United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 17-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Spiffy

Default Re: OFFICIAL: United v Bolton thread. (Teams, links + doom)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
What's all this about balloons?

Unread 17-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It was quite obvious to see whose team had been halfway round the world playing world cup qualifiers and whose had a nice rest last week.

Giggs looked the freshest out of all our players, no surprises.
Possibly. I was very concerned with Anderson and Carrick in those 25mins. The former had a decent game but those two made things difficult for us during that spell.

Davies is a handful for any centre back (and a @#%&! to boot) but for their goal I thought our full backs didn't do themselves any justice. Neville in particular.

Unread 17-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Wafty Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I've seen him referred to as 'shit' on here plenty of times tbf.
Not seriously. Sorry, not having that.

£#%&!'s sake, I don't think he's what United need, and that we paid probably £20m too much for him, but anyone who says he's a "shit footballer" should be put down, and not necessarily humanely.

He is improving this season though, I would very much like to have my mind changed, he needs to score a lot more goals though. This will sound rather ironic on a day when Owen blocked one which was probably going in, and Jaskelaainen made a great save from him in the second half (if he'd miskicked it the way he did at Wigan he'd probably have scored again

£#%&! me though, Owen was shite today. Awful.

Unread 17-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Was that a liverpool supporter who knocked the balloon in?

Unread 17-10-2009, 05:10 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafty Crank
Not seriously. Sorry, not having that.
Yes, seriously. I wouldn't take any notice of the people proffering this opinion, but they do exist.

Unread 17-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Was that a liverpool supporter who knocked the balloon in?
yup - it as a Liverpool crest on it & everything

Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I'll come down to the pub.
I thought you meant people on here. Not numpties in real life. Most fans don't know shit so it wouldn't surprise me at all.
Well I'm pretty sure I've seen people call him shit on here too tbh, but I had other people in mind from real life. You know the type, ones who think a good footballer doesn't need much skill as long as he clenches his fist and shouts 'come on' a lot when the camera's on him. A couple of @#%&!s in the pub where i was watching the Sunderland match the othe week were ranting on about Berbatov being 'complete shit'. Then he scored that goal and it was 'only Sunderland'.

Wafty Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Sigh.

I've had conversations with people who've described him as 'shit'. Seriously. It happened just last week, unless four of us in the pub were suffering a collective hallucination.

I can't believe these people can be so stupid.

I mean is that ok, or do you and sniffer want to come to the pub with me next week and question these #@&%!s yourselves?
No, I'd end up in the cells. People who so clearly know nothing about football should be barred from talking about it.

Can you not banjo these cretins yourself? You'd be doing the world a favour, tbh.

Unread 17-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Zorg

Quote:
anyone who says he's a "shit footballer" should be put down, and not necessarily humanely..
Couldn't agree more mate, but seriously, these people are out there

Quote:

Can you not banjo these cretins yourself? You'd be doing the world a favour, tbh.

Unread 17-10-2009, 05:18 PM
Sloppy

Unread 17-10-2009, 05:28 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Berbatov can do things with a football no one else can. He is a very good footballer. But he is inconsistent and doesn't score often enough. For £30M you'd expect the finished article, Berbie is good on his day. I appreciate Berbie didn't set the price we paid for him but he needs to play like he did today more often and against better teams to be considered a great player.
would we have spent £30m on cantona or the equivilant at the time?

berbs gives us what eric did or very very similar.

Unread 17-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
would we have spent £30m on cantona or the equivilant at the time?

berbs gives us what eric did or very very similar.
On the ball - maybe, but he's not energetic enough to be classed with Cantona. You wouldnt see Berbatov picking the ball up on the centre circle and then finishing it off a la City 2-0, 3-2 up after Galatasaray.

Unread 17-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Sloane

made hard work of that, i thought we played ok today just werent ruthless enough

Unread 17-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Brilliant

Unread 17-10-2009, 08:08 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
On the ball - maybe, but he's not energetic enough to be classed with Cantona. You wouldnt see Berbatov picking the ball up on the centre circle and then finishing it off a la City 2-0, 3-2 up after Galatasaray.
very true but he also 'gives a gift' like eric, with his touches around the box. we dont have another player like that and with owen on the pitch berbatov is exactly what we need. i'm counting this as berbs first season proper because he just didn't fit in with r4onnie in the team.

Unread 17-10-2009, 08:15 PM
MUFC One Love

Berbatov was class today. He is such a talented player. His flick to Owen to set him up was world class and he also chipped a great ball to Owen to put him in. World class bits of skill.

Unread 17-10-2009, 08:42 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
very true but he also 'gives a gift' like eric, with his touches around the box. we dont have another player like that and with owen on the pitch berbatov is exactly what we need. i'm counting this as berbs first season proper because he just didn't fit in with r4onnie in the team.
I totally agree. His 360 vision and his ability to find those passes is better than anyone at United since Cantona. I just want him to show that 100% desire to break the box and get in goalscoring positions when crosses are being set up and coming in. He's improved immensely on it this season, and at the same time, he can still do more.

Unread 17-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Ethers

Berbs has been brilliant since about that time that @#%&! Sniffer made a thread about him. No coincidence imo.

Unread 18-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Aloe Blacc

Berba has just bad luck, seriously, he would be top scorer in the league this season, look at the chances hes missed due to a divot/bobble and the amount of great headers/strikes on goal saved by good goalies.

He'll score at Anfield. but we'll probably lose.

Will Mr Rooney be back?

Unread 18-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Berbs has been brilliant since about that time that @#%&! Sniffer made a thread about him. No coincidence imo.
£#%&! you dicknose.