United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Tumescent Throb

anonymous says

[url]http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/early-doors/fergie-dead-wrong-glazers-080033524.html[url]

how does saying that the majority of [real] fans can see that being in bed with the finance industry isn't affecting United's capacity to compete at the top of the sport equate to saying if you don't like the glazers you're not a real fan?

what a stupid comment

it's like people don't understand that majority does not mean everybody

Unread 23-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Zorg

Probably already posted but I'm going in:

http://www.unitedrant.co.uk/latest/s...eing-real-fan/

Quote:
In fact, this definition is news to Rant for one reason only: we have always believed that it is none of Ferguson’s business, no matter all the silverware and glory he has garnered over the past quarter-century, to define what a ‘fan’ is. Not least because many of the most loyal fans have remained deeply enraged by the Glazer takeover, despite Ferguson’s support of the family these past seven years.

Unread 23-07-2012, 02:37 PM
The Watcher

Talking

Love 'Rant' tbh. It's not up to much when United are doing well and it saw a huge drop in quality when they let a load of new people to start writing for it, but this sort of shit brings the best out of it.

Unread 23-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
It was also news to United Rant, having previously failed to realise that the key tenet of being a Manchester United fan is not, as many believe, supporting the team – home, away, in good times and bad – but obsequious sycophancy towards carpetbagging, tax-dodging, profiteers.
blimey, he's touched a nerve there hasn't he

doesn't alter the fact that the majority of supporters do recognise that the performance on the field has not been adversely affected by the glazer ownership.

to suggest it has is ludicrous, since the club actually enjoyed its most successful period of sustained success in its entire history between 2006 and 2011. this isn't an opinion, it's reality.

you can say that's because of or in spite of anything you like. but you can't really deny it.

we appear currently to be in a period not dissimilar to 01/02 to 05/06 and it remains to be seen how we stand up to the test. one thing is absolutely for certain though, and that is that all failures will be gleefully added to the rant narrative.

fwiw it's a bit disappointing to see the new openness of the tax-dodging element so matter-of-factly added to a list of far less important and far less significant items on the crime sheet.

Unread 23-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

doesn't alter the fact that the majority of supporters do recognise that the performance on the field has not been adversely affected by the glazer ownership.

to suggest it has is ludicrous, since the club actually enjoyed its most successful period of sustained success in its entire history between 2006 and 2011. this isn't an opinion, it's reality.

you can say that's because of or in spite of anything you like. but you can't really deny it.

we appear currently to be in a period not dissimilar to 01/02 to 05/06 and it remains to be seen how we stand up to the test. one thing is absolutely for certain though, and that is that all failures will be gleefully added to the rant narrative.

fwiw it's a bit disappointing to see the new openness of the tax-dodging element so matter-of-factly added to a list of far less important and far less significant items on the crime sheet.
Ah, but

Unread 23-07-2012, 03:03 PM
irk

Quote:
Have you even read what Ferguson said? deary me.
yup, and I've just read it again. I still don't know what you're on about.

Unread 23-07-2012, 03:03 PM
Tumescent Throb

Unread 23-07-2012, 04:09 PM
utd99

Quote:
Ergo, they wanted Eden Hazard and ended up with Shinji Kagawa.
We bid for Kagawa before we bid for Hazard. To suggest that SK is some kind of runner-up prize is just incorrect and disengenous. And who is this person to suggest they know how each will impact the Premier league, mystic Meg? Hazard was player of the year in France, Kagawa was player of the year in Germany.

Cass is a £#%&!ing toady who got slagged off by Ferguson on you-tube last year and seemingly is going to step up his sycophancy to ensure it never happens again.

Ferguson is a managerial genius who absolutely hates being questioned on anything, and will turn aggressive and dismissive the moment it happens. Similar in ways to to Dalglish and Strachan, but with oceans more credibility.

It's sometimes amusing to us when he turns nasty to reporters such as the incident last year when one guy had the temerity to broach the subject of United struggling in Europe, treating the guy with utter distain and walking out on the interview. Weeks later we were out of the CL, and months later Fergie was addressing the specifics of why we struggled in Europe. Hypocritical? Maybe, but then the same accusation could be levelled at us when we smile at the way he treats reporters only to be aghast when he pulls the same stunt on us. Did anyone else pick up on the "well they can wait" comment when told of fan's concerns about the length of time between marquee signings?

Everyone has good and bad aspects. This to me is Fergie's bad. It stood us in good stead when he was establishing the 'us against the world' policy back in the 90's, but make no mistake he can turn against his friends just as quickly.

Unread 23-07-2012, 05:12 PM
MUFC One Love

Thumbs down

£#%&!ing hell, Throb definitely works for Joel and the boys.

Unread 23-07-2012, 06:17 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
£#%&!ing hell, Throb definitely works for Joel and the boys.
oh hey up, it's mr perpetually bewildered himself

Unread 23-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Frayzee

Quote:

Wtf

Unread 23-07-2012, 10:12 PM
utd99

Quote:
not at all. I'm just saying I find his jibes quite amusing. soz
I would find it amusing too if it weren't for the subtle spitefulness of it.

I've met Fergie a couple of times in a semi private setting, and I have to say he has never been anything other than congenial, humble and warm. Having said that, at no point did I ever feel comfortable straying from generic conversation. He gives the impression that there is a Mr Hyde lurking just out of sight, waiting for the wrong word.

Truthfully, the meat of his comments are really not open for debate. If this is the way he views things and he's being sincere then none of us are really in a position to say he's wrong. He knows the inside, we don't. He has opinions, same as us, and opinions are just that, an individuals own interpretation.

It's just that I don't get the need for the "real fans" jibe. So if a ST holder follows the team all over England and Europe, yet thinks that the Glazer ownership is not a positive thing and worries about it's effect on the team, what does that make him?

Unread 23-07-2012, 10:38 PM
Tumescent Throb

The problem Utd99 is that just about everybody who has oh so predictably jumped on this latest Ferguson poke has chosen to ignore one key word, that word being "majority".

He hasn't said that anyone who supports United and hates glazer isn't a real fan. He said that the majority of real fans can see that the ownership hasn't stopped united being successful on the field.

We all know full well that he's really only talking about a very small minority of people who refuse to acknowledge United's continued success on the field, and prefer instead - 7 years on - to continue to predict the demise of the team.

As for what a real fan is? £#%&! knows, cus when it suits United they're happy enough to kiss the arses of their 'loyal supporters' all over the globe. This is another phenomenon that isn't exactly new though. Thank the £#%&!ing lord that there wasn't 24 hour news, £#%&!ing pointless televised news conferences and ridiculous levels of scrutiny and criticism of the most trivial load of old nonsense all the time in the 70s and 80s. You've got #@&%!heads on here slating the presence of Powell at the recent news conference ffs, and never stopping for one second to see what utter morons they are to have watched it and to have thought anything more of it than that we've signed some bloke or other and hope that he turns out to be decent. That's the world we live in though. Everyone thinks they understand the media. Everyone thinks they know best. Everyone is determined to show that they can't be led. And yet...

It's funny that every time Ferguson speaks about the owners it makes national headlines btw. Why is that? Does anyone ever think to question the motives of that? I mean after all, it's not as if we don't already know that he is happy with the way he is allowed to conduct team affairs is it now... Oh yes, Ferguson was speaking to the minority alright. And my oh my they don't like it one bit. And that's what makes me laugh. Good old Fergie

Unread 23-07-2012, 10:45 PM
red @rmy

Cool

Unread 23-07-2012, 10:50 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
just because this is the centre of your world you £#%&!ing gobshite...
Love it when non swearers..............erm swear.

Unread 23-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Love it when non swearers..............erm swear.
well. the bloke's just a £#%&!ing #@&%!. comes out with all the Big I am shit on an internet forum. grow up you little £#%&!er (not you red army)

Unread 23-07-2012, 10:56 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
well. the bloke's just a £#%&!ing #@&%!. comes out with all the Big I am shit on an internet forum. grow up you little £#%&!er (not you red army)
It's transfer season.

Like a british bulldog everyman for himself frenzy, Until the first game of the season.

Unread 23-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Arse seen.

Due another hiatus soon pal?

Unread 23-07-2012, 11:07 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Arse seen.

Due another hiatus soon pal?
Yes john. Okay john. Whatever you say john. just stick to predicting the demise of the team john.

Unread 23-07-2012, 11:13 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Yes john. Okay john. Whatever you say john. just stick to predicting the demise of the team john.
My name isn't John, Tumescent.
Closed Thread