United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:18 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
The real positive for this season i suppose is that ETH is the guy to get it right. They have made improvements. Ronaldo is a big hindrance. Assuming if Martial was fit he would start ahead of him. Need to get rid , who would want/afford him?

fred needs to £#%&! off sooner, sick to the sight of him overhitting/under hitting, not playing the right pass etc. Seriously think the academy lot are worth a better bet if all that smiling #@&%! brings is pace in the midfield.
Fred killed us today. We win that game with Eriksen in there. Martial is clearly liked by ETH. Which makes his absence all the more annoying.

When he hobbled off the other day, I thought he surely Won’t be missing for long. Silly me…

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:18 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
If we had a striker we’d have won that by a few. We’re a signing away from competing. If we act in January, top 4 nailed on imo.

Onto the next one…
We’re 3 or 4 away from being a top 4 side imo. We’re far too light on quality, variety and strength in midfield and attack. And the full backs are shit.

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:19 PM
shenwen

Is that four managers now who keep starting Fred? One of life’s great mysteries.

red in cumbria

Quote:
The real positive for this season i suppose is that ETH is the guy to get it right. They have made improvements. Ronaldo is a big hindrance. Assuming if Martial was fit he would start ahead of him. Need to get rid , who would want/afford him?

fred needs to £#%&! off sooner, sick to the sight of him overhitting/under hitting, not playing the right pass etc. Seriously think the academy lot are worth a better bet if all that smiling #@&%! brings is pace in the midfield.
Well, as I said we can't £#%&!ing rely on him can we

Dr Stranger

Quote:
the keeper maybe had two actual saves to make all game?
We put our chances wide. We still created them.

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:22 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We’re 3 or 4 away from being a top 4 side imo. We’re far too light on quality, variety and strength in midfield and attack. And the full backs are shit.
i hate shaw as much as the next guy , thought he was our best player today. Dalot has reverted back to type.

take eriksen out the team and we create £#%&! all.

bring him into the team and nobody can finish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
its not sustained, they made them both near the end and #@&%!ed them up. 2 chances across 90 isnt great for manchester united,

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:24 PM
Bunker Buster

We created 11 chances you mad man ...

It's in the stats from the match...

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:26 PM
Hyman_Roth

Didn’t think we created many chances at all. Thought we were inept and unambitious. Poor quality in every position. Upfront just hopeless.

Dreadful. Worst game for ages.

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:27 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Seriously, saves/shots on target can quite often be a rather misleading stat.

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:27 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
We created 11 chances you mad man ...

It's in the stats from the match...
actual chances in which they should have scored. i dont count fred hitting it wide from outside the box as a chance. it then gets subjective to whats a chance, saying everytime antony crossed the ball is a chance despite more often than not he never found his man

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:28 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
actual chances in which they should have scored. i dont count fred hitting it wide from outside the box as a chance. it then gets subjective to whats a chance, saying everytime antony crossed the ball is a chance despite more often than not he never found his man
No they aren't chances youre correct ..

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:29 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
No they aren't chances youre correct ..
i count them as situations in which they should atleast test the keeper or should have scored. collectively the keeper had about two saves to make and they should have scored twice on two other occasions

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:31 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
like i said it gets objective, i count them as situations in which they either tested the keeper or should have scored.

rashfords header - chance
Fred's miss from rashford rounding keeper - chance

You can't just say we were shit and didn't create anything....

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:32 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

rashfords header - chance
Fred's miss from rashford rounding keeper - chance

You can't just say we were shit and didn't create anything....
thats fine, you can accept and find it suitable for manchester united to create two chances all game.

you can add on brunos header in the first half, and maybe freds header .

4 chances for man utd at home to newcastle

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:33 PM
armchair

A draw is ok. They drew 3-3 with city. They could've scored first half and we should've had two penalties and a couple of other goals second-half. Glad it's over tbh.

jem

fred's was a chance, unless you are as a blind as he is.

NedKelly

We’re a work in progress. We knew this going into the season. I’ll revise my earlier post - we’re 2 signings away from comfortably getting top 4. If we can bring in a forward and a midfielder in January we will be in a much more comfortable position. Having to rely on Fred when Eriksen is out is only going to lead to misery, as he happens to be shit; it’s no coincidence that the Brazil NT are in the worst state I’ve seen them in during my lifetime with him as a starter.

Then next summer we sign Declan Rice, Harry Kane and maybe a fullback = we win the league. It’s simple mathematics.

Bunker Buster

Quote:
thats fine, you can accept and find it suitable for manchester united to create two chances all game.
We didn't create two chances

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:34 PM
dunk

A shot doesn’t equal a chance tbh.

Antony hitting the keeper, Rashford’s header and the Fred one are the chances.

A couple of shit balls to an uncoordinated and horribly slow Ronaldo were almost chances.

It’s not enough. Newcastle defended really well though, tbf.

Unread 16-10-2022, 04:35 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
We didn't create two chances
im literally going off what you posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
fred's was a chance, unless you are as a blind as he is.
im on about the one he blazed over the bar in the first half. the open goal was clearly a chance
Closed Thread