7 times in a row. Basically half the league just taking the utter piss whenever Utd are in town. "Roll up, Come get your free points".

Either left with Bruno in the team or in front of the midfield in Bruno's usual position. He's a lot older now but used to be one of the hardest runners in the league (BSilva sort of numbers) .. him left instead of Rashford + Casemiro into the team + Varane in at CB goes a hell of a long way in helping the def issues.

Unread 19-08-2022, 11:39 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Not sure it’s that relevant who starts for Brazil, because we’re not Brazil.

Pogba starts for France, but couldn’t nail down a place in our midfield. I’m sure he’ll give Cas and Fred a go, but I hardly think he’s gone out specifically to buy Fred’s international midfield partner. It’s a nice little bonus that they’ve got experience together, and certainly could work. I’m not sure Fred offers enough going forward though.
This.

I don’t mind Fred in small doses and he has some positive attributes (tenacious, works hard, good engine), but he’s a problem wherever you put him. If he sits deep, he doesn’t have the consistency on the ball to receive the ball off the defence. Further forward and he’s limited with his final product and we simply have better players in that position.

He’s been playing deeper out of necessity, but that necessity isn’t there anymore. I’d like to see Eriksen in a deeper role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
That's his position. Central or coming in from the left. He is absolutely positively not a cm in a 2 man midfield: Casemiro or no Casemiro, that's how you end up continuing the streak of getting f***ed away from home 7 times in a row. Basically half the league just taking the utter piss whenever Utd are in town. "Roll up, Come get your free points".

Either left with Bruno in the team or in front of the midfield in Bruno's usual position. He's a lot older now but used to be one of the hardest runners in the league (BSilva sort of numbers) .. him left instead of Rashford + Casemiro into the team + Varane in at CB goes a hell of a long way in helping the def issues.
Not a 2 man midfield. Him and Cas both deep lying midfielders. Bruno ahead. Those two basically replacing McFred.

Unread 19-08-2022, 11:44 AM
jem

casemiro, fred and bruno is a lovely little group from the perspective of communication, but it's not a midfield. even throwing in eriksen wide left as well. the idea that (if) signing casemiro will give fred licence to roam is faintly repugnant. we still need to buy quality midfielders.

Unread 19-08-2022, 11:44 AM
BarryX

I'd take Varane - Casemiro - Ronaldo as a spine, this season. Can't understand how Maguire will be expected to lead them, though

Unread 19-08-2022, 11:45 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Not a 2 man midfield. Him and Cas both deep lying midfielders. Bruno ahead. Those two basically replacing McFred.
Had this conversation with the Dunce before (too many times to care to mention by now) .. but Eriksen never in his entire life (or the last one) has played a deep midfielder. Never, ever been his role. If you play Bruno, Eriksen + the front 3 in the same team you're basically willing the opposition on to come and dry £#%&! us. Casemiro alone won't solve that. Anyway bit off-topic .. lets see how it all gets on and he lines the team up

Unread 19-08-2022, 11:46 AM
Ethers

I’d love this signing to give Fred licence to roam.

Preferably to the Far East, on a 12 months backpacking holiday.

Dr Stranger

Quote:
Had this conversation with the Dunce before (too many times to care to mention by now) .. but Eriksen never in his entire life (or the last one) has played a deep midfielder. Never, ever been his role. If you play Bruno, Eriksen + the front 3 in the same team you're basically willing the opposition on to come and dry £#%&! us. Casemiro alone won't solve that. Anyway bit off-topic .. lets see how it all gets on and he lines the team up
He played there last week.

elhombre

Quote:

I lol’d

Unread 19-08-2022, 11:47 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

He’d love that too. Happy little fella.

“We’ve got a VERY special job for you…”

Unread 19-08-2022, 11:50 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Exactly my point

Unread 19-08-2022, 11:57 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Exactly my point
So not his entire life then? Cool.

We didn’t lose because Eriksen played there btw.

A few raised eyebrows, no doubt.

Unread 19-08-2022, 11:59 AM
jem

Quote:
how did that go? (clue: apparently, it's growing in popularity.)

Unread 19-08-2022, 12:01 PM
elhombre

Quote:
So not his entire life then? Cool.

We didn’t lose because Eriksen played there btw.

https://twitter.com/unitedstandmufc/...VrGiL-4PJsRpfg

A few raised eyebrows, no doubt.
He wanted to leave???

I for one am shocked

He’s on the rinse big time

Absolutely raking it in

Not surprised he wanted to leave

And Madrid are respectful you say?

They just trousered 60mil

Unread 19-08-2022, 12:08 PM
windy waffles

DDG

Dalot - Varane - Martinez - Malacia

The Big Dog - Fred

Sancho - Bruno - Eriksen

Martial ()/A Striker

Get a proper striker in and we won't be too shabby...

Unread 19-08-2022, 12:10 PM
92ToBury

Better than what we've got. We're shopping at the Europa League table at the moment, so aren't a top draw. That said, it's interesting that Chelsea are stalking us and our targets.

I don't really care who we sign for the next year or so, it's more about the owners getting out of the club as soon as possible, so we can start properly rebuilding the whole thing; ground, ethos, facilities and squad.

Unread 19-08-2022, 12:20 PM
Time For Heroes

People saying he makes the midfield instantly better (which he absolutely does) but he instantly makes our defence better too. All of our CB's look good for their previous clubs/countries and look shite when they come to us. the reason? No proper CDM in front of them. He not only fixes our midfield but he helps the defence tremendously too.

Unread 19-08-2022, 12:21 PM
Jethro

Very impressed with how Madrid have handled this. A lot of selling clubs should take note.

Unread 19-08-2022, 12:22 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
DDG

Dalot - Varane - Martinez - Malacia

The Big Dog - Fred

Sancho - Bruno - Eriksen

Martial ()/A Striker

Get a proper striker in and we won't be too shabby...
close.

get a forward to play on the left, move eriksen into the middle and bruno on the bench

Unread 19-08-2022, 12:26 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
close.

get a forward to play on the left, move eriksen into the middle and bruno on the bench
Do you not rate Bruno pal? YSHFS

Unread 19-08-2022, 12:27 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
close.

You are as obsessed with Bruno as Dunk is with DdG