United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 19-07-2020, 07:06 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's all very well saying that but when you've got average players on the pitch like James, Fred, Bailly etc it doesn't really help.

Brandon Williams doesn't look right to me either. He looks way off it.

No options from the full backs, nothing from midfield. Bruno trying but nobody on his wavelength.
It was always in hope and the interests of freshness and rest that that they are there, rather than anything they actually bring.

We need Pogba and Mason on asap.

elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
So poor that. Really disappointed.. get the match winners on ole come on
this

we don't have anyone on the pitch who looks like they could win the match or even score a goal.

NedKelly

Honesty think The Scottish Player could do well if he comes on. We need that physical presence in midfield. I fear Pogba would just give the ball away every time they pressed him in our defensive third.

utd99

I’d love to know if anyone’s seen anything from AWB to suggest he can play wing back. Williams is too raw to know. Good decision.

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
We’re handing them this semi. We set up with 8 defensive players out of 11, and of the remaining 3, one is in woeful form and the others a midfielder ; was it anything less than utterly, utterly predictable thst we’d have nothing going forward? These are rubbish and unless something significant changes this will be another on Ole.

De Gea is playing his way out of this club.
He’s £#%&!ing feeble. He did well at Palace, but everything asked of him was right in his wheelhouse, just what he’d prefer to do. I’ve had enough of him, he’s undermining the whole team.

Unread 19-07-2020, 07:07 PM
woody78

How are they saying that's not a foul on martial?
He's booted the back of his leg

elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Honesty think The Scottish Player could do well if he comes on. We need that physical presence in midfield. I fear Pogba would just give the ball away every time they pressed him in our defensive third.
disagree

we've got too many players like that

we need someone to actually be positive and spook chelsea...

Jack Duckworth

Quote:
We’re handing them this semi

redhegemony

Christ Almighty. De Gea was excellent against Palace Ole clearly trying to rest some players given what's coming up. We have been treading water this half. Lots of fouling.

Unread 19-07-2020, 07:08 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
It was always in hope and the interests of freshness and rest that that they are there, rather than anything they actually bring.

We need Pogba and Mason on asap.
Freshness works when you've got quality options. this isnt 2009 any more, United have the bare bones of a decent first team. That's it.

Beyond that, it's absolutely piss poor.

And, yet again, we're relying heavily on young players who have no experience

Unread 19-07-2020, 07:08 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
How are they saying that's not a foul on martial?
He's booted the back of his leg
Snide rake down the back of the ankle earlier - “oh it’s not as bad as what your eyes have just seen believe us we’re experts”

Unread 19-07-2020, 07:09 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
We’re handing them this semi. We set up with 8 defensive players out of 11, and of the remaining 3, one is in woeful form and the others a midfielder ; was it anything less than utterly, utterly predictable thst we’d have nothing going forward? These are rubbish and unless something significant changes this will be another on Ole.

De Gea is playing his way out of this club.
He's simply taken a chance with that line up. We knew he would. A lot of us would have done likewise.

The players coming in have to do more and they haven't. And the usual weaknesses in the side have shown up: Lindelof and de Gea for the goal.

No coincidence that a bully like Giroud has got nothing out of Maguire, but scores the second he goes into Lindelof.

Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Did you see the team sheet pal?
Doesn’t matter who started we’ve played like this against the best teams under Ole

It’s worked for us as we’ve got good results in those matches but we need to be better than defending deep and hitting the odd counter attack to beat teams

We need to have the game plan and confidence to impose ourselves on teams like Chelsea

We certainly have to get better at dealing with a high press

Unread 19-07-2020, 07:11 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Doesn’t matter who started we’ve played like this against the best teams under Ole

It’s worked for us as we’ve got good results in those matches but we need to be better than defending deep and hitting the odd counter attack to beat teams

We need to have the game plan and confidence to impose ourselves on teams like Chelsea

We certainly have to get better at dealing with a high press
Not with Bruno & Pogba in the side we haven’t.

Unread 19-07-2020, 07:11 PM
Sparky***

Bailly ok at half time everyone

Unread 19-07-2020, 07:13 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Freshness works when you've got quality options. this isnt 2009 any more, United have the bare bones of a decent first team. That's it.

Beyond that, it's absolutely piss poor.

And, yet again, we're relying heavily on young players who have no experience
Oh I agree. I've said elsewhere that he's taking a chance. He knows it. We know it. And we all know I'll be our 'best 11' finishing this match, probably chasing it before going 2-0 down.

If we could have held on there, I'd fancy us this half, but I don't now that we're chasing us.

You can make 1 or 2 changes, but not 5 or 6.

We know we're not the finished article and we need 4 or 5 new players. It's not really news.

Give them 10 mins. That's it, then Pogba and Mason on.

Unread 19-07-2020, 07:14 PM
redredemption77

He's finished

Fat Al

Oh just £#%&! OFF

jem

awful.