United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 02-04-2023, 06:49 PM
red in cumbria

Yeah, could do with him stepping up to the plate and all that.

Unread 02-04-2023, 06:51 PM
20LEgend1999

I was very keen on us signing him for the couple of years before we got him, and felt he'd be worth the wait.

I don't usually jump to judge a player after a few games, but very early on last season he looked worrying afraid of getting involved in any kind of challenge. Don't know if they have that in Germany, but I'd like to think he'd have adjusted to that by now. Doesn't seem up for the fight.

Unread 02-04-2023, 07:07 PM
ZiggyStardust

Needs £#%&!ing off in the summer

Complete and utter @#%&!

I can forgive a lot of things but I can’t forgive gutless cowards who aren’t up for the fight

The weakness needs to be purged from the club

Unread 02-04-2023, 07:08 PM
Sparky***

no idea why you're directing your rage at this poor @#%&! after today.

they were all shite

Unread 02-04-2023, 07:11 PM
magic_cantona

If you look at how Garnacho plays and how Sancho plays, the gulf in balls is incredible. Sancho seems to shrink 70% of the time, Garnacho is going for the throat as soon as he gets on.

I like Sancho, but wtf has happened to him?

Unread 02-04-2023, 08:29 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Course you like him. All decent minded reds will be wanting / hoping he comes good. But he’s not going to. And I didn’t like him at all today. Looked like he was trying to avoid getting kicked more than anything else.

But let’s put it this way, if he wasn’t a red would you still like him as a player? How many would be wanting him signed this summer if he’d been turning in performances like he has for say Brighton over the last 2 seasons.

Nobody.

Hasn’t worked out. Needs moving on. As do quite a few others.

Next!

Unread 02-04-2023, 09:08 PM
marlo

not surprised he is getting abuse.

one of the better players we have.

Unread 02-04-2023, 09:50 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
not surprised he is getting abuse.

one of the better players we have.
Based on potential, but so is Martial.

If they aren't available or aren't delivering, they're actually not very good.

Fernandes is great when he's delivering, but as soon as he starts throwing his hands up and moaning, he needs hooking because he's only two minutes away from becoming a liability instead.

How many good games would you say Jadon has had since he joined us?

Unread 02-04-2023, 09:51 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Based on potential, but so is Martial.

If they aren't available or aren't delivering, they're actually not very good.

Fernandes is great when he's delivering, but as soon as he starts throwing his hands up and moaning, he needs hooking because he's only two minutes away from becoming a liability instead.

How many good games would you say Jadon has had since he joined us?
he need a run in the team. he is a confidence player.

Unread 02-04-2023, 10:00 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
he need a run in the team. he is a confidence player.
We're paying him £18.2m a year, paid over £70m for him and have given him leave to go and psychologically rebuild. The lad has potential but looks uninterested, let alone lacking confidence.

Unread 02-04-2023, 11:35 PM
BigJim

To be fair to him he was bought off his performances for Dortmund and they play a totally different game. He doesn't get anywhere near the support from Shaw that he should, and when he does - like the 2nd against Fulham - he's capable of cutting a defence apart.

If a manager is going to insist on inverted wingers, the we absolutely MUST have fullbacks overlapping consistently. If they're too £#%&!ing lazy get some slimmer ones who will.

Unread 02-04-2023, 11:44 PM
Stickman

Been willing to give him a bit of time as clearly he has a football brain and is tidy - quite good in front of goal too but he’s looking less like a solution the more time passes.

What i’d give for a quick, direct winger. (that’s good before the wise crack suggestions come).

Unread 03-04-2023, 09:13 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim
To be fair to him he was bought off his performances for Dortmund and they play a totally different game. He doesn't get anywhere near the support from Shaw that he should, and when he does - like the 2nd against Fulham - he's capable of cutting a defence apart.

If a manager is going to insist on inverted wingers, the we absolutely MUST have fullbacks overlapping consistently. If they're too £#%&!ing lazy get some slimmer ones who will.
Shaw is the best left back on the planet fella. Maybe the universe. Didn't you hear?

Sancho is in danger of going into the black hole of very expensive but very shit OGS signings. Maybe try him up front?

Unread 03-04-2023, 09:14 AM
windy waffles

I think I am owed a few apologies...

Unread 03-04-2023, 09:28 AM
shenwen

Why we always signing players who just need a run in the team to be any good?

I’m torn on Sancho - want him to be great but with each match he plays it’s looking less likely.

People on here saying he was a “generational player” before we signed him. Got my hopes up. Thanks lads

Unread 03-04-2023, 09:53 AM
History

Seems a good kid, obviously tries. However, was unconvinced before we signed him and he has yet to really show anything still. Ten Hag I don't even think knows what to do with him

He's very lightweight, doesn't have great pace. Hopefully he just needs a coherent midfield behind him. The style we play, just doesn't suit him at all. But it's still down to him to get playing well. Wouldn't lose sleep if he was sold in the summer

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:14 AM
Whip Hubley

With Marlo tbh... think he needs to be starting a good run of games as he's clearly very talented.

That said, ETH clearly prefers Antony and Rashford as the wide players so is he going to get one?

Would surely have been a better option than weghorst as no10 yesterday....

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:21 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
With Marlo tbh... think he needs to be starting a good run of games as he's clearly very talented.

That said, ETH clearly prefers Antony and Rashford as the wide players so is he going to get one?

Would surely have been a better option than weghorst as no10 yesterday....
I agree he’s very talented, but it’s a crucial time of the season and arguably not the time to be easing players in. Antony was our main threat yesterday and we looked worse when he came off. Not saying we were playing great prior, but the difference was obvious and we created nothing when that sub was made.

Rashford, despite being poor/looking like he’s carrying something, has been our best player in attack this season too, so it makes sense why he played. That said, I think either he or Weghorst should have been taken off for Sancho instead.

If it was the start of the season then I’d be all for letting Sancho have a run of games, but right now we can’t really afford to do it if he’s going to take several matches to start delivering.

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:26 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I agree he’s very talented, but it’s a crucial time of the season and arguably not the time to be easing players in. Antony was our main threat yesterday and we looked worse when he came off. Not saying we were playing great prior, but the difference was obvious and we created nothing when that sub was made.

Rashford, despite being poor/looking like he’s carrying something, has been our best player in attack this season too, so it makes sense why he played. That said, I think either he or Weghorst should have been taken off for Sancho instead.

If it was the start of the season then I’d be all for letting Sancho have a run of games, but right now we can’t really afford to do it if he’s going to take several matches to start delivering.
This has been a constant in nearly every game he plays. He stretched defences and keeps defenders busy. At one point yesterday Newcastle had three men on him, but no-one making runs into whatever space they left behind. For all the criticism he gets, defenders don't like him on the ball. Not sure they are so arsed when Sancho receives the ball and stops for a look around.

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:27 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

Don't disagree, in which case we certainly need to keep hold for another season