United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 12-03-2023, 06:04 PM
Marvel7

Thought Casemiro was rightfully a red, can argue others haven't been sent off for similar, but those decision were wrong, this one was right.

Thought starting a midfield 2 of Bruno and Casemiro was crazy.

Thought taking off Weghorst after the red card was the wrong decision, should have hooked Sancho instead.

Petrified about the midfield for the next 4 games now, wondering if we should play all 3 of Fred, The Scottish Player and Sabitzer, no real defensive midfielder among them 3, so maybe a little protection in numbers?

Unread 12-03-2023, 06:06 PM
NedKelly

The handball was comical. How it wasn’t given I don’t know.

Unread 12-03-2023, 06:06 PM
armchair

I had the sound off and was sure var was looking at and about to award the penalty.

Unread 12-03-2023, 06:08 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Bet they don't say a thing about the decisions on MOTD tonight
What you did there, I see it.

Unread 12-03-2023, 06:26 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Weird one that.

I suppose you have to take the point in the circumstances, but at the same time, not sure you’re gonna get a better chance to win with 10 men than against the bottom team in the league, at home.

Doubt many on here will agree but not arguments about the red imo. It’s a silly tackle, clearly no malice but he’s not in control either, and any time your foot goes over the ball you’re going to be lucky to stay on.

The handball is absolutely scandalous.
Im pleased we didn't lose because on another day if it wasn't a serial bottler like theo walcott running clear through on goal from the halfway line we'd have been in trouble.

I'm very disappointed with the complete lack of any control of the game. but then that's been our problem for a long time. We don't take care of the football well enough and we have far too many players who casually give the ball away in stupid areas. It could have easily cost us today. Southampton got in at us far far too easily.

Same with Liverpool last weekend. We over commit players forward, lose the ball and suddenly we're chasing back 60 yards.

Unread 12-03-2023, 06:29 PM
Vlad the Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
I’d love to blame the officials but it’s been all our own fault.

for me the manager is to blame.

he has got too arrogant with his decisions and it’s costing us and will continue to.
You really are a £#%&!ing #@&%!.

Unread 12-03-2023, 06:30 PM
dunk

This team will continue to stall and stutter until they get another significant midfielder or 2 in. We all thought it odd starting with only Casemiro in midfield, really, and we struggled to get hold of the game and control it as a result. We’ll always offer a threat with counters and transitions, but the bottom team in the league shouldn’t be dominating the game at OT possession wise 11v11, which it feels like they were. I’d have expected Arsenal or City to still win that quite comfortably with 10 men too, not be relieved they didn’t lose.

And then there’s the issue of Casemiro now not being available, you need at least one other midfielder of the required quality so losing one is not so impactful.

It seems like they’re only looking at Bellingham or de Jong and neither want to come, so next year will be a similar story.

Unread 12-03-2023, 06:37 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
This team will continue to stall and stutter until they get another significant midfielder or 2 in. We all thought it odd starting with only Casemiro in midfield, really, and we struggled to get hold of the game and control it as a result. We’ll always offer a threat with counters and transitions, but the bottom team in the league shouldn’t be dominating the game at OT possession wise 11v11, which it feels like they were. I’d have expected Arsenal or City to still win that quite comfortably with 10 men too, not be relieved they didn’t lose.

And then there’s the issue of Casemiro now not being available, you need at least one other midfielder of the required quality so losing one is not so impactful.

It seems like they’re only looking at Bellingham or de Jong and neither want to come, so next year will be a similar story.
I agree with you on most things these days, Dunklette - but not that.

No way EtH, armed with funds, doesn't buy some class (again) this summer. It just won't happen. We'll be so much better next season*

*sounds scouse. Isn't.

Unread 12-03-2023, 06:42 PM
dunk

Based on stuff I’ve seen. GK and Striker are the main areas and are expected to take up most of the budget. A CB if they can offload Maguire.

Hampered somewhat by ffp as things stand. It’s why they’ve got an eye on Mount if he’s really cheap. Otherwise Hannibal is expected to stay and make up the numbers, not even Sabitzer.

Hannibal will be sent off every other appearance

We’ll improve nqat, but without the midfield getting sorted the lack of control will remain.

I am still £#%&!ing seething

Unread 12-03-2023, 06:43 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Based on stuff I’ve seen. GK and Striker are the main areas and are expected to take up most of the budget. A CB if they can offload Maguire.

Hampered somewhat by ffp as things stand. It’s why they’ve got an eye on Mount if he’s really cheap. Otherwise Hannibal is expected to stay and make up the numbers, not even Sabitzer.

We’ll improve nqat, but without the midfield getting sorted the lack of control will remain.
If we can offload, martial, slab, vdb , Bailey , telles . Surely there’s 70-80 million there.

Think not having to pay Ronaldos wages would have saved 15-20 million too.

I can’t remember if FFP works with income through revenue or just player sales. I’m sure we should be ok as our sponsors will supply the other 50-60 mill we need.

Bonuses finishing in the top 4, trophies etc etc I reckon we have around 80-120 million to spend. We need a minimum of a CF and CM

Unread 12-03-2023, 06:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

https://twitter.com/TenHagWay/status...649440258?s=20

I am still £#%&!ing seething
In the context of the game today, the amount we've played recently and factoring in fatigue, you'd say ok its a very bad day just take the draw.

in the context of the season we've now dropped 4 points at home to teams in the bottom 2.

Unread 12-03-2023, 06:53 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
He’s looked a bit sluggish last few matches imo.
having to play midfield all on his own doesn't help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
He's the only player in the league that has tackles reviewed on VAR. £#%&!ing %@#$&!s.
not quite true, but.... the ref saw the challenge and gave a yellow. a yellow which I thought was harsh, given that he won the ball, but... whatever. was it a clear and obvious error? was it £#%&!. it was debatable whether it was even a foul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
We now have no midfielders on the pitch.
ten hag really needs to think about his selection today.

Quote:
That’s a penalty.
no, because var can only interfere if it is a clear and obvious.... oh. it was a £#%&!ing blatant penalty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Is VAR taking the £#%&!ing piss here or what
same old same old. var, to be clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
I’d love to blame the officials but it’s been all our own fault.

for me the manager is to blame.

he has got too arrogant with his decisions and it’s costing us and will continue to.
ten hag's selection was ridiculous (if exciting). however, we dropped points because taylor and marriner were persistently awful.. from the booking of martinez, the sending off, the failure to give two penalties and every little decision around that. the officials were absolutely £#%&!ing awful.

Quote:
Nah. Next few weeks will be tough though.

No Casemiro for Fulham, Brentford, Newcastle and Everton. Could do with Sabitzer turning up sharpish.
this is what will really hurt us. we need to appeal. except we know exactly what will happen.

Unread 12-03-2023, 07:04 PM
MUFC One Love

How was the tackle on Fernandes not a penalty?

Unread 12-03-2023, 07:08 PM
Tuco

We weren't going to win after the ridiculous sub Weggy for the scotch @#%&!

Unread 12-03-2023, 07:16 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
We weren't going to win after the ridiculous sub Weggy for the scotch @#%&!
lol.

The Scottish Player is actually more a goal threat than the horse.

Unread 12-03-2023, 07:16 PM
My Name is Heath

Only caught the 2nd half

Did well not to lose.

Hate how VAR is always there when someone scores a worldle when 0.00003cm offside but cause injury in a bad tackle?

Ahhh - it’ll be fine.

Unread 12-03-2023, 07:24 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
lol.

The Scottish Player is actually more a goal threat than the horse.
Didn't say that, Weggy was pressing and hassling all the time. The Scottish Player is just utter, utter shite.

Unread 12-03-2023, 07:27 PM
jem

Quote:
Didn't say that, Weggy was pressing and hassling all the time. The Scottish Player is just utter, utter shite.
yes, but we were more likely to win by scoring.

Unread 12-03-2023, 07:29 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
yes, but we were more likely to win by scoring.
More chance of scoring when you have press. The Scottish Player only goes backwards. Hate the useless fraud.

Unread 12-03-2023, 07:32 PM
jem

Quote:
More chance of scoring when you have press. The Scottish Player only goes backwards. Hate the useless fraud.
well... he does hide in midfield (when we're not playing leeds at home). but he made good defensive headers and is useful in the other penalty area, too.