United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 27-10-2009, 11:11 PM
MUFC One Love

Default Re: OFFICIAL: Barnsley v United thread. (Teams, links + doom)

Welbeck looked very good playing centrally, he doesn't look as good out wide.

Evans will be a first 11 centre back next season, Rio or Vidic will be sold this summer.

Unread 27-10-2009, 11:12 PM
thatsfuctit

the first lad must have the same boot deal as foster.

Unread 27-10-2009, 11:12 PM
Stubbsy

FROM THE BEEB..........

2208: And the breaking news keeps coming: Sir Alex Ferguson says Gary Neville deserved his red card. I'll give you a few minutes to pick yourself off the floor.

2204: BREAKING NEWS Newcastle appoint Chris Hughton as manager on an 18-month contract. The club is no longer for sale.

Unread 28-10-2009, 12:52 AM
Sloane

that was rowdy tonight very good

Unread 28-10-2009, 12:54 AM
Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
gutted i missed it. few of my mates text me telling me how good it was

glad to hear it was better than sunday though. hopefully the scousers get through and we get chance to put things right at their place

Unread 28-10-2009, 12:59 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
gutted i missed it. few of my mates text me telling me how good it was

glad to hear it was better than sunday though. hopefully the scousers get through and we get chance to put things right at their place
you would have loved it you big hooligan

Unread 28-10-2009, 01:01 AM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Thoroughly enjoyable night indeed

Wasn't involved in the half time shenanigans was you sloaners?

Unread 28-10-2009, 01:02 AM
Ben

Quote:
you would have loved it you big hooligan
says the one who got in confrontation at the weekend

Unread 28-10-2009, 01:12 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Corrigan
Thoroughly enjoyable night indeed

Wasn't involved in the half time shenanigans was you sloaners?
i was a bit thirsty so i borrowed a coke

Unread 28-10-2009, 01:14 AM
Ben

Quote:
i was a bit thirsty so i borrowed a coke
ysb

Unread 28-10-2009, 01:18 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
ysb
somebody had taken it and gave it me upstairs so shush part timer

Unread 28-10-2009, 01:23 AM
Ben

Quote:
somebody had taken it and gave it me upstairs so shush part timer
£#%&! off, BGR

Unread 28-10-2009, 01:31 AM
shadowplay

Unread 28-10-2009, 02:04 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay

Unread 28-10-2009, 06:22 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
straight red imo, fergie has got stevie and sammy to have a word.

disgraceful, i demand a life ban and an apology from fred the red.

Unread 28-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Part 36 Offer

Not a great performance but a promising one.

Anderson did well in midfield and Obertan looked very lively especially in the first half. He has good technique, plays with his head up and runs effortlessly with the ball. He has all of the attributes to be a success at United.

Macheda showed some excellent touches but is still a long way from being ready for the first team. He looks like he could be a top player though.

Evans did well. Class act.

Very pleased for Mickey Owen. He is a model professional and you can tell that all of the young players respect him. Fergie and the senior players love him too from what I've heard. Cracking goal as well. I suggested in the summer that part of Ferguson's thinking in bringing him in was for the likes of Wellbeck and Kiko to learn from him. #@&%!s like Marlo couldn't see the logic in that because he isn't a 'football manager' signing or doesn't knock about with lads from East London records.

Anyway it was good to have a game so quickly after Sunday's debacle. The disappointment lingers but its good to get back to winning ways no matter what the competition.

Good to see the big man Zoran put in a decent shift.

Love the wes brown song too. Its getting a good airing every game although couldnt hear much of it at anfailed though.

Unread 28-10-2009, 11:28 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

Anderson did well in midfield and Obertan looked very lively especially in the first half. He has good technique, plays with his head up and runs effortlessly with the ball. He has all of the attributes to be a success at United.

Macheda showed some excellent touches but is still a long way from being ready for the first team. He looks like he could be a top player though.

Very pleased for Mickey Owen. He is a model professional and you can tell that all of the young players respect him. Fergie and the senior players love him too from what I've heard. Cracking goal as well. I suggested in the summer that part of Ferguson's thinking in bringing him in was for the likes of Wellbeck and Kiko to learn from him. #@&%!s like Marlo couldn't see the logic in that because he isn't a 'football manager' signing or doesn't knock about with lads from East London records.

Anyway it was good to have a game so quickly after Sunday's debacle. The disappointment lingers but its good to get back to winning ways no matter what the competition.

Love the wes brown song too. Its getting a good airing every game although couldnt hear much of it at anfailed though.
All very true. It was clear that Obertan is short of football, he did well to stay on for the 90. I was impressed with Zoran, the lad can't catch a break though, he was the pitch what, 5 minutes before Neville was sent off? More difficult for him to show what he can do with fewer teammates, still, what he did he did well and showed he can mix it up a bit too. Unlucky with the effort on goal, defence and keeper rooted.

I was gutted Neville got sent off, I really wanted to see James and King get a bite of the cherry, nevermind, plenty of time for those 2.

Macheda did well, I thought, no service at all, showed for the ball all the time, showed quick feet in tight areas and seems to have gotten a little quicker. Just needs to keep improving.

Welbeck is going to be a star.

Unread 28-10-2009, 11:46 AM
marlo

Quote:

tbh ....

i was wrong about owen. i thought he was finished, he isnt finished and isnt good enough to be first choice but is a good enough squad player for us.he missed chances but his finish yesterday was top drawer. the sort of finish messi does quite often where it the placement and execution that is vital not the power behind it.
his last three cameos have been impressive and nothing makes me happier than being wrong.
do you think im bothered than owen is looking sharp and like a decent striker.

i still think we need a fast strong striker to partner rooney but there is a place for owen in our squad.

we should sell out white elephant and bring in a new striker to partner rooney. owen and wellbeck as 3rd and 4th choice respectively and im happy.

obertan looks good and is looks like he will be first choice by the end of the season. definately looks mentally better than both nani and valencia.

big andy needs to pull his finger out as gibson will soon replace him

Unread 28-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
tbh ....

i was wrong about owen. i thought he was finished, he isnt finished and isnt good enough to be first choice but is a good enough squad player for us.he missed chances but his finish yesterday was top drawer. the sort of finish messi does quite often where it the placement and execution that is vital not the power behind it.
his last three cameos have been impressive and nothing makes me happier than being wrong.
do you think im bothered than owen is looking sharp and like a decent striker.

i still think we need a fast strong striker to partner rooney but there is a place for owen in our squad.

we should sell out white elephant and bring in a new striker to partner rooney. owen and wellbeck as 3rd and 4th choice respectively and im happy.

obertan looks good and is looks like he will be first choice by the end of the season. definately looks mentally better than both nani and valencia.

big andy needs to pull his finger out as gibson will soon replace him
fair enough marls.

I love berba but I agree we do need a centre forward with pace and strength. It doesnt mean that Berba is finished though.

Whats this white elephant stuff all about?

Ando has impressed me with his attitude. You know I have always liked him but there is no denying that he took his foot off the gas for a while there. Reckon he was too wrapped up in his R8 tbph.

Unread 28-10-2009, 12:52 PM
marlo

Quote:

Whats this white elephant stuff all about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_elephant