United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 17-05-2023, 06:48 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
50 year involvement in football is stretching it ffs

He’s 52. Bit like saying my 3 year old son has a 2 year involvement in construction.

Unread 17-05-2023, 06:49 PM
Hyman_Roth

I don’t think anyone can point to nice and suggests it’s anything other than poor example of BJR’s ownership.

But nice is a provincial small sleepy football club which generates zero interest within Nice, never mind outside it.

We couldn’t be more different and I think the approach will be radically different. I just have no idea why he bought Nice in the first place.

There isn’t a perfect solution with all this. There are just aspects that sound worse to me than others. Joining city and psg on the ME roids doesn’t appeal. Ending up like nice doesn’t either. I’m more convinced the former will happen if Qatar take over than I am the latter will if BJR does.

Unread 17-05-2023, 07:31 PM
ScarFace

What we can look at is him being a rat who's called the Glazers nice people. Cant afford the whole club so has done a Glazer style bullshit take over deal and while his rival bidder promises a billion into the area around the club, this guy with 15 years to live says he'll put the manc back into united.

He's the same as the Glazers, doing it on the never never. Rat.

Unread 17-05-2023, 07:47 PM
Ethers

It’s not the same kind of deal as the Glazers did at all. People can have reservations about BJR, and some of them might well be correct.

But saying it’s the same kind of deal as the Glazers takeover is demonstrably false, and makes you look an idiot. I realise this is probably not a major issue for you though, as you are actually an idiot.

Unread 17-05-2023, 07:55 PM
Dr Stranger

15 years to live

Unread 17-05-2023, 08:04 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
15 years to live
He is looking gaunt.

Could be less

Unread 17-05-2023, 10:29 PM
Dr Stranger

You take your time, guys. No rush.

Unread 17-05-2023, 10:41 PM
Vedder

Quote:
In true glazer style they’re going to ruin our transfer window. Watch everyone around us improve massively while Erik is resigned to the £#%&!ing bargain bin

Unread 17-05-2023, 10:46 PM
Jethro

Our summer is absolutely £#%&!ed. Erik operating with one hand tied behind his back. Hope some of the young lads he's hyping up have something about them.

Unread 17-05-2023, 10:47 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
In true glazer style they’re going to ruin our transfer window. Watch everyone around us improve massively while Erik is resigned to the £#%&!ing bargain bin
Yep. It’ll be a harsh summer, but our last one. I’ll take a crap summer to get them gone in the long run.

Unread 17-05-2023, 10:52 PM
AK14

Qatari lads holding back the big reveal until after the champions league final so a city win gets forgotten about… well even quicker than it already will obviously.

Unread 17-05-2023, 11:18 PM
Stickman

Thumbs down

It’s going to be a repeat of the Fred, Lee Grant and Diogo Dalot window.

Unread 18-05-2023, 01:54 AM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Yep. It’ll be a harsh summer, but our last one. I’ll take a crap summer to get them gone in the long run.
Me to. I can't believe were still having this conversation after a 5.6 billion bid. It's surreal. It's like I'm stuck in some weird football horror film, whereby Avram and Joel keep popping out of their coffins.

Enough already, liberate the club, get rid of the debt and delist it from the NYSE.

Unread 18-05-2023, 02:44 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
Me to. I can't believe were still having this conversation after a 5.6 billion bid. It's surreal. It's like I'm stuck in some weird football horror film, whereby Avram and Joel keep popping out of their coffins.

Enough already, liberate the club, get rid of the debt and delist it from the NYSE.
I've come to despise them even more this year ffs. I get Rawk style 'shaking with rage' just looking at them.

Unread 18-05-2023, 05:33 AM
Denis Irwell

One thing that constantly comes up is “the debt”. Having been a business owner for a looong time, I’ve always been aware that debt, in certain areas, can be used to offset profit in other areas, thus, reducing tax liability. Are there any accountant Freds that can shed some light on Jim, taking the debt and dumping it on the high profit areas of his operation, effectively making it disappear and United never need to worry about it ever again?
For that matter, assuming Qatar has a tax system, perhaps it could be used similarly for them, unless they never have to worry about such a nuisance as income tax. It would at least relieve us of one concern people get a bit obsessed about. Just need to fix the stadium that has been left to deteriorate after the club spent 50 years making it the best in the country.

Unread 18-05-2023, 05:34 AM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I've come to despise them even more this year ffs. I get Rawk style 'shaking with rage' just looking at them.
Me to. I just want them gone. I want the debt gone, the NYSE gone, the investment banks gone, the shareholders gone.

The one person who has the money to that is Jassim.

Unread 18-05-2023, 05:44 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Me to. I just want them gone. I want the debt gone, the NYSE gone, the investment banks gone, the shareholders gone.

The one person who has the money to that is Jassim.
Here’s another…

When we rebuilt after the place got bombed, after we built the United Rd canteliver stand, covered the scoreboard etc etc etc, we didn’t just pull a wedge from the back pocket. I know the United Development Association (pools) paid for a large portion of it but we always ran a healthy profit and ground development was a handy way to reduce tax

Unread 18-05-2023, 07:22 AM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Here’s another…

When we rebuilt after the place got bombed, after we built the United Rd canteliver stand, covered the scoreboard etc etc etc, we didn’t just pull a wedge from the back pocket. I know the United Development Association (pools) paid for a large portion of it but we always ran a healthy profit and ground development was a handy way to reduce tax
I understand your perspective on the debt, it's the debt from the leveraged buy out that is the issue.

Anyways, Chelsea sold for 5.3 billion, so hopefully 5.5/5.6 is enough to get Avram and Joel to commit to a full sale.

Unread 18-05-2023, 07:40 AM
AK14

Wasn’t Chelsea sold for 2.5 but for what ever reason the media kept adding the future investment on top to bring it to 4 or 5… what ever it was?

Unread 18-05-2023, 08:53 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
I understand your perspective on the debt, it's the debt from the leveraged buy out that is the issue.

Anyways, Chelsea sold for 5.3 billion, so hopefully 5.5/5.6 is enough to get Avram and Joel to commit to a full sale.
Yes I understand. Maybe I’m missing something but the “issue” is still debt. If it can be shifted onto one of his profitable chemical companies, surely it benefits them as well as us?

There’s an awful lot of assumptions flying around and there is obviously a lot we don’t know