United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-05-2010, 07:05 PM
MJ Ramone

Default Re: The World Cup

You'd have thought that with the World Cup coming up there might be a few 'Football Themed' adverts on telly

Unread 26-05-2010, 10:06 PM
MJ Ramone

'England's Worst Ever Football Team' on BBC3 now.
Look's like it'll be jam packed full of bants & Neville brother bashing

Unread 26-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
'England's Worst Ever Football Team' on BBC3 now.
Look's like it'll be jam packed full of bants & Neville brother bashing
John Fashanu singing otis redding.

Unread 26-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Sloppy

What a surprise its full of ABUs and #@&%!s who started following football because of euro 96.

Unread 26-05-2010, 10:24 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: The World Cup

USA 94 was £#%&!ing brilliant. A poor final, but a good tournament overall. Bulgaria knocking Germany out in the quarter finals Sweeden making the semis, Roberto Baggio, Batistuta, Hadgi, Romario, Stoichkov all in their prime...great stuff. And it had one of the best games I've ever seen:

Unread 26-05-2010, 10:25 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
What a surprise its full of ABUs and #@&%!s who started following football because of euro 96.
£#%&!'em.

Great avatar btw

Unread 26-05-2010, 10:28 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Yeah, big shock that

Neil Ruddock, Comedian's I've never heard of, that @#%&! Kevin Day, a few Women & a Blue Peter presenter are all experts on 'great players'

Unread 26-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Sparky***

are they judging players on ability or showbiz, tabloid scandal?

Unread 26-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
£#%&!'em.

Great avatar btw
The best ever.

Unread 27-05-2010, 01:55 AM
Tumescent Throb

1990 maybe wasn't the greatest world cup but it was fantastic even so and i still remember shit loads of stuff from it. voller and rijkaard, pearce's disallowed goal v holland, waddle nearly scoring from the halfway line and then hitting the post, platt's goal, canniggia's goal v brazil, maradona's penalty miss, baggio's brillinat kieth gillespie goal, valderama's hair, shilton getting nowhere £#%&!ing near saving a penalty, germany's £#%&!ing disgraceful antics in the final - which i saw in a bar in amsterdam £#%&!ed out of my skull... remember a bloke coming into the bar, north african type, and just putting a nine bar on the table over there and £#%&!ing off to the bog... and me helping a dutch bird with the guilders for the ciggie machine and almost coming in my kecks on the spot... and i remember floyd's division bell and comfortably numb as i watched the bar we were tripping out in floating past a barge on the canal outside

Unread 27-05-2010, 02:38 AM
Stickman

Dumitrescu's goal against Argentina is the absolute muts nuts.

Id have ran off 1 finger in the air

Unread 27-05-2010, 03:00 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
1990 maybe wasn't the greatest world cup but it was fantastic even so and i still remember shit loads of stuff from it. voller and rijkaard, pearce's disallowed goal v holland, waddle nearly scoring from the halfway line and then hitting the post, platt's goal, canniggia's goal v brazil, maradona's penalty miss, baggio's brillinat kieth gillespie goal, valderama's hair, shilton getting nowhere £#%&!ing near saving a penalty, germany's £#%&!ing disgraceful antics in the final - which i saw in a bar in amsterdam £#%&!ed out of my skull... remember a bloke coming into the bar, north african type, and just putting a nine bar on the table over there and £#%&!ing off to the bog... and me helping a dutch bird with the guilders for the ciggie machine and almost coming in my kecks on the spot... and i remember floyd's division bell and comfortably numb as i watched the bar we were tripping out in floating past a barge on the canal outside
It sound like you had a great time. But it was a terrible World Cup nonetheless.

Unread 27-05-2010, 03:06 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
It sound like you had a great time. But it was a terrible World Cup nonetheless.
Its my most nostalgic time following football as a child by far. Too young to understand the cheating that was going on.

Unread 27-05-2010, 04:02 AM
Grimson

Yeah that's usually why most people have a 'favourite' World Cup. For me it's 1982, even though, again, it wasn't a great tournament overall - too many tepid games, and the most attractive team didn't win.

Unread 27-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Sloane

Argentina team doctor: "The players will be able to have sex during the WC but with regular partners + without champagne or other drinks."

Unread 27-05-2010, 12:34 PM
magic_cantona

Thumbs up Re: The World Cup

Tim Sherwood (coach at Spurs) :"All 6 Tottenham players in the provisonal 30 should be certainties to go"

No bias whatsoever.

Unread 27-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Tim Sherwood (coach at Spurs) :"All 6 Tottenham players in the provisonal 30 should be certainties to go"

No bias whatsoever.
might be biased but he is right.

Unread 27-05-2010, 12:45 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
I'm even less surprised by that comment.

Unread 27-05-2010, 12:48 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
Thanks El Tel

Unread 27-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I'm even less surprised by that comment.
who wouldnt you take out of the 6?

the only possible one who you could argue against is big tom, but we are short of defensive midfielders so im not sure who goes in his place
Closed Thread