United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 02-10-2022, 02:52 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Walking out
putting in as much effort as the players

Dr Stranger

I am so £#%&!ing sick of getting utterly humiliated by city and/or Liverpool every £#%&!ing season.

Gutless, pathetic performances again and again.

There we are allowing ourselves to get a BIT excited by four wins and some encouraging signs, but make no mistake - this team is still miles away from being a top side - or capable of anything more than handful of good performances when they feel like it.

Any confidence built from four wins will be obliterated after this.

I thought we’d lose, but I thought we’d turn up. Silly me.

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
True. It's just so depressing how fragile we are. Rashford and Sancho looked absolutely terrified from the first whistle. We conceded and immediately went to pieces.
That’s the fragility that’s been there for 3-4 years. The new manager has had 6 games to sort it.

I said in the build up thread I thought they might come out hell bent on destroying the new manager and the new era before it started, just felt like the ruthless thing to do.

Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I would have played Shaw over Malacia, just because of experience.

Think the manager has been fair to be loyal to winning team but watching The Scottish Player trying to go up against the best midfield in the league, if not Europe, is an awful sight.

Not that any of our other players have been much better.

ETH needs to reload, just as he did dropping Shaw and Maguire. This time Rashford and The Scottish Player.
We don’t have a proper striker on the bench. There is nobody to play. He can throw Ronaldo on but it won’t make a difference.

Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Sancho must be the slowest winger I’ve ever seen, he can’t even pull away from De Bruyne
he is composed in front of goal but he’s absolutely not for me. As for signings like Antony at ~80m - it’s never bad practice to save that kind of expenditure for players who have some sort of track record of doing it in the CL.

Unread 02-10-2022, 02:53 PM
redhegemony

City have had 6 years to sort out their system and players we have had 6 months and it shows.

Look how many second balls they pick up their players know exactly where to be. That doesn't excuse Sanch and Antony not putting a shift in.

shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
85 million pound Antony should be doing much better. Are we the only club to £#%&!ing spend upwards of 70 million on players then have to take 2 seasons to bed them in.

Rashford Bruno Antony Eriksen dalot all dog shit.
Him and Sancho - 150 milion plus. Bizarre.

My kid just said "Antony reminds me so much of Sancho. But all the bad bits"

(Yeah, I'm struggling for the good bits as well)

Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
blaming the break fo being 4-0 down at half time this is the second time it’s happened this season
Embarrassing. The kind of pathetic excuses I’d expect from Harry ‘we need bigger mirrors’ Maguire.

puressence

Literally
A yard off every single player. No closing down against the team who just
Want
The ball. Ffs 🤦‍♂️. Stick a tackle
In ffs.

Unread 02-10-2022, 02:55 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
he is composed in front of goal but he’s absolutely not for me. As for signings like Antony at ~80m - it’s never bad practice to save that kind of expenditure for players who have some sort of track record of doing it in the CL.
Only at United do our 70 million plus signings require 2 seasons to “bed in” honestly expect better if you’re spending that sort of money on players.

I’m sure Antony has got bags of potential and is a good player. For 85 million I expect performances from him right form the start.

It’s not just him thought the whole team has been shite.

I wonder if it’s that £#%&!ing #@&%! Ramsay who’s telling them to get Eriksen to make haaland. Shite on set pieces

Unread 02-10-2022, 02:55 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
City have had 6 years to sort out their system and players we have had 6 months and it shows.

Look how many second balls they pick up their players know exactly where to be. That doesn't excuse Sanch and Antony not putting a shift in.
No. Systems schmystems. There’s no excuse for not doing the basics. That’s what we’ve been doing well and it’s been the foundation of our little revival.

We can do that. And we can not he cowards.

Unread 02-10-2022, 02:56 PM
Joe Biden

I'm trying to find the positives in this antony guy but he's another slow winger ala sancho who looks completely out of his depth in this league. 100m or whatever it was, £#%&!ing hell.

NedKelly

Missing Pogba here

shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony

City are winning because they are drilled to pass the £#%&!ing ball with speed and accuracy. Compare their front six to ours. We're just a team of mistakes.

Unread 02-10-2022, 02:57 PM
ZiggyStardust

I turned it off after 1-0 as I could see what was going to happen although I didn’t think it would be as bad as 4-0 at half time

Against the likes of City we’re like a beaten housewife
This team has suffered so many drubbings that they almost play like they are in the foetal position waiting for the inevitable hiding

I wouldn’t have been that disappointed if we lost today but at least competed against them and made it a tough game
How many drubbings have we experienced to our biggest rivals since Fergie retired

So £#%&!ing sick of this

Changing the mentality of this side is ETH’s biggest challenge

believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
I'm trying to find the positives in this antony guy but he's another slow winger ala sancho who looks completely out of his depth in this league. 100m or whatever it was, £#%&!ing hell.
I’m starting to think that Dutch league isn’t much cop.

MUFC One Love

Our forwards just lose the ball, constantly.

Unread 02-10-2022, 02:58 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
He gets leeway because he’s new. There’s plenty in there with no excuses.

Rashford, Sancho and Bruno have been terrible. Utterly terrible. Shit@#%&!s The Scottish Player and Dalot have reverted to type and more fool us for thinking they could be anything else.

Antony just seems like he’s playing within himself and settling in. He ain’t slow. I’m sure an absolute shitshow like this will help

Unread 02-10-2022, 02:59 PM
Dasilvatwins

Sancho looking more like a luxury player each day. Rashford dog shit. Antony not even there.

Bruno his usual giving the ball away. Eriksen has been piss poor, the back 4 have been pressured and they would always concede. I get the tactic is to hit them on the early counter but if rashford is running like the £#%&!ing ass he is , throw Ronaldo on.

Casemiro for Eriksen and play a 451

Unread 02-10-2022, 02:59 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Our forwards just lose the ball, constantly.
Only consolation is the don’t have it much….