Yes 45 32.61%
No 93 67.39%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 29-07-2023, 12:02 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
and to who? what audience?

some of you are so narcissistic you can't fathom someone having an opinion quite different to yours
The 'you' you refer to.

You can hold your own opinion.

If you used 'narcissistic' knowingly, fair play.

Unread 29-07-2023, 05:29 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Was an absolute no and then I saw that shirt/Jacket and ngl I like it but it's still a no. Interesting to see how many in the yes camp have daughters...
I think this. I don't have daughters but I have sisters and nieces, and there's no way he should play for us again.

Was watching some United goals the other day and some of his popped up and he was top class the moment he came in. Thought to myself whether he should get another chance.

Then I remembered the audio... He can get to £#%&!.

Unread 29-07-2023, 05:39 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I think this. I don't have daughters but I have sisters and nieces, and there's no way he should play for us again.

Was watching some United goals the other day and some of his popped up and he was top class the moment he came in. Thought to myself whether he should get another chance.

Then I remembered the audio... He can get to £#%&!.
Yeah, no escaping that. Its a no from me. Still.

Unread 29-07-2023, 06:23 AM
Stickman

I have a daughter but i’m 100% sure my stance would be the same if I didn’t.

I agree that everyone makes mistakes but there are levels to them. I can’t get past what he says in the audio, that’s scary behaviour.

If he was a bang average player I doubt many if anyone would want to look past the audio so just because we “need him” should be no different. Winning isnt absolutely everything but it’s things like this that show football up for it’s almost blind tribalism at times.

Unread 29-07-2023, 08:08 AM
BigJim

He’s £#%&!ing coming back isn’t he?

Unread 29-07-2023, 08:13 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim
He’s £#%&!ing coming back isn’t he?
I reckon he will.

Be interesting to see what stance our supporters take to defend him when he’s inevitably hammered on the road. What will the come back chants be? We’ve got nothing ffs

Unread 29-07-2023, 08:28 AM
BigJim

This is one of those rare instances where, if I'm able to set aside my personal dislike for this kid and what he did, I can actually see both sides of the argument.

Unread 29-07-2023, 08:33 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

https://twitter.com/ManUnitedZone_/s...294761984?s=20

the redemption could be one of the best ever. one of our own..

multiple reports state ten haag and mason have spoke a few times. its obvious he wants him back in the team.

on another note I saw something on twitter saying he is a 100m striker. united will never just write that off.

in a world where half a top flight season hojlund is costing 60m ish. how much is Greenwood worth?
100 million

Unread 29-07-2023, 08:33 AM
RedNick80

I can’t get on board with it, not after hearing it.

Unread 29-07-2023, 08:39 AM
Parlabane

Personally I think he should never play for the club again - I get the feeling though that the winds are shifting on this one

- a couple of soft articles here and there I can see the club thinking that the worst of the publicity is over and they will reintegrate him

I really don’t know how I will feel as and when he scores especially in a tight or important match - usually it would just be massive celebration - genuinely don’t think it would be the case with him - it would just feel wrong celebrating any achievement featuring him

Unread 29-07-2023, 08:42 AM
jem

I'd have to speak to him before forming a definitive view.

in theory, he is not (and should not be) beyond redemption.

if it had been one of my daughters, I'd want him dead. but I am prepared to accept that this might be a failing on my part.

on the other hand, wout could save a class of children from a burning building and I would not let him play. he could have a statue outside a train station.

Unread 29-07-2023, 08:42 AM
BigJim

If I put my cynicism regarding quality and value of the athlete aside, I can see why this is a difficult position for the club to be in. They're really damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Unread 29-07-2023, 08:57 AM
My Name is Heath

Best solution is a sale to Turkey.

It’s an on pitch disaster and a financial catastrophe but it’s the least bad option.

Unread 29-07-2023, 09:14 AM
jem

I don't see anything between dead and playing for united.

Unread 29-07-2023, 09:24 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
This is one of those rare instances where, if I'm able to set aside my personal dislike for this kid and what he did, I can actually see both sides of the argument.
Quote:
If I put my cynicism regarding quality and value of the athlete aside, I can see why this is a difficult position for the club to be in. They're really damned if they do, damned if they don't.
Hoping for a third variation of this post at some point.

I can’t see him playing for us again, but at this point I wouldn’t be surprised. They’ll wait to see if we sign a striker before making the call.

Unread 29-07-2023, 09:28 AM
Boring Dave

Can’t believe it’s even an issue. Not even taken to a court case and him and the missus are perfectly happy and expecting a child.

Get him in the side ffs.

Dads with daughters will just have to cry more.

Unread 29-07-2023, 09:41 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tory Dave
Can’t believe it’s even an issue. Not even taken to a court case and him and the missus are perfectly happy and expecting a child.

Get him in the side ffs.

You don’t need to have a kid to not be comfortable with it old sport.

Unread 29-07-2023, 09:55 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tory Dave

Get him in the side ffs.

good point regarding the missus

Unread 29-07-2023, 09:56 AM
NedKelly

Trevor and Mo seemed happy on the outside too.

Unread 29-07-2023, 10:11 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Trevor and Mo seemed happy on the outside too.
now I'm torn.

between saying I have no idea what you are talking about and saying it's lucky harriet doesn't have an iron.