United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-08-2009, 08:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
I've made my mind up that Nani has a lot of improving to do. I'm guessing it's an opinion which Fergie shares, given how he was relegated to a bit part last season except for in the Carling Cup and FA Cup early rounds.

It will take more than a couple of decent showings in pre-season to convince me that Nani is worthy of a place in the first 11.

Today he still failed to delivery from wide positions when given the opportunity.

And by the way, it's YOU that keeps bringing up Ronaldo mate, so I'm guessing it's you that has the unresolved issues with his move.
In fairness to Nani and delivering from Wide area's, most of the time there is no £#%&!er to deliver to, and he has to check and wait for some £#%&!er to get in the box and support. Happened 2 or 3 times today.

Unread 09-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I've made my mind up that Nani has a lot of improving to do. I'm guessing it's an opinion which Fergie shares, given how he was relegated to a bit part last season except for in the Carling Cup and FA Cup early rounds.

It will take more than a couple of decent showings in pre-season to convince me that Nani is worthy of a place in the first 11.

Today he still failed to delivery from wide positions when given the opportunity.

And by the way, it's YOU that keeps bringing up Ronaldo mate, so I'm guessing it's you that has the unresolved issues with his move

Quote:
But Nani scored a goal?!

You're meant to be saying "Who needs Ronaldo?" you spoil sport.

Let's ignore the fact that he can't/won't cross a ball and doesn't track back.

Unread 09-08-2009, 08:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Nani has dislocated his shoulder, so you won't have to moan about him for a while.
I that definite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Up to 12 weeks according to the internet.
FFS!

I was impressed with him, was working hard, always involved and carries a threat. Gutted if he is out for that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I came away from that match overall genuinely pleased but with nagging doubts over something we're just 'missing'?

That nagging doubt being a World class play making midfielder who regularly bursts forward to link up with our clever forwards.

It isn't a nagging doubt really, it's a continual worry.

Fletcher had a very good game but I thought Carrick was shit. The former did incredibly well since I thought he did the work of two men for most of the match. Was understandably overrun at times second half and could've done with a bit of help.
Spot on that. Fletcher has to be 1st choice, 1st name on the team sheet in midfield.

Crying out for some new blood in there to push the rest on.

Unread 09-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
And how many times you brought him up since? Every post "Ronaldo has gone, you need to get over it".

Ronaldo's departure - no matter how bitter it has clearly made you - has not suddenly turned Nani into a saviour. It's not like you can suddenly confer this exhalted status on him without him doing anything to deserve it.

He is still the same talented, yet frustrating show-off he was last season, when it was general consensus that his game had gotten WORSE since his debut season.

That is something you need to deal with. You've got 6 - 12 weeks to do so, by the looks of it.

Unread 09-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Whalefish

One more player in and I'll be happy. However, it's looking likely Fergie can't or won't add any one else so it's just wishful thinking on my part.

Have to accept that with the two young keepers there'll be the odd mistake and I'm confident either one will do well enough until VDS returns. Next Summer Utd will definitely sign a new keeper though.

Unread 09-08-2009, 08:34 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
One more player in and I'll be happy. However, it's looking likely Fergie can't or won't add any one else so it's just wishful thinking on my part.

Have to accept that with the two young keepers there'll be the odd mistake and I'm confident either one will do well enough until VDS returns. Next Summer Utd will definitely sign a new keeper though.
David James is on his way out of Pompey.

No fee, right age bracket etc.

Unread 09-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
And how many times you brought him up since? Every post "Ronaldo has gone, you need to get over it".

Ronaldo's departure - no matter how bitter it has clearly made you - has not suddenly turned Nani into a saviour. It's not like you can suddenly confer this exhalted status on him without him doing anything to deserve it.

He is still the same talented, yet frustrating show-off he was last season, when it was general consensus that his game had gotten WORSE since his debut season.

That is something you need to deal with. You've got 6 - 12 weeks to do so, by the looks of it.
we could go round and round like this all night tbf.

I'm not one to lavish praise where it isn't deserved, anyone who's read more than 2 of my matchday posts will tell you this.

Nani isn't "a saviour". But he gets a hell of a lot of stick from some supporters (some of it justified). I was judging him by this pre season in which he has been one of our better performers. He scored a good goal today and I was just trying to focus on the positive, that's all.

Gutted about his injury, he probably feels crushed now. All that confidence will have been knocked out of him.

I am tired of reading that we're doomed without ronaldo - that we can't possibly achieve anything near success without him. (not saying you said this mate, but in the media etc).

Unread 09-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

Unread 09-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Whalefish

Quote:

Is he?

Where's that been mentioned?

Unread 09-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:

He's 39 ffs

Unread 09-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
He's 39 ffs
I'd be more concerned about the fact that he's shit, tbh.

Unread 09-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
I'd be more concerned about the fact that he's shit, tbh.
And that, I was just querying the "right age" bit.

Unread 09-08-2009, 08:41 PM
RedMenace

Apparently they're not sure it is a dislocated shoulder for Nani. Going for a scan tomorrow to assess the full extent etc.

Unread 09-08-2009, 08:42 PM
wiganste

I thought it was a very entertaining game between two excellent teams - one a footballing side, the other a machine, robotic yet effective team.

I was pleased with our performance. Dominated the first half and should have scored 3 or 4. Rooney & Berbs linked well, Park & Nani caused problems and we were solid at the back (1st half at least)

2nd half, Chelsea had a go and if it wasn't for sloppy defending for the first goal and terrible refereeing/goalkeeping for the second, we would have won the game comfortably

Remember, this is just a pre season game and it means absolutely £#%&! all.

Unread 09-08-2009, 08:42 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
He's 39 ffs
Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo oooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo sh!!!!

ffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez

Unread 09-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I thought it was a very entertaining game between two excellent teams - one a footballing side, the other a machine, robotic yet effective team.

I was pleased with our performance. Dominated the first half and should have scored 3 or 4. Rooney & Berbs linked well, Park & Nani caused problems and we were solid at the back (1st half at least)

2nd half, Chelsea had a go and if it wasn't for sloppy defending for the first goal and terrible refereeing/goalkeeping for the second, we would have won the game comfortably

Remember, this is just a pre season game and it means absolutely £#%&! all.
Word Ste.

I'm trying to be positive mate but I'm not very good at it.

captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Apparently they're not sure it is a dislocated shoulder for Nani. Going for a scan tomorrow to assess the full extent etc.
Relatively good news.

Billy Bigbollox

[quote=magic_cantona;1633292]Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo oooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo sh!!!!

ffs

Sorry, sarcasm doesn't come across well on the internet

Unread 09-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Sandman

Quote:

A creative central midfielder. But who have you seen who is a well rounded and creative player, the only one i can think of is Kacar. The other options for a creative midfielder couldn't play in a 4-4-2.

Unread 09-08-2009, 08:45 PM
magic_cantona

[quote=Billy Bigbollox;1633296]
Quote:
Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo oooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo sh!!!!

ffs

Sorry, sarcasm doesn't come across well on the internet
No £#%&!ing shit.

Closed Thread