United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-12-2021, 12:01 AM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
good game.

a team made up of the players who haven’t had much football.
we didn’t embarrass ourselves and we are on a 5 game unbeaten run....
i won’t even say what triggered it but it’s good to be in thus position.

even under saf our 2nd string/ youngsters are we’re getting ran ragged in the dead rubber group games.
chris eagles , Colin Heath and Jonathan Spector and them.

I’m happy with everything right now. I just wish rashford played today he shouldn’t be in our “rested stars” group.
yep, acceptable given the team and circumstances

Unread 09-12-2021, 12:01 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
good game.

a team made up of the players who haven’t had much football.
we didn’t embarrass ourselves and we are on a 5 game unbeaten run....
i won’t even say what triggered it but it’s good to be in thus position.

even under saf our 2nd string/ youngsters are we’re getting ran ragged in the dead rubber group games.
chris eagles , Colin Heath and Jonathan Spector and them.

I’m happy with everything right now. I just wish rashford played today he shouldn’t be in our “rested stars” group.
Never played a game for us pal. Played okay for Antwerp on loan, but never made it into our first team.

That aside, what are your thoughts on Martial? Bags of talent, poor attitude or do you reckon he'll come good?

Unread 09-12-2021, 12:06 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Christ that was dull.

I like Amad and Mengi. Elanga got bullied, more to come from him though. Lingard a disgrace. DvdB meh. Mata means well. Matic was either exuding calm authority or batshit mental and Mason took his goal brilliantly and looked to be trying to make something happen whenever he got on the ball. Lack of zip and energy throughout tbf. The rest should hang their heads. A chance to play and impress the new manager and that’s what you bring to the table. Ffs.

Delighted for Iqbal and Savage.
Pretty much this.

Unread 09-12-2021, 12:16 AM
MagnificentSeven

drawing in a dead rubber with a team mostly made up of kids and benchwarmers. can't say I'll lose too much sleep over it. there was a few encouraging signs there tonight.

Unread 09-12-2021, 12:26 AM
Bunker Buster

Matic is complete finished for pace these days, Mata looked sharper

Unread 09-12-2021, 12:37 AM
armchair

Unread 09-12-2021, 01:09 AM
Hyman_Roth

Also worth mentioning our support. The grimmest night in history - pissing down, freezing, gales and pitch dark, a couple of weeks before Christmas, the roads around GM an absolute right off and a dead rubber match in which everyone knows he’s playing the 3rd team and the place is practically full.

City play Barca at home in the knock out stages and they’re giving 30 free tickets a time to school kids.

Unread 09-12-2021, 01:41 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Never played a game for us pal. Played okay for Antwerp on loan, but never made it into our first team.

That aside, what are your thoughts on Martial? Bags of talent, poor attitude or do you reckon he'll come good?
I meant that era of players. Not that specific one.
I could have sworn Colin got a game at ot. I maybe be wrong though
I followed that group of players closely because they were my age. .

martial is dead to me. Everything about him pisses me off. his game hasn’t changed or improved since he joined and just the way his head is always looking upwards annoys me way more than it should.

Unread 09-12-2021, 03:23 AM
shenwen

Dalot will be the happiest after that game. AWB was bad. Their goal was on Donnie but look also at AWB's reaction to the pass. He was asleep.

Agree with others. Sloppy game, good to give some younger players game time and Lingard showed why he was frozen out in the first place. Needs to go in January.

Unread 09-12-2021, 08:39 AM
Patty_b

Some of that 11 definitely played themselves out of Rangnicks plans.

AWB was horrific, just bloody awful. The worst he has ever played for us. Bye. Lingard just couldn't be arsed, wouldn't be surprised if a January move has already been arranged for the £#%&!er. Bye.

Donny was a bit shit, seems to be a nice touch merchant. Will throw in the odd nice touch, but makes a lot of basic mistakes. Not sure what Matic was doing some of the time, but then he also played some really nice passes forward from the back. Never a central defender though. Shaw was anonymous other than putting that ball in for Greenwood to rescue.

Thought Greenwood was great and Amad did well too, even moreso when you realise that he was having to play with AWB supporting him the whole time. Thought Henderson looked competent, wasn't really anything he could do about their goal but kept hold of a few difficult balls and was sweeping well until the players started dropping back under pressure from Young Boys.

Only thing to take out of the game would be that AWB and Lingard should not be here by the end of January.

Unread 09-12-2021, 08:42 AM
Drexl

Funny game last night.

I think it put paid to my idea that quality footballers can theoretically play any position. Mata was probably megged last night more times than the rest of his career combined

Savage's lad only getting 2 touches

Unread 09-12-2021, 08:52 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Think people are saying that the experienced players who got a chance don’t deserve to get in the first team

Which you’d agree with having watched it?
the players like ? bailly very good ? matic wrong position not played in weeks .. mata ok going for ward has played once this season .. shaw ok awb not great stretchered off . beek not bad .. not entirely sure how people can assess players who havent played , itll be the same ones who openly said telles and dalot were finished based on 30 mins football in 6 months , but are now after some minutes and consistancy they want them starting every game .. players just dont switch it on if they havent played for ages ffs

Unread 09-12-2021, 08:55 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
the players like ? bailly very good ? matic wrong position not played in weeks .. mata ok going for ward has played once this season .. shaw ok awb not great stretchered off . beek not bad .. not entirely sure how people can assess players who havent played , itll be the same ones who openly said telles and dalot were finished based on 30 mins football in 6 months , but are now after some minutes and consistancy they want them starting every game .. players just dont switch it on if they havent played for ages ffs
Good ones do.

Unread 09-12-2021, 09:24 AM
Hyman_Roth

£#%&!ing hell.

I think the point is, fine for people to critique players performances last night but the question is what should people conclude from those performances.
I’d say somewhere between very little and £#%&! all.

It was an experimental side with loads of inexperienced players and players that haven’t played for ages in a pre season friendly style match.

Unread 09-12-2021, 09:29 AM
Bion

Unread 09-12-2021, 09:34 AM
NedKelly

Are the same posters who were saying it would be a good idea to rest some players for the YB game, so we could get a full week of training under our belt, now moaning because we didn’t dominate that game? A fixture we lost earlier in the season fielding a far stronger squad?

Unread 09-12-2021, 09:35 AM
Bion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
So,

PSG
Salzburg
Inter
Sporting
Benfica
Athletics Madrid.

I’ll take anyone other than PSG or AM out of that lot, please.
You don't want sporting
Trust Me

In his very first season at the club, Amorim led Sporting to win their first title since 2001/02.

Just as impressive was the dominant way they did it, losing just one match out of 34, while conceding only 20 goals.

Amorim doubled this up by leading Sporting to win the Portuguese Cup too.

The success was even more impressive considering this was a side who had finished fourth the year before he took over, 22 points behind Porto, and just lost star player Bruno Fernandes

Unread 09-12-2021, 09:36 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Are the same posters who were saying it would be a good idea to rest some players for the YB game, so we could get a full week of training under our belt, now moaning because we didn’t dominate that game? A fixture we lost earlier in the season fielding a far stronger squad?
No.

Unread 09-12-2021, 09:38 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
No.
Ok just checking.

Unread 09-12-2021, 09:49 AM
Bion

Bailly was probably the best last night

Closed Thread